Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Feels like he is done, we e got him to 300 with all the respect in the world.

Time to ask him what’s next, we need answers. Maybe that’s already happened.

Feels like we may have seen him in a Tiger jumper for the last time. It’s all being managed.

Reactions: 2 users
Feels like he is done, we e got him to 300 with all the respect in the world.

Time to ask him what’s next, we need answers. Maybe that’s already happened.

Feels like we may have seen him in a Tiger jumper for the last time. It’s all being managed.

the 300th celebrations sure made it feel like a farewell

Reactions: 4 users
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ll be glad when the circus is over to be honest. Dusty this and Dusty that. Is he playing this week? Is he playing the rest of the year? Where’s he playing next year?

He’s the goat and I love him, but ffs, just over hearing about this crap, and he's playing like crap as well. just be done with it

Reactions: 8 users
Yes. A few PREnders reckon he's not worth a cold pie. Dimma seems to disagree.
What likelihood Dusty has a "back ailment" that will rule him out for the rest of the season ? Put him in cotton wool for GC who will then sign him up for 2 years. Here you go Richmond....here's some FA compo for you.

Not gonna be hard to believe given most of our list has been on the long term injury list this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t want him to go but if he does then so be it.

Let’s not get our hopes up on a pick. He will be paid reasonable salary only, 2 year deal and age 33. ( I assume he will be a free agent?)

I reckon if we get a 2nd rounder we will be lucky.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t want him to go but if he does then so be it.

Let’s not get our hopes up on a pick. He will be paid reasonable salary only, 2 year deal and age 33. ( I assume he will be a free agent?)

I reckon if we get a 2nd rounder we will be lucky.
I think it will be a nice fat juicy contract. Length of time short but the dollars per year will be above the expected value of a 33 year old.
I am thinking at least $800k.

Agree. Let him go and let's go on with it. A second rounder would be a good result. Who really cares if he has a couple of pension years at the GC? It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Reactions: 4 users
I think it will be a nice fat juicy contract. Length of time short but the dollars per year will be above the expected value of a 33 year old.
I am thinking at least $800k.
If it is, surely someone has to be squeezed out of the GC with their salary cap which must be close to capacity.

If it is, surely someone has to be squeezed out of the GC with their salary cap which must be close to capacity.

Min. $600+k + another $200k Ambassador payment outside salary cap. x 2 years would be around the mark for GC.

With the expected FA compensation changes coming in which will include contract length and there is probably some tweaks to age too in the formula.

Could still sit in Band 3 compensation for Martin = 2nd round pick.

The other thing is with GC and a tight salary cap. and their likely interest in Daniel Rioli, and if he asks for a trade. Richmond can pay % of his wage going forward which is similar to salary dump for GC high picks . Richmond also has the later picks that have points value if required by GC.

Last edited:
  • Haha