Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

lol - the other option is for the president of the RFC to announce that Martin is a required player and is contracted to the end of the season.

Any further media speculation on the validity of that contract and the competence of the RFC with regards that player will be taken up by our lawyers with that particular media outlet or individual journalist.

Send a transcript of that media conference to AFL House and hear the crickets.
Seriously ?
Why?
If you read this site and all over social media the vast majority of Richmond supporters couldn’t give a rats’ about what the media is saying .
What you suggest is actually feeding the press.
Leave it alone is my suggestion.

Reactions: 8 users
Why is everyone getting their knickers in a knot about Dusty.

Dusty will do what Dusty does - he has given us 300 magical games and we are now worried about 3 or 4 games and a possible non footy injury at the end of a shot season.

Dusty will tell us when he is ready.

Reactions: 2 users
lol - the other option is for the president of the RFC to announce that Martin is a required player and is contracted to the end of the season.

Any further media speculation on the validity of that contract and the competence of the RFC with regards that player will be taken up by our lawyers with that particular media outlet or individual journalist.

Send a transcript of that media conference to AFL House and hear the crickets.
I don't think a media outlet has ever questioned the validity of the contract or competence of the RFC so not really sure what the lawyers would be claiming. The club has stated he's a required player. Pandering to the media with responses is the worst thing to do. That's what they're after. Let them look stupid, no-one really cares least of all I suspect Dusty & the club.

Reactions: 3 users
Sh!t. Twig the toddler's turned up.

Who gives a *smile* how he got injured. Cogs got injured slipping in a shower, Astbury got bitten by a jellyfish, other player from other teams also. What the *smile* do you expect from a player nearing retirement?
Expect him to help his team and teammates
Pretty simple

He probably hasn't decided yet. Why isn't the same media pressure on Baker who also hasn't decided?
Mail is he has decided
Gold Coast have him in their sights
He is doing a “ Dimma “
Plays home games on the Goldie
They want “ bums “ on seats
After all
They did sign Karmichael Hunt many years ago
😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 1 user
Dusty will tell us when he is ready.
I don't think this is true. The Golf, the trip to New Zealand, the lack of clarity about the future, it's weakening the new regime.

The Dimma, Chief, Trent era is gone, we are desperate for new leaders. And the handling of this weakens the new leaders.

Reactions: 2 users
It will be all over very soon. The sooner Dusty is either Retired or moved on the better.
I have changed my mind about keeping Dusty. Think its time he went.
Have you noticed the team plays better without him?
The sooner Gale leaves the better as well.
Awesome era Gale and Dusty gave us so much success and we appreciate their service.
However, us fans are still here, and the future does not involve either of them.

Reactions: 11 users
I don't think this is true. The Golf, the trip to New Zealand, the lack of clarity about the future, it's weakening the new regime.

The Dimma, Chief, Trent era is gone, we are desperate for new leaders. And the handling of this weakens the new leaders.
What do we know about "the golf"? as far as i am aware Yze said it was important for Dusty to have interests outside of footy- such as golf. Do we know that last time he played? or how often?
NZ- do we know why he went? for all we know it was a funeral/wedding/important cultural event.
as for his future, there are at least 20 senior players (likely lots more) across the league who havent announced if they will play again next year or not. The only reason Dusty is different is because the media are making him different.

Reactions: 3 users
Just posted a story in the Journo section if your interested.

Don't shoot the messenger and we know McClure is a Fu^&wit, but generally where there is smoke...

IMO he’s off to GC saving himself from the possibility of any further injury by being out due to “injury”

What do we know about "the golf"? as far as i am aware Yze said it was important for Dusty to have interests outside of footy- such as golf. Do we know that last time he played? or how often?
NZ- do we know why he went? for all we know it was a funeral/wedding/important cultural event.
as for his future, there are at least 20 senior players (likely lots more) across the league who havent announced if they will play again next year or not. The only reason Dusty is different is because the media are making him different.
Was thinking same, have heard sweet FA about Tom Hawkins and he was playing far, far worse than Dusty

Reactions: 1 user