Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I couldn't believe the Chimp suggested that GC was a "better place to live". WTF ?

You've changed Chimp....you've changed man.

All the rain and humidity up there has liquefied his brain. Wake up to yourself Chimp !
Chimp is a very dull simple thinker, lucky he was a magnificent footballer.

Apparently his only speaking gigs are at pallative care facilities to hasten the end.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Well we’ve taken care of a couple of their castoffs. Lynch and Prestia. We’ve given them BEllis, CEllis, Mabs, Towner?, who else?
We’ve looked after them fairly well over the years. Quid pro quo you bastards
Did Anthony Miles end up there as well.

Reactions: 1 user
IF the AFL is behind the move for Dusty to Gold Coast and its a big IF. then they will make sure we get good compensation otherwise it would tarnish the brand. If we got say a first round pick as compensation then it improves the Dusty brand for Gold Coast. if they give us a 2nd or 3rd round compensation it would diminish the value of marketing Dusty.
We can only hope 🙏

Reactions: 2 users
IF the AFL is behind the move for Dusty to Gold Coast and its a big IF. then they will make sure we get good compensation otherwise it would tarnish the brand. If we got say a first round pick as compensation then it improves the Dusty brand for Gold Coast. if they give us a 2nd or 3rd round compensation it would diminish the value of marketing Dusty.
We can only hope 🙏
Doing something good, anything, for us goes against the grain.

Knowing the afl, we’re very unlikely to get any decent compo. Best we could hope is for a trade. Is Alex Davies any good?

Yeah. Seems like that.

Hopefully GC pay him $2.6m per year for the next 8 years.
If bog average players like Battle are having first round compo picks given to their current club then surely Martin is worth every bit of what Battle is getting $$$ wise.

I couldn't believe the Chimp suggested that GC was a "better place to live". WTF ?

You've changed Chimp....you've changed man.

All the rain and humidity up there has liquefied his brain. Wake up to yourself Chimp !
He is playing in Port Douglas next weekScreenshot_20240704_200049_Gallery.jpg

Reckon few players will play with more freedom and initiative too. Hard not to give the ball to Dusty if he calls for it
He isn’t the same.
Maybe a fresh change of scenery might be the tonic.
send him off in the best fashion as only the tiger army can.
We’ve had the best of DM.

A reminder Dusty hasn’t played in a win all season. Our two best games were without him.
Pains to say but I went to the Hawthorn game as most did and unfortunately he was a liability, defensively non-existent.
I think he will stick it out this year and retire at year’s end.
Actually not even defensively non-existent against Scrimshaw and Sicily, couldn’t compete in the air or on the ground at times

Reactions: 4 users
A great club servant is Dusty and stayed with us over money so now when we have had the very best out of Dusty, if he wants a twilight season or two up the Gold Coast then good luck to him.

Reactions: 6 users
The longer this goes on, the bigger the circus. If I was the club I'd be wanting an answer pretty soon as to what Dusty is doing. The club deserves that much. Maybe they already know..
The club deserves some respect in all these rumours that are swirling around.
Granted he’s a champion, that can’t be denied…he’s served us well.
But what’s forgotten it seems is the RFC has served him and nurtured him just as much.
The lack of respect for our club in this moment is crap.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
The club deserves some respect in all these rumours that are swirling around.
Granted he’s a champion, that can’t be denied…he’s served us well.
But what’s forgotten it seems is the RFC has served him and nurtured him just as much.
The lack of respect for our club in this moment is crap.
Agree. I reckon the club and Dusty are all over it. The media just wants to shake it out into the open