Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

If Dylan does call it a day after this op, he can look back on a fine career and playing as part of the finest defence group in a generation of Astbury, Rance , Vlastuin and Grimes.

Reactions: 9 users
Didn't we already have enough long term injuries to have picked 3 players instead of just the 2? Not much chance we were suddenly going to pick a 4th mid season player.
No idea of the total, but there's always a salary cap in operation and with a couple of large back ended Dusty n Lynch deals happening, plus increased payments to kids n fringies on top of the contractural payments to the injured players. Then perhaps there wasn't enough spare cap space to just keep adding mid season picks.
My point is the everyone besides those on PRE knew he had an operation
Hadn’t been at training for 6 weeks
Why not give some a chance in the mid season draft instead of just playing one short on list

We didn't even use all the mid season draft spots available to us did we? so on that side of things it hardly matters.
It does matter when you have 24 players to pick from for the past month
Poor list management considering he hasn’t been seen at punt Rd for 6 weeks

Don’t say you did a video of the event ? :eek:
Seven's way to young to be a ticky tocker if he was rhythming to Joe Dolce while he was popping his cherry. Somehow can't quite imagine getting all hot n sweaty with someone while trying to film it with a dirty great big video camera in hand, unless maybe he had an assistant paid to record the event for posterity.
Most important question for Seven though. Was it VHS or Beta?

My point is the everyone besides those on PRE knew he had an operation
Hadn’t been at training for 6 weeks
Why not give some a chance in the mid season draft instead of just playing one short on list
But we were already three short on the list because of injury, and only took two so that means we're already playing one short on the list. Grub's back operation then makes us two short on the list through long term injury.

Then when this year ends and we have to put all the long term injury blokes back onto the list, before we start doing our delistings we'll have two to many on the list because of our mid season blokes. So we either have to scrub them n leave them open to potentially being drafted by someone else or get rid of two players that were on our list to start the season and then, I think still make three more vacancies for the upcoming draft n trade period.

It does matter when you have 24 players to pick from for the past month
Poor list management considering he hasn’t been seen at punt Rd for 6 weeks
Might not have had salary cap room to put 4 mid season picks onto the list n that's why we only went for 2.

But we were already three short on the list because of injury, and only took two so that means we're already playing one short on the list. Grub's back operation then makes us two short on the list through long term injury.

Then when this year ends and we have to put all the long term injury blokes back onto the list, before we start doing our delistings we'll have two to many on the list because of our mid season blokes. So we either have to scrub them n leave them open to potentially being drafted by someone else or get rid of two players that were on our list to start the season and then, I think still make three more vacancies for the upcoming draft n trade period.
Grimes was never going on next year
That’s my point

Reactions: 1 user
Grimes was never going on next year
That’s my point
Then perhaps he simply makes way for Blight to stay on the list.
The only point that is relevant about the mid season draft is that though we already had three LTI spaces available we only took two players, so we were never going to take a third. Putting Grub onto the LTI as well and creating a fourth vacancy we were never going to fill anyway would have been a completely useless action.

Doubtful Willo would have been able to set up a camera in his car 30 years ago. Even now at the age of 70 i would guess he wouldnt now how.
You couldn’t help yourself could you kid. Here I was, just meandering aimlessly around the forum, minding my own business and….

I’ve set up plenty of cameras in my time. Grassy knoll, Watergate, Deep Throat, Debbie Does Dallas, lots of home movies as well.
And I’ll have you know I’m nowhere near 70. For 4 more years.

I’ve also told you a million times not to exaggerate.

Surely it's Dylan's turn very soon....
I'm hearing most likely before Rd 24. Not much point announcing before the Hawks game as they want to send off at "home".
It is coming though, so could be earlier if they want to stage them.

Reactions: 2 users
Another Tiger triple premiership champion. Massive role in those three flags
Huge.

Dylan Grimes at his peak is underestimated and forgotten a little and was one of the most KEY players over our reign especially after Tross went down in 2019.

He went from 3rd banana to Boss Man on field.

Love Grimsey dead set weapon in defense, no mess just hard business.

Love him.

Will probably get his honoring next week so they both get the love individually and then get to share it in round 24.

Reactions: 17 users
If Dylan does call it a day after this op, he can look back on a fine career and playing as part of the finest defence group in a generation of Astbury, Rance , Vlastuin and Grimes.
Dont forget Broad and Bash

Reactions: 2 users