Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

who cares if he’s checked out and playing golf. He’s earned it.
His goal against the Hawks this year in his 300, has been the best moment for us fans since the 2020 GF.
He is the GOAT

Reactions: 11 users
Seriously ?
Why?
If you read this site and all over social media the vast majority of Richmond supporters couldn’t give a rats’ about what the media is saying .
What you suggest is actually feeding the press.
Leave it alone is my suggestion.
The fact this conversation continues as it does tells me that this "over cooked" subject of discussion and speculation still has a life, both on this platform and in the general world of football media.

Leaving it alone is a good suggestion. We all know the media won't until they are made to leave it alone. The AFL and the RFC have a decisive role to play here.

Not sure Dusty’s been playing golf lately but he’s fallen in love with the sport and was definitely playing twice per week.
If he’s got a *smile* swing like me, then golf is the last thing he should be doing with a bad back. He may swing like Ernie Els though.
Jim Furyk

Reactions: 1 user
Robbo on 360 said the media have turned this Martin story into a circus
And the club should tell the media people who are feeding off this story to go and Get Stuffed.
Because the club and Richmond know what's going on and the media haven't got anything to write about and they are just constantly going for the Martin/Richmond story.Screenshot_20240723_193720_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
And the club should tell the media people who are feeding off this story to go and Get Stuffed.
Because the club and Richmond know what's going on and the media haven't got anything to write about and they are just constantly going for the Martin/Richmond story.View attachment 23546
Well spoken Blobbo: "I'm really angry about this. I think the media's creating this circus coz they've got nothing to talk about"

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Because the club and Richmond know what's going on and the media haven't got anything to write about and they are just constantly going for the Martin/Richmond story.View attachment 23546

First time I've ever gone all in Blobbo. He can get in the queue for a Punt Rd statue if he keeps up that defence

Reactions: 1 users
First time I've ever gone all in Blobbo. He can get in the queue for a Punt Rd statue if he keeps up that defence
I'd love to see a media feud between him and Cornhead. The Chimp/Cornhead one lasted a while going back and forth so I hope this one picks up.

But club is very generous paying him $20k a week to play golf
Generous club
$20k a week, he should feel cheated. After the success the RFC have had off the back of Dusty he should be getting 50k a week, and provided with a buggy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The fact this conversation continues as it does tells me that this "over cooked" subject of discussion and speculation still has a life, both on this platform and in the general world of football media.

Leaving it alone is a good suggestion. We all know the media won't until they are made to leave it alone. The AFL and the RFC have a decisive role to play here.
They can’t be made to leave it alone.
Say nothing and let them get into a lather. Who gives a *smile*? I don’t, I suspect Dusty doesn’t and neither do most Tiger supporters, certainly the ones I know.
I was talking to a swans supporter today and he said to me he thought it was hilarious, that the media clowns were getting all annoyed about it.
I don’t know why anybody cares what the media think. Turn it off, don’t read it …whatever.

Reactions: 10 users
$20k a week, he should feel cheated. After the success the RFC have had off the back of Dusty he should be getting 50k a week, and provided with a buggy.
Im pretty sure the club made a tidy sum from his 300th crowd

Well spoken Blobbo: "I'm really angry about this. I think the media's creating this circus coz they've got nothing to talk about"
He said that?

Wow.
He's really taking Dry July seriously!:))

Most sense he's ever made?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
"Dustin Martin’s uncle Dean – a CFMEU delegate who was once in a relationship with former Greens senator Lidia Thorpe – is to be deported to New Zealand after his visa was cancelled on character grounds."

"Dustin Martin’s uncle Dean – a CFMEU delegate who was once in a relationship with former Greens senator Lidia Thorpe – is to be deported to New Zealand after his visa was cancelled on character grounds."

After Richmond won the 2019 AFL grand final, Dustin said: “I just want to say g’day to dad in New Zealand. I love you mate.”

Would go down as the most irrelevant sentence/quote I think I've ever read in an article...and that's a big statement with what's written these days.

Reactions: 1 users