Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

His s club champion, but a few things this season I haven't liked at all regardless say it how it is.

Preseason where told his flying yet his lucky to run or sprint in a game looks unfit and injured to me.

Going to NZ and golf etc load of bs. Last thing you do with back pain. Should be getting rehabilitation and getting fit. Club was in denial about it to.

His 300th game celebration. Did nothing on the club website neither interview or that package they put together, yet fox footy got a interview. Sorry bit disrespectful for me.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Brothers and Sisters, don't let the media and the haters suck you into shitcanning Dusty.
Na people just don't want to see the facts and truth because of his past glory. Hasn't played well his scenario at all this season.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Love Dusty, and so glad he has been a Tiger all these years buuut... it wouldn't be all bad if he 'did a Lids' at the end of the year.

A part of me would absolutely hate it, the other part would be rapt with the extra picks etc we would get.

Brothers and Sisters, don't let the media and the haters suck you into shitcanning Dusty.
Heuleyeuya brother. The dragger downers tall poppy choppers are out on force, with a hair trigger. I don't get it. Forget his achievement, happiness provided to us all, thats all meaningless because their personal little self centred remote controlled dusty narrative has been disturbed.

Jam it right up your jacksie I say. Dusty forever.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I think we look a bit quicker when he’s not playing tbh given his overall output so far this season.
Hope we get a chance to farewell him but the focus is shifting now to life post Dusty. Opportunities for young players to get better is preferable to nostalgia in our current predicament. Would want to see that he could contribute in the last few games of the year before completely writing his epitaph but it certainly appears close given he’s now missed a chunk of games.

Reactions: 1 users
Heuleyeuya brother. The dragger downers tall poppy choppers are out on force, with a hair trigger. I don't get it. Forget his achievement, happiness provided to us all, thats all meaningless because their personal little self centred remote controlled dusty narrative has been disturbed.

Jam it right up your jacksie I say. Dusty forever.
Ahh, but as has been proven over and over again. Nothing lasts forever. Not even the great Dusty one.
No interest in slagging off Dusty or any of the players that have given us so much footy joy in recent years, but sadly there comes a time when all things must pass.
Personal opinion only but I'm thinking that Dusty is just about cooked at Richmond and I'm expecting he'll retire by seasons end. If he thinks he's still got more he wants to do at Mold Coast or wherever then good luck to him, enjoy.

Geez.....look at that Dustin Martin. Who does he think he is? Turns up to training.....doesn't get on with the players and coaches.....should be at Gold Coast.....should be on holidays not caring about Richmond.....geez......we journos are the best FIGJAMs in the world....geez.

1721634541484.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
It’s hilarious watching the afl media get nude and red because Dusty won’t tell them what he’s doing.

If it goes on much longer Tom Morris, Karen Cornes and Grampa Lethal are going to spontaneously combust.

• Haha
  • Love
The club need to know where he is at !.
I'm ok if he goes to another club,retires ,or F stays just let the club know .

It’s hilarious watching the afl media get nude and red because Dusty won’t tell them what he’s doing.

If it goes on much longer Tom Morris, Karen Cornes and Grampa Lethal are going to spontaneously combust.
Actually this is on Martin and the club. You don’t put out a fire by throwing petrol on it.

The club could have shut down the media speculation by having a brief media conference weeks, if not months ago, with Martin present to tell the Tiger supporters and members that ?????

End of story. They have not done this and the speculation continues.

Actually this is on Martin and the club. You don’t put out a fire by throwing petrol on it.

The club could have shut down the media speculation by having a brief media conference weeks, if not months ago, with Martin present to tell the Tiger supporters and members that ?????

Media conference about what?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
He’s buggered no matter what he does. The moment he says what he’s doing he’ll be hounded for media coverage, no matter what the decision is.
Yep. Where's the privacy? What's this obligation he has? Funny thing is that some on here stated he can do whatever he likes, and now they get pissed off with all this dead silence. He's still a listed player, trains with the teammates, gets injured and can travel to our neighbour country to visit his family during that time, and HE will announce his future whenever HE feels like. Owes nothing to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Something not right.
Something definitely not right
Can’t just go missing
Sore back due to Golf not footy related
End of the day , contracted player
Club tippy toe around things
Similar to Grimes who retired 8 weeks ago
Believe what you like !

Yep. Where's the privacy? What's this obligation he has? Funny thing is that some on here stated he can do whatever he likes, and now they get pissed off with all this dead silence. He's still a listed player, trains with the teammates, gets injured and can travel to our neighbour country to visit his family during that time, and HE will announce his future whenever HE feels like. Owes nothing to everyone.
Incorrect
Got injured playing golf
Hasn’t been in rehabilitation
You figure it out

Incorrect
Got injured playing golf
Hasn’t been in rehabilitation
You figure it out
Sh!t. Twig the toddler's turned up.

Who gives a *smile* how he got injured. Cogs got injured slipping in a shower, Astbury got bitten by a jellyfish, other player from other teams also. What the *smile* do you expect from a player nearing retirement?

Reactions: 5 users

Who cares? Only you and the Melbourne footy media it seems.