Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

It proves Dusty made contact with GC as confirmed by their CEO’s quote. Did you notice Evan’s was directly quoted.
It's too generalised and could mean anything. Looks like the Hun called the Huns to make that small quote....if it's true. Evans hasn't spoken publicly about it. Wouldn't Carr be the contact if it was a formal enquiry?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I suspect this has been the plan for a while and they're just managing perception to cause the least uproar possible. Health permitting, Dusty will aim for Ablett-esque longevity.

I'm all for Dusty playing on with a club in finals contention. I hope he plays well.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
It's too generalised and could mean anything. Looks like the Hun called the Huns to make that small quote....if it's true. Evans hasn't spoken publicly about it. Wouldn't Carr be the contact if it was a formal enquiry?
Evan’s was quoted directly.
No doubt they called for confirmation of the story. Evan’s confirmed it.
Who’s to say Carr hasn’t been in contact? If there were years and dollars mentioned, you’d expect he was there amongst it.
It’s all early days yet. Has Dusty actually signed “retirement” papers? If so they can’t announce anything.
If he hasn’t signed any paperwork there is still a way to go before anything specific can be announced.

Reactions: 2 users
You're focussing on the wrong thing. He nor his manager ever said he was retiring. And have you ever seen any memorabilia that uses the word "retired" in it ? Never. That's not an issue either. Maybe Richmond got way ahead of itself.

With that, it's not about how he might depart to play with another club, it's WHY he's departing.

Right now we've got players going to other clubs right left and centre. And in the case of Baker, Graham, D Rioli and now maybe Martin, they're looking to go to clubs that are second rate performers that don't project strongly that they'll be premiership contenders over the remaining lifespan of their playing careers.

So why are they all leaving ? To play at second rate performers to boot. That's the real issue.

We've got a lot going on at this club that raises a lot of questions right now.
We never seen that speech either. Thinking this was all pre planned.

Gloss it how you like if this eventually goes through says alot about his conduct because this season I wasn't impressed.

"No, Dustin's retired from AFL football, and that's our understanding, and we'll just leave it at that, at this stage."

Benny also began by saying Dusty was retiring "from the Richmond Football Club".

Hooch Hardwick started the rot in 2020.
He was nearly punted in the off season
Legal eagles were all over it.
Interesting. There was certainly a lot going on in the hub. Reality is it was never gonna happen though. He’d just coached us to 3 flags in 4 years and a very improbable flag in the covid season.

That said he should’ve gone after 2022. He *smile* that season up deluxe. We should’ve gone real close to winning the flag but we were done in the EF.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree 100% he has lost my respect IF he plays fir Moukd Coast .
Says he is done then ( if true ) tee's it up for GC .
He will tarnish his his legacy if this happens .
Imagine Jack Dyer play for Fxxxxg Collingwood in his last year ???
Any by the way *smile* YOU Dimma.