Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

If Duz goes there, then how about fair trade? Dimma the Divorcer can give us some good players. Why the hell are we all of a sudden their carers????
Nah, their payback for Lynch and Prestia. Already got BEllis cheap, now Dusty. Hypocritical from Dimma who won two further flags with those 2 additions at RFC.

Dusty is a proud footballer and I don't see him overstaying his welcome like Cotch and Grimes.
Old man's injuries like calf and back have clearly hobbled him this year.
End of contract this year allows the opportunity to go out with head held high.
Dusty300 felt like a send-off and a glorious one at that.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if he again left the car in the MCG car park after R24 and wandered off overseas after Mad Monday, again torturing the footy media with his silence, only to Insta a picture of him and Serena in a Barbados bar in January to indicate he ain't coming back.

Dusty is a proud footballer and I don't see him overstaying his welcome like Cotch and Grimes.
Old man's injuries like calf and back have clearly hobbled him this year.
End of contract this year allows the opportunity to go out with head held high.
Dusty300 felt like a send-off and a glorious one at that.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if he again left the car in the MCG car park after R24 and wandered off overseas after Mad Monday, again torturing the footy media with his silence, only to Insta a picture of him and Serena in a Barbados bar in January to indicate he ain't coming back.
If he does retire he is the sort of person who wouldn't announce it, certainly not now, because he won't want the hype. He may not even announce until the season is over but I don't think he would leave us in list management limbo.

That's his right to do so but to me it would be totally on script

Hope he plays on with a club agreement x 1 year, which specifically allows for his movement on to coaching.
Next year anticipate only a handful left with two or three flags..

Dusty's value initially as senior pro, and then coaching and mentoring both on and off the field, would be huge. For maximum p/r advantage, to be announced following Suns game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yep didn't train, still has back issues.
Absolute garbage “ back issues “
Seriously wake up folks
Checked ✔️ out unfortunately
Waves goodbye to the 92,000 in his 300th game
And then gave a token a game the following week

Last edited:
Absolute garage “ back issues “
Seriously wake up folks
It’s not easy to back into your garage while waving to 92,000 people

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Seriously wake up folks
What was the purpose of the token game? Why not just announce retirement? Why go to all the trouble of deceiving the public? No-one worth anything would think less of Dusty. I don't really get it if what you say is true.

Reactions: 4 users
Seriously wake up folks
Dusty doesn't use a garage. He just leaves his car wherever he wants.

Rumour has it, Chuck Norris is Dusty's valet service at the G.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I've shifted ground quite a lot on Dusty.

If we are going to lose 2 of Daniel, Bolton and Bakes, the supporters will need a Richoesque reason to go to the footy while we rebuild. My hope is that Dusty stays with us for around 600k and acts as a Bruest-style sub. only required for limited minutes. I reckon the Puntroadenders and the Grog Squad would be more than content to roar the joint down when Dusty takes off the vest.

And he will inspire our new kids to be great

We have lost too much too quickly. Dusty is our heart and soul just like Richo was when we were putrid.

Many of us went to the footy and sat in the rain and cold because we simply loved Richo. Histrionics and all.

It's getting hard for all of us. We need Dusty there.

We lost Cotch, Dave, Shedda and the immortal Jackmond all too quickly.

Peggy, Dimma and very soon Benny will be just revered names from the past.

We all know Dusty will never be like he was, but it's become emotional when I consider the Tiges without it's most exciting player ever.

He's 33.

And he is Dusty.

I for one, don't want to say goodbye.

The prospect of the occasional future cameo will be enough for me.

Reactions: 9 users
I've shifted ground quite a lot on Dusty.

If we are going to lose 2 of Daniel, Bolton and Bakes, the supporters will need a Richoesque reason to go to the footy while we rebuild. My hope is that Dusty stays with us for around 600k and acts as a Bruest-style sub. only required for limited minutes. I reckon the Puntroadenders and the Grog Squad would be more than content to roar the joint down when Dusty takes off the vest.

And he will inspire our new kids to be great

We have lost too much too quickly. Dusty is our heart and soul just like Richo was when we were putrid.

Many of us went to the footy and sat in the rain and cold because we simply loved Richo. Histrionics and all.

It's getting hard for all of us. We need Dusty there.

We lost Cotch, Dave, Shedda and the immortal Jackmond all too quickly.

Peggy, Dimma and very soon Benny will be just revered names from the past.

We all know Dusty will never be like he was, but it's become emotional when I consider the Tiges without it's most exciting player ever.

He's 33.

And he is Dusty.

I for one, don't want to say goodbye.

The prospect of the occasional future cameo will be enough for me.
I don't want to say goodbyr either, but I believe we have to. Having Dusty as the Super-sub would be too painful to see and it would still require him to keep up a high level of fitness to be able to do the moves and kick the goals we have come to admire. Based on what I've seen this year, his desire to train hard won't be there so it would be embarrassing to see him struggle whether it's with us or the Suns. It won't be good for him or the Suns for him to try to play next year but I'm happy to be proven wrong if it gives him a new challenge and re-kindles a desire to train hard and play well. We were fortunate to see him at his best and that's what I want to remember.

I don't want to say goodbyr either, but I believe we have to. Having Dusty as the Super-sub would be too painful to see and it would still require him to keep up a high level of fitness to be able to do the moves and kick the goals we have come to admire. Based on what I've seen this year, his desire to train hard won't be there so it would be embarrassing to see him struggle whether it's with us or the Suns. It won't be good for him or the Suns for him to try to play next year but I'm happy to be proven wrong if it gives him a new challenge and re-kindles a desire to train hard and play well. We were fortunate to see him at his best and that's what I want to remember.
That’s where I’m at with Dusty. If he retires now, he goes out with the memories of him at his peak still fresh.

Reactions: 1 users
Based on what I've seen this year, his desire to train hard won't be there so it would be embarrassing to see him struggle whether it's with us or the Suns
You dont reckon he has been training hard this year?

He is getting old and he has been getting injuries, but unless you KNOW he hasn't been training hard that is s big of a *smile* thing to say about a legend and someone who from all reports has always been a very good trainer.

He trained hard all preseason.
He hasnt shown a lack of motivation or focus to be AFL fit

What was the purpose of the token game? Why not just announce retirement? Why go to all the trouble of deceiving the public? No-one worth anything would think less of Dusty. I don't really get it if what you say is true.
Could be he played the extra game as an up yours to the jernos suggesting he’d play his 300th and retire.