Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Pains to say but I went to the Hawthorn game as most did and unfortunately he was a liability, defensively non-existent.
I think he will stick it out this year and retire at year’s end.
Actually not even defensively non-existent against Scrimshaw and Sicily, couldn’t compete in the air or on the ground at times
That game sealed it for me that old Father Time had caught up.
There was one passage of play where he could hardly bend down to pick up the ball.
That isn’t the DM that I want to remember.

Reactions: 4 users
We know it's not the done thing, but if he is going, just freaking announce it. 99% of us will not care we know it's time to move on.

The one thing I will not miss when Dustin retires is this non stop BS about what hes doing where he's going or not going.

Its been F8n ridiculous.

I was of the thinking he'd be happy to retire and just get the F* away from the circus in its entirety.

Reactions: 6 users
The one thing I will not miss when Dustin retires is this non stop BS about what hes doing where he's going or not going.

Its been F8n ridiculous.

I was of the thinking he'd be happy to retire and just get the F* away from the circus in its entirety.
I'm over it.
It's either Parrot or Cornes or McClure
But where the *smile* has Schwartz come from?

Has nothing to do with Hardwick anyway. He doesn't decide what compo AFL's secret herbs and spices calculations comes up with.
Disagree 100%
AFL had a hand in getting the sausage chef to the GC
As they will with Dusty

Reactions: 1 user
One of these days, one of these d1ckhole AFL journos is going to get Martin's next move correct on their millionth try, and they'll be creaming themselves silly and backslapping whichever scribe happened to break the 'exclusive' - or more to the truth, it'll be whichever journo wins this tedious and years-long game of pass-the-parcel. That's how the AFL media circle-jerk runs, doesn't it?
I’m picturing it. Dusty retires after his 350th game for the club. Journos- “ see, we told you he would retire. We were right all along”

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If dusty goes to Gc,

I'll immediately cancel me RFC memberships and buy a state league side membership and probably only watch AFL finals thereafter.

Ill make the call to RFC within 60 seconds of the story breaking, if it breaks

But i cant see him going.

Dusty and ralph are smart

Agree Easy. But his financial position must already be pretty bloody good. He is a very private person and the idea of moving away from the media scrum here likely to be a significant incentive.

Hate to see him go. Will be an outstanding pick up for GC if he does. Young boys listening and learning from the best Tiger, possibly the best player, ever.

Reactions: 1 user
Disagree 100%
AFL had a hand in getting the sausage chef to the GC
As they will with Dusty
Ok so Hardwick's deciding what compo Tigers will get? Nothing to do with Hardwick. AFL decides with their secret formula.

Not sure how/why people are getting frustrated or fed up with a so-called Dusty "circus".

None of it is driven by Dusty or the club.

It's all just media speculation from people trying to get their media profile up.

Pretty easy - Ignore it.

What will be, will be. Not like him going, staying or retiring is going to have a big influence on us rebuilding.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
That game sealed it for me that old Father Time had caught up.
There was one passage of play where he could hardly bend down to pick up the ball.
That isn’t the DM that I want to remember.
Looked like a back injury to me.

If dusty goes to Gc,

I'll immediately cancel me RFC memberships and buy a state league side membership and probably only watch AFL finals thereafter.

Ill make the call to RFC within 60 seconds of the story breaking, if it breaks

But i cant see him going.

Dusty and ralph are smart

Agree with your last two lines - and that’s been my take through this saga i.e. that it would be in Dusty’s long term financial interests - let alone for his general peace of mind - to finish his playing career as a Tiger only

And another year would be a great note to finish on

2HB Twomey reckons that if D. Martin was paid $750,000 per year x 2 years, then that would only garner about an end of round 2 pick in compo. Reckons the fact that D. Martin is 34 next year has a big influence on the how the compo is calculated. How he knows the formula I don't know, but regardless, he reckons age is a big factor in it.

End of round 2....add in Academy picks etc and in all reality, that's just a 3rd round compo if you were to believe 2HB.

The cemetery is full of people we couldn’t live without.

I love the RFC and all those who represent it whilst they represent it. If Dusty and Baker etc move on I doubt they’ll ever enjoy their new clubs anywhere near as much as the tigers. I will remember them but be barracking hard for their replacements.

I do wonder if Dusty does go to another club what impact that would have on memorabilia sales. I certainly wouldn’t purchase any for a player who left us to go somewhere else, no matter how good he was. Just a thought.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
2HB Twomey reckons that if D. Martin was paid $750,000 per year x 2 years, then that would only garner about an end of round 2 pick in compo. Reckons the fact that D. Martin is 34 next year has a big influence on the how the compo is calculated. How he knows the formula I don't know, but regardless, he reckons age is a big factor in it.

End of round 2....add in Academy picks etc and in all reality, that's just a 3rd round compo if you were to believe 2HB.

Yeah, age had a big influence on the Brando compensation.
As usual the AFL will do whatever the stuffing hell they please & we'll just have to bend over & take it.

Anyhow I really hope he doesn't go.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, age had a big influence on the Brando compensation.
As usual the AFL will do whatever the stuffing hell they please & we'll just have to bend over & take it.

Anyhow I really hope he doesn't go.

Not sure it was the age factor in Ellis' case

The AFL explained at the time the new contract is compared to some secret forula of average wages paid across the AFL and in that year the average increases and rose above the Ellis new contract amount. Smoke and mirrors

Its been F8n ridiculous.

Same here craigo. It's all BS anyway. His body's cooked. Ooze giggled when he heard his old mate Ox spurted this out. All made up rubbish. My feel is Duz will retire at season's end as a 1 club player.

Same here craigo. It's all BS anyway. His body's cooked. Ooze giggled when he heard his old mate Ox spurted this out. All made up rubbish. My feel is Duz will retire at season's end as a 1 club player.
Agreed. It wouldn’t have surprised me if he retired immediately after the 300th, or if he came out this week and said ‘My back’s stuffed. That’s it, I’m done.’