Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Was Dusty ever going to play for us next year? No. No loss.
If Dusty plays for the GC is he going to turn them into contenders? No. No loss.
Is Dimma doing everything he can to make his new club successful? Yes. You could not expect anything less.
Has Dimma pinched a few players and staff to set up his new gig? Yep - just like everyone else does or tries to do in any other sport or business.
I get it will be real weird seeing Dusty of all people in a GC jumper - but I can’t bring myself to hate him for it.

Reactions: 12 users
Hardwick might need to get some new tongs if he is taking back some of the sausages he couldn’t turn anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If this is click bait.

It is very good.

I’d bet more on a coaching role but still let’s media whip us into a frenzy.

Dusty looked restricted early in the season.

Reactions: 1 user
Only us.
Win 3 flags in 4 years and then fall apart like 1985 VK Commodore.
The joint just loves been crap.
Blokes walking out a qtr way through there contact and the club happy to accommodate them out the door.
The best CEO in the last 25 yrs walks out not to retire but to go to another club.
The head coach gives up midseason, unheard of in professional sport.
And then the cherry on the cake.
Our best player since KB retires and then a month later decides to go to another club.
The club needs the pope to bless the place.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Exorcism to clean out all the ghosts.
The club loves been a laughing stock.
Name another club that has lost its coach midseason on his terms, the ceo goes out the back door and there best player jumps ship?
That's a 1000-1 trifecta
Or throw in the 2 other players bolting to the door half way through there contracts, and turn it into 10000-1

Tell me this (@Leysy Days?) .....

IF the journos think this is within the rules;

How would it be different from us drafting levi ascroft at pick 1 (brisbane dont match)

He does his 3 year contract and retires.

And signs with brisbane for the following season?

The AFLhas retirement rules (sit out for a year) for that reason.

What am i missing?

Reactions: 1 users
Isn't there the 'Mal Michael' rule,?
202.5 No player can sign up for another club after he or she retires, for a span of 12 months from the announcement.

So what's this shitt he is a free agent crap.
He retired. He cannot sign for another club till 2026.
Or is this the AFL pushing this.
Carmichael Hunt part 2.

Richo Cotch Jack are our legends retired as they said they would and will be forever remembered as loyal Richmond men
If Dusty the GOAT tells us hes retired and then goes onto play for GC
Hes no longer deserving of respect due to the blatant lie and will not be in the same league as those above
Agree 100% he has lost my respect IF he plays fir Moukd Coast .
Says he is done then ( if true ) tee's it up for GC .
He will tarnish his his legacy if this happens .
Imagine Jack Dyer play for Fxxxxg Collingwood in his last year ???
Any by the way *smile* YOU HARDWICK ..

Technically Martin must not have retired because if he had signed the proper paperwork he would not be allowed to play for another AFL team in 2025.

Instead he is effectively an out-of-contract free agent, and given his age and the likelihood of a two-year deal according to reports, he would very likely not earn Richmond any free agency compensation.
Ahhhh finally some fact.

On the 1/1000th of miniscule chance he plays next year,

He should at least come back and do a retrospective out of contract free agency lap of honour

• Haha