Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Very annoying the RFC
Why ?
He could of gone on long term injury list and they have another pick in draft
Amazing stuff
We didn't even use all the mid season draft spots available to us did we? so on that side of things it hardly matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
If he has been battling back issues explains a lot of the form drop off. Unfortunately became a bit of a liability during his captaincy.

At his best was rancelike. There was a game against port where he just marked everything (probably on Dixon) then he would butter up and take care of Charlie Cameron a week later.

Reactions: 11 users
We are now bearing the costs of our 3 flags.

Grimes was a star - fancy that we picked the better of the 2 Grimes (Melb bombed out). I thought he was gone before he really got started with his 2 hammies (same with Astbury and his knee) but a credit to him that he has overcome early setbacks and now has 3 flags in his back pocket.

Defence wins premierships and he was a major player for us in that backline.

Reactions: 15 users
We are now bearing the costs of our 3 flags.

Grimes was a star - fancy that we picked the better of the 2 Grimes (Melb bombed out). I thought he was gone before he really got started with his 2 hammies (same with Astbury and his knee) but a credit to him that he has overcome early setbacks and now has 3 flags in his back pocket.

Defence wins premierships and he was a major player for us in that backline.
And his brother was a top 10 pick. We got Dylan as a psd.

Reactions: 1 users
If he has been battling back issues explains a lot of the form drop off. Unfortunately became a bit of a liability during his captaincy.

At his best was rancelike. There was a game against port where he just marked everything (probably on Dixon) then he would butter up and take care of Charlie Cameron a week later.
I think we've kept a few guys around to top up the pension, in a trade off for discounted contracts earlier in the career.
Jack, Cotch, Edwards, Etc.
Don't think for a second this guy didn't take a cut to keep us together.

At his best he was inspirational. He was a key reason why Rance could run off to intercept. Never forget how important this man was to our success.

Reactions: 13 users
Willo. I know this is going to surprise you but I agree with you ...... :LOL:

I did notice that this week for the first time in a long time we got an update about the Tap, which was a positive but well overdue. A similar update on Grimes and also the invisible giant in Colina should also be included.

I am pretty sure ( but I may be wrong) that the content on the website is run by the Club, but not the back end. The guy who's name I forgot who used to be on the Talking Tigers podcast (JB?) I think is in charge of that. Tony Greenberg provides a lot of the articles as well.

😁

I think we've kept a few guys around to top up the pension, in a trade off for discounted contracts earlier in the career.
Jack, Cotch, Edwards, Etc.
Don't think for a second this guy didn't take a cut to keep us together.

At his best he was inspirational. He was a key reason why Rance could run off to intercept. Never forget how important this man was to our success.
It’s something I thought too General.
When a few of our top earners rearranged their contracts to fit other players like Lynch in. The club reciprocated by adding an extra year on.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s something I thought too General.
When a few of our top earners rearranged their contracts to fit other players like Lynch in. The club reciprocated by adding an extra year on.
And absolutely no problem with it.

Dylan Grimes is as hard a unit to ever pull on a jumper at Punt Road.

Modern day Bruce Doull.

Reactions: 10 users
One of my favorite Tigers.

Love Grimesey, absolute warrior.

Critical player for the RFC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I'm guessing it's a herniated disc. Couple bulging? Another close to herniated?

The prog is not too bad for the surgery for cleaning up one disc.

He'll pull the pin if he can't come up. I'm not against Grimes playing on if he thinks he can. The prog can be good. He was at least okay when he could get on the park this year.

I wouldn't be rushing any of our champions off to the happy farm. If they can walk.

I had surgery on a herniated disc when I was 23. I tried to play indoor soccer 6 months later and struggled. But obviously didn't have elite physio on my side (arguably neither does Grimes). Personally can't see it happening at his age

Reactions: 1 user
Very annoying the RFC
Why ?
He could of gone on long term injury list and they have another pick in draft
Amazing stuff
Didn't we already have enough long term injuries to have picked 3 players instead of just the 2? Not much chance we were suddenly going to pick a 4th mid season player.
No idea of the total, but there's always a salary cap in operation and with a couple of large back ended Dusty n Lynch deals happening, plus increased payments to kids n fringies on top of the contractural payments to the injured players. Then perhaps there wasn't enough spare cap space to just keep adding mid season picks.

Well…. That’s my personal fan favourite done… helluva ride…. Rock in defence

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
I think we all knew that this was Grimesy’s superannuation year. Chinese buying wine again. Happy days ahead for the champ.

Reactions: 3 users