Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Between Scott Gullan's comments last night and then Chimpa and Richo softening everyone up for a move, seems like the Dusty Dog might be on his way to GC next year.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Exactly. The lovely rumour now says offer is a 2-year deal and he won't have to travel. That doesn't sound like a high money offer deal that will give Tigers a draft pick. AFL, who basically funds the plastic club's whole operation, probably thought of the idea, they're so desperate to make the dead QLD expansion plan work.

Yep. Bet there's also ambassadorial payments and marketing payments not part of his playing salary paid by the AFL which won't be considered as part of compensation.

Yep. Bet there's also ambassadorial payments and marketing payments not part of his playing salary paid by the AFL which won't be considered as part of compensation.
Right, so not included in judgement of compensatory draft pick? So even less chance. Will he be getting ambassadorial payments? I'm not sure Dusty would want work that requires public speaking.

Between Scott Gullan's comments last night and then Chimpa and Richo softening everyone up for a move, seems like the Dusty Dog might be on his way to GC next year.
Yep I think he is gone. The 300th game was his farewell to us. To avoid the media fanfare the move will kept tight lipped until after the season.

One of these days, one of these d1ckhole AFL journos is going to get Martin's next move correct on their millionth try, and they'll be creaming themselves silly and backslapping whichever scribe happened to break the 'exclusive' - or more to the truth, it'll be whichever journo wins this tedious and years-long game of pass-the-parcel. That's how the AFL media circle-jerk runs, doesn't it?

Reactions: 10 users
Has nothing to do with Hardwick anyway. He doesn't decide what compo AFL's secret herbs and spices calculations comes up with.
Dogwick bit hard on Dimma our three time hero coach. Do not think Dimma was flavour of the month after split from his missus so was time to move on a bring some stability back to the family environment in the club. Besides that Dimma was orrible until Balme & Caracella stood behind him.

One of these days, one of these d1ckhole AFL journos is going to get Martin's next move correct on their millionth try, and they'll be creaming themselves silly and backslapping whichever scribe happened to break the 'exclusive' - or more to the truth, it'll be whichever journo wins this tedious and years-long game of pass-the-parcel. That's how the AFL media circle-jerk runs, doesn't it?
What irks me is the media spent the best part of a decade trying to move one of our greatest players somewhere. I don’t get the fascination in wanting to see a champion change clubs. Ask yourself this, why did Hutchy and Eddie and the media stooges never speculate on their beloved Selwood, Pendles et al

Reactions: 4 users

How *smile* must Sam NoClue be now. Been spruiking to the Suns for years, the year that it might actually happen and someone else breaks the story hahahahahahahahaha

Whilst it pains me to say it, I think the journos are probably right on this one, Dusty will either retire, or move to the GC, staying with us is probably the 3rd option as it doesn't really benefit either Dusty or the club.

Right, so not included in judgement of compensatory draft pick? So even less chance. Will he be getting ambassadorial payments? I'm not sure Dusty would want work that requires public speaking.

Pretty sure the free agency compensation is based on the total contract as a whole. Would expect any ambassador payments would be a related 3rd party payment and form part of the contract and therefore included in any calculation for compensation. Contract needs to be 2 years min. for compensation pick.

Any ambassador payment would just be outside the salary cap.

Ambassador role for Dustin Martin would probably be in name only - the likes of a few kids training clinics etc.

Reactions: 1 user
If Duz goes there, then how about fair trade? Dimma the Divorcer can give us some good players. Why the hell are we all of a sudden their carers????

Reactions: 1 user
If GC thing is a done deal then I'd be OK for it to be announced to the fans before season's end. Dusty's final game might also be v Hawks. Not sure I'd wanna see him play GC in final game but on the flip side would be awesome if he played and we knocked em outta finals.

Putting his picture on membership cards.

No doubt.

The other thing is also any ASA (Additional Service Agreements) payments should be included in any compensation pick calculation along with salary and ambassador payments.

Would expect quite a few of the GC sponsors would be keen to use the Dustin Martin brand. Pretty sure his manager would find it pretty easy to negotiate some juicy deals with them.

Pretty sure the free agency compensation is based on the total contract as a whole. Would expect any ambassador payments would be a related 3rd party payment and form part of the contract and therefore included in any calculation for compensation. Contract needs to be 2 years min. for compensation pick.

Any ambassador payment would just be outside the salary cap.

Ambassador role for Dustin Martin would probably be in name only - the likes of a few kids training clinics etc.
Yes 'pretty sure' is one of the secret herbs and spices.