Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Said this last week, will be one more week of will he or won't he, then he will be out for you.

Stage managed. Reckon he has told the club.
Told the club what?

If he has retired why wouldnt he announce it rather than doing rehab work at the club?
If he is going to the Suns why would he take the rest of this year off?

Reactions: 1 users
Told the club what?

If he has retired why wouldnt he announce it rather than doing rehab work at the club?
So he doesn’t exacerbate his “back injury”

Strange if you have a sore back surely you wouldn't be encouraged to play golf

My sources have told me It's all a ruse. He doesn't want to travel interstate. His "injured" back can't take flying. He'll be back in a couple of weeks and finish the season before his sayonara.
OR
He's currently bedding down on the Gold Coast at Dimma's place. He'll fly down with Dimma for round 24 when he'll play his last game for the Tigers, clearing out his locker, and leaving his car under the G, before Ralph Carr drives it to QLD.

- T Morris

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
My sources have told me It's all a ruse. He doesn't want to travel interstate. His "injured" back can't take flying. He'll be back in a couple of weeks and finish the season before his sayonara.
OR
He's currently bedding down on the Gold Coast at Dimma's place. He'll fly down with Dimma for round 24 when he'll play his last game for the Tigers, clearing out his locker, and leaving his car under the G, before Ralph Carr drives it to QLD.

- T Morris

;) I love the insider statement of fact. It’s like the weather prediction saying it is going to rain OR it might just be dry.

Told the club what?

That he is done with the club. And has been in New Zealand for a week. Hasn’t been at the club at all.

After all we’ve seen of Dusty and how shy he is you reckon he’d publicly share the information before he had to?

Either way, we don’t see him in a Richmond jumper again.

Reactions: 1 user
OR

- T Morris
Sounds reasonable :))

Farewell game next week. Resting up players this week so we can end Dusty's career and pies final hopes.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as the club knows, or finds out soon what Dusty's plans are, I'm happy for things to play out the way they are.
Preferably Dusty retires, and all the media hacks who have been making crap up will be made to look like the ambulance chasing idiots that they are.

Reactions: 4 users
Baba Vanga sauces told me Duz will retire to NZ to learn how to coach the 20th team......approx 2032.

I have no idea if he has decided to retire or not but if he has the fact that he hasn't announced it yet would be consistent with the way he operates.
He will likely want a minimum of fuss and if he announced it now there will be 6 weeks of fanfare.
It would be like Dusty to not announce it before the end of the season, leave his car in the carpark and go to Las Vegas and announce it from over there

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
One thing is for sure , the team which is in rebuild mode won’t miss the weekly circus around Dusty if he decides to retire/move clubs

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
“Richmond fans are growing increasingly frustrated with Dustin Martin”

Are they? Name three.

Hope the club circles the wagons and keeps receipts, to mix a couple of metaphors. The media surrounding Dusty has always been putrid.
Yes. Been said a lot, and I'll say it again. What will the media do when he retires? There is nobody to fill the vacuum. There is no player with the combination of charisma, power, skill, achievement and CV, personal style on the field, and shyness and mystique off it. It can't be manufactured. To hear 90K people at the G all fall silent to hear him speak after his 300th was incredible and something I'll never forget.

They will be buggered. there will be a bit of 'what is dusty doing in retirement' 'Dusty's brother gets speeding fine' etc. residue of course. But essentially, they'll be stuffed.

Reactions: 7 users
One thing is for sure , the team which is in rebuild mode won’t miss the weekly circus around Dusty if he decides to retire/move clubs
We'll inevitably move on from it quickly, just a part of the natural progression, but I don't think it really bothers the team for where we are at.. In some ways its cool, being a young player in the same side as a legend the media are obsessed with.

Reactions: 6 users