Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

This isnt true, but it doesnt need to be now.

Wayne Campbell waits down OUR race in his filthy red and yellow and embraces OUR teary dusty after he RETIRED

And hes on record now, saying theyre talking to dusty about playing.

I dont think this is about Dusty

This is about wayne campbell and what complete *smile* GCS are

i honestly think theyve crossed a line in a big way

That seems factual.
Why Cambo? There’s Grigga, very close to Dusty. Of course Dimma.
And a few others.

Dusty gave us everything. Mitch Robinson ruined his body for a couple of years and left him with life changing injuries.
He dealt with his father's deportation and death.
He can do what he wants.
Hardwick shoiuld have been sacked after 2020 because his actions showed him not to be a Richmond man. I'm sure the players weren't happy, and I'm sure that it contributed to the loss of player morale.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I don't GAF that he goes to the Suns. His playing days at Richmond are done. So be it. I just don't like the whole "I'm retiring" *smile* knowing full well he was going to the Suns. It's the Hardwick departure playbook. Try and leave on best terms and then all of a sudden an about face. Disingenuois and poor taste.

Just be honest and leave the club saying you've still got something left in the tank, but it will be elsewhere.
Well he couldn’t use the sausage cooking or needing a break excuse, some other prick already used them

Absolutely cannot possibly be true.

Shirley.

If it is, I cannot wait to read Dusty's new colouring book "how to ruin a legacy in 5 minutes"

But I'll be borrowing it from the library, cos he won't be getting a cent from me.

I'll need every cent to buy enough petrol ro burn all the number 4 gear I've accumulated. Gonna go off like the 5th of July! (I'll never celebrate the number 4 ever again)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
This isnt true, but it doesnt need to be now.

Wayne Campbell waits down OUR race in his filthy red and yellow and embraces OUR teary dusty after he RETIRED

And hes on record now, saying theyre talking to dusty about playing.

I dont think this is about Dusty

This is about wayne campbell and what complete *smile* GCS are

i honestly think theyve crossed a line in a big way

That seems factual.
don't discount their CEO Mark Evans and Chairman Bob East ... we talk about Carltons brown paper bags ...

Reactions: 1 users
Why Cambo? There’s Grigga, very close to Dusty. Of course Dimma.
And a few others.

Campbell was down our race after dustys retirement, hugging our crying champ (and whispering sweet nothings in his ear?)

Thats a fact.

He confirmed today 'theyre in talks with Dusty'

Thats a fact.

And so, irrespective of any truth or untruth or outcome,

Irrespective of dustys desires and plans for the future,

campbells a cynical *smile*

GCS were courting him seems factual right?

So have some decorum and respect and stay the *smile* away from our race and rooms, in your poxy ronald mcdonald shirt, at one of the most significant moments in RFC history,

At least with a two blokes in chanel 7 shirts holding a big *smile* camera in your embrace.

*smile* me

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
don't discount their CEO Mark Evans and Chairman Bob East ... we talk about Carltons brown paper bags ...

Indeed but see above, they wernt waiting with open arms, on camera, down our race

At dustys retirement farewell.

Its actually like *smile* your best mates bride on the wedding cake, with the groom watching

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely cannot possibly be true.

Shirley.

If it is, I cannot wait to read Dusty's new colouring book "how to ruin a legacy in 5 minutes"

But I'll be borrowing it from the library, cos he won't be getting a cent from me.

I'll need every cent to buy enough petrol ro burn all the number 4 gear I've accumulated. Gonna go off like the 5th of July! (I'll never celebrate the number 4 ever again)
If true, I say return all the retirement merch to the club for a refund, theyre in on it as well

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Dusty gave us everything. Mitch Robinson ruined his body for a couple of years and left him with life changing injuries.
He dealt with his father's deportation and death.
He can do what he wants.
Hardwick shoiuld have been sacked after 2020 because his actions showed him not to be a Richmond man. I'm sure the players weren't happy, and I'm sure that it contributed to the loss of player morale.

I dont think this is about dusty

Ok. Time for our great club to harden the *smile* up. We’ve been pussy whipped of late and this is a watershed test for Shane Dunne and crew. It’s Gold Coast’s first 2 picks for Rioli or they can *smile* off

Reactions: 5 users
Tell me this (@Leysy Days?) .....

IF the journos think this is within the rules;

How would it be different from us drafting levi ascroft at pick 1 (brisbane dont match)

He does his 3 year contract and retires.

And signs with brisbane for the following season?

The AFLhas retirement rules (sit out for a year) for that reason.

What am i missing?
The thing is Dusty is uncontracted so they can do it. In the Ascroft scenario he would be a contracted player

Campbell was down our race after dustys retirement, hugging our crying champ (and whispering sweet nothings in his ear?)

Thats a fact.

He confirmed today 'theyre in talks with Dusty'

Thats a fact.

And so, irrespective of any truth or untruth or outcome,

Irrespective of dustys desires and plans for the future,

campbells a cynical *smile*

GCS were courting him seems factual right?

So have some decorum and respect and stay the *smile* away from our race and rooms, in your poxy ronald mcdonald shirt, at one of the most significant moments in RFC history,

At least with a two blokes in chanel 7 shirts holding a big *smile* camera in your embrace.

*smile* me
Sure but there are plenty of others involved apart from Cambo

Tell me this (@Leysy Days?) .....

IF the journos think this is within the rules;

How would it be different from us drafting levi ascroft at pick 1 (brisbane dont match)

He does his 3 year contract and retires.

And signs with brisbane for the following season?

The AFLhas retirement rules (sit out for a year) for that reason.

What am i missing?
I assume it is that Dusty qualifies as an unrestricted free agent, Ashcroft wouldn’t in your scenario .
As an unrestricted free agent we will get compensation but that compensation will be zero, or pick 126 …
Brisbane would have to trade for Ashcroft because he wouldn’t qualify as a free agent.

Reactions: 1 user
If this does not matter what does?

He was our talisman, we had his back.

He was ours and we were his. We trusted him.

It does not change what he did, but it would definitely place a substantial asterisk next to
his name IMO.
WTF?

He played for us

Had cold shark eyes

Was brilliant, an all-timer

Ram his course with Richmond after over a decade and all his best years

End of story

Reactions: 1 user