Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Farewell lap in the back of a ute?
deserved better then that

Reactions: 1 user
Superstar. But him and the other superstar, Meatball, both need to retire now.
Probably.

Grimes has clearly declined as a player, not sure even if he was fit he would be in the team. Prestia has declined to some degree but to me is still worth his spot but he just can't stay on the park.

For the record I agree with the term superstar, for both. I reckon in 2019-20 Grimes had a case to be seen as the best general defender in the AFL

Reactions: 5 users
Despite his JDM in 2021, the 2019 season would be the highlight of his career for me. The likes of Parrot wrote off our fortunes after Rance went down, and yet Dylan stepped up as the general of defence and helped us to our well deserved 2nd flag in 3 years. The public started to notice that he was more than just a stopper in the shadow of Rance and was a gun in his own right.

Such a shame for Dylan to struggle through the last couple of years. He was my favourite player for a long time. Agree with others that it's best for the club that he doesn't play on next year.

Despite what seems like a disappointing conclusion he'd look back on his career with pride, and no doubt his brother would be a little envious of his achievements. Done well for a pre-season draft pick!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
They could have at least sent out an email update to members.
The RFC website is still run by crocmedia or some other bunch of incompetents isn’t it?
Do we have to submit articles for them to publish on that site? Anyway it’s fairly pisspoor.
Maybe time to drop an email to the club and politely tell them of our disappoint regarding injured player updates.
Feels like we hired the Iraqi Information Minister for all club communication.
Whilst the wheels have well and truly fallen off on-field, it feels like off-field is in disarray too.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Champion. All time great of the club. Sad way to end a career but he got the absolute best from himself. I can still hear that bone-smacking collision with Sean Higgins in the 2015 elimination final. Along with Cotch and Rance, always accelerated into collisions. (Dusty didn't have collisions.)

On the communications side of things, isn't that Simon Matthews' area? Do we want him running the club as well as the communications team operates?

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Club should have announced this before the AFL site. While clarity around the back injury and treatment/operation would have been more transparent to club members, it's unlikely that at his age he'd play again. 33 in July after all.
Been alot of this. RFC website always seems to be second to announce.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Won't see him at his best ever again.
1 of my all time favourites..
The real pack buster.
The day he hit the north bloke in the final at 100kph was 1 moment I will never forget.
Legend Legend Legend

Reactions: 5 users
I hope that Dylan takes the decision out of the clubs hands and announces his retirement, instead of the club having to tell him his time is up.

Reactions: 4 users
Don’t know why the club hid this
He had back surgery 4 weeks ago
Won’t play again

I'm guessing it's a herniated disc. Couple bulging? Another close to herniated?

The prog is not too bad for the surgery for cleaning up one disc.

He'll pull the pin if he can't come up. I'm not against Grimes playing on if he thinks he can. The prog can be good. He was at least okay when he could get on the park this year.

I wouldn't be rushing any of our champions off to the happy farm. If they can walk.

Reactions: 2 users
Wore my Dylan Grimes badge on my scarf to the 2019 GF with pride.
He was an absolute warrior that year.
He was severely underrated by the general football public.
A gun.

FMD. *smile* of a year just keeps getting worse n worse. Gettin to the point the old fart needs a big rock to hide under n just ignore the rest of this footy season n maybe creep back out for the start of next year.
Skinny bugger with the *smile* hammies has been a favourite player for years. Always gave everything in games n hit the contest as hard as anyone in the game.

One of my favourite unsung heroes his player you don't need to worry about on the magnets he does his job.

Reactions: 1 user
What's with all the back injuries, the players must've been made to carry the camel during pre-season.

What a career Dylan has had after it looked like it was not going to get started because of all the hamstring injuries.

Won't see him at his best ever again.
1 of my all time favourites..
The real pack buster.
The day he hit the north bloke in the final at 100kph was 1 moment I will never forget.
Legend Legend Legend
That one Zips and also his dual with Charlie Cameron in the 2019 qualifying final at the Gabba. I was there that night and Charlie was flying, at the top of his game. His dual that night with Grimes was AFL at it's best but Dylan was massive and definitely took the points although Charlie had his moments as well.
That sort of one on one battle between two top liners is worth going a long way to see and Dylan was an incredible one on one player.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Very annoying the RFC
Why ?
He could of gone on long term injury list and they have another pick in draft
Amazing stuff

• Angry
Early on in his career he was so injury prone I doubted he would play thirty games for us. Thanks to a brilliant surgeon he has had a great career and given us so much pleasure watching his uncompromising play. However, at his age and injury problems maybe we will not see Dylan play again in Y & B. Should he retire and I expect him to, he will do so with the best wishes from the whole Tiger army