Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Judge Judy GIF
My reaction when we get the weekly update about #dustygate
We’ve gone from experts in epidemiology, nuclear reactors, outages….so many experts in #dustygate

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I was referring to the club putting to bed the speculation. After all, and it seems to me that people forget, Martin is employed by the club.
Again. Ooze gives them answers in his pressers and that's how he and the club stand. It's those media scavengers who make up speculation that doesn't exist and crave for big headlines. If Dusty wasn't sighted for weeks at training, then they've got a right to ask, as us supporters would too, but the fact we can all see is that he DOES show up at the club.

Reactions: 1 user
I was referring to the club putting to bed the speculation. After all, and it seems to me that people forget, Martin is employed by the club.
Let’s assume he has a press conference tomorrow.
There are 4 things he could say at a press conference
1. I’m retiring. If he did that there would be an enormous fuss for the next 5 weeks and he would hate that. He could retire this week but maybe he doesn’t want to have his last game this week.
2. I’m playing on at Richmond. You would have to assume that deal has not been done because if it had we would know
3. I’m going to the suns. When was the last time an active players announced they were going to another club whilst playing for someone else? You got it …never
4. I don’t know yet. Why would he have a press conference for that?

There’s the answer of why there is no press conference.

Imo the only time we will hear anything from Dusty before the end of the season is to announce he is playing on with Richmond or that he is retiring and the next match is his last. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if he announced his retirement after he plays his last match

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
1. I’m retiring. If he did that there would be an enormous fuss for the next 5 weeks and he would hate that. He could retire this week but maybe he doesn’t want to have his last game this week.
2. I’m playing on at Richmond. You would have to assume that deal has not been done because if it had we would know
3. I’m going to the suns. When was the last time an active players announced they were going to another club whilst playing for someone else? You got it …never

Imo the only time we will hear anything from Dusty before the end of the season is to announce he is playing on with Richmond or that he is retiring and the next match is his last. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if he announced his retirement after he plays his last match
Spot on, Sin. Dusty can’t win with these idiots. No matter what he says there is a media frenzy. Even if he doesn’t say anything , as he has, there is a media frenzy.

Reactions: 5 users
Again. Ooze gives them answers in his pressers and that's how he and the club stand. It's those media scavengers who make up speculation that doesn't exist and crave for big headlines. If Dusty wasn't sighted for weeks at training, then they've got a right to ask, as us supporters would too, but the fact we can all see is that he DOES show up at the club.
I still think the club can and should shut down the never ending and frankly bloody boring speculation about this one player at the club.

The President, rather than the first year head coach, would have more kudos in shutting it down with Martin at his side.

lol - the other option is for the president of the RFC to announce that Martin is a required player and is contracted to the end of the season.

Any further media speculation on the validity of that contract and the competence of the RFC with regards that player will be taken up by our lawyers with that particular media outlet or individual journalist.

Send a transcript of that media conference to AFL House and hear the crickets.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I still think the club can and should shut down the never ending and frankly bloody boring speculation about this one player at the club.

The President, rather than the first year head coach, would have more kudos in shutting it down with Martin at his side.
He probably hasn't decided yet. Why isn't the same media pressure on Baker who also hasn't decided?

lol - the other option is for the president of the RFC to announce that Martin is a required player and is contracted to the end of the season.

Any further media speculation on the validity of that contract and the competence of the RFC with regards that player will be taken up by our lawyers with that particular media outlet or individual journalist.

Send a transcript of that media conference to AFL House and hear the crickets.
That’s much the same as when people suggested stopping Dusty’s don’t argues by grabbing his arm and dragging him down. They were laughed at and told if it was that easy it would have already been tried. The media, the AFL and the clubs have a symbiotic relationship. This wouldn’t work. The AFL won’t let it and Dusty will be speculated on endlessly no matter what is announced. They’ll give up when he’s retired and shows no signs of wanting to play.

Reactions: 3 users

I reckon the media should stop their never ending and definitely boring speculation in the hope he will toss them a bone. Martin may have made up his mind. I suspect if he has made up his mind then the club know all about it and have talked to Dustin about how it will be handled. Of course, there is a good possibility he has not yet made up his mind.

The media know nothing and if they did know something they would be even more obnoxious. The useless AFL media are creating the shitstorm, they can sit and be showered with *smile* as far as I'm concerned.

DS

Reactions: 4 users