Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

WTF?

He played for us

Had cold shark eyes

Was brilliant, an all-timer

Ram his course with Richmond after over a decade and all his best years

End of story
You are missing the point Carter.

It’s not that he is going elsewhere but the way it’s been done.

I wonder how much he pocketed from his retirement merch?

Reactions: 10 users
Indeed but see above, they wernt waiting with open arms, on camera, down our race

At dustys retirement farewell.

Its actually like *smile* your best mates bride on the wedding cake, with the groom watching
sure..

but you don't reckon they've said, 'go on Wayne, and Dimma, get in there...' ?

both of them are white collar crims

Reactions: 1 users
You are missing the point Carter.

It’s not that he is going elsewhere but the way it’s been done.

I wonder how much he pocketed from his retirement merch?

He seems like the type who might struggle out of footy? Maybe he’s freaking out, who knows

He said goodbye to us, as good as a retirement. I just don’t understand the emotion

I just don’t understand the emotion
i've been thinking the same Carts.
And i thought, 'maybe it's because it's the Suns, and DH is the coach?
then i thought, imagine if it was the Cats, the Pies, Bombers, or anyone?
there would be riots...

He seems like the type who might struggle out of footy? Maybe he’s freaking out, who knows

He said goodbye to us, as good as a retirement. I just don’t understand the emotion
It’s well known and talked about how he would cope without footy. He gets bored easily.

No problem. But knowing this don’t play us as the fool.

The thing is Dusty is uncontracted so they can do it. In the Ascroft scenario he would be a contracted player

Not if he didnt re-sign?

Just run down your contract, retire, get chaired off, sell a heap of merch, dont lodge the paperwork, and go where you want?

No way can this happen.

No way.

But that doesnt let GCS off the hook.

Reactions: 1 user
WTF?

He played for us

Had cold shark eyes

Was brilliant, an all-timer

Ram his course with Richmond after over a decade and all his best years

End of story

I could get that POV if everything as reported was above board

If your best man did root your bride,

Do you just go, 'we'll i rooted her heaps of times'

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not if he didnt re-sign?

Just run down your contract, retire, get chaired off, sell a heap of merch, dont lodge the paperwork, and go where you want?

No way can this happen.

No way.

But that doesnt let GCS off the hook.
I’d like to know who’s responsibility it is to lodge the retirement paperwork.
If it’s the clubs then someone has been negligent in their duties if it’s the player or their management then the RFC has been played for fools

Regardless of what he has done at the RFC this is an absolute dog act!! What would make it worse is if he signed up and actually played some decent footy again. People saying what's the big deal. His 300th was a massive celebration and all the supporters did their part and rocked up. Then his retirement game was another emotional moment. To then come out and say oh, I've decided I actually can play on but with another club is just a very low act. We are talking about a club legend of the Hart, Bourke variety. This isn't some 100 gamer.
Also Dimma starting to show his true colours with all these dirty behind closed doors deals.
Hope the new CEO and board start becoming ruthless. This nice nice Richmond is starting to *smile* me!

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
I could get that POV if everything as reported was above board

If your best man did root your bride,

Do you just go, 'we'll i rooted her heaps of times'
But the bride left Ezy ha ha

And she was the ultimate root

You take it and move on I reckon

Regardless of what he has done at the RFC this is an absolute dog act!! What would make it worse is if he signed up and actually played some decent footy again. People saying what's the big deal. His 300th was a massive celebration and all the supporters did their part and rocked up. Then his retirement game was another emotional moment. To then come out and say oh, I've decided I actually can play on but with another club is just a very low act. We are talking about a club legend of the Hart, Bourke variety. This isn't some 100 gamer.
Also Dimma starting to show his true colours with all these dirty behind closed doors deals.
Hope the new CEO and board start becoming ruthless. This nice nice Richmond is starting to *smile* me!
Time to change the 2nd 'a' in your name to a 'u'.

Reactions: 1 user
How is this the clubs fault?
The club organised farewell functions, merch and a send off for retirement, without ensuring the correct paperwork was lodged?

I don’t for a second believe that is an administrative oversight for your highest paid player.

If they knew, and cashed in on the retirement, which turns out to be false, they are complicit.

Reactions: 2 users
Campbell was down our race after dustys retirement, hugging our crying champ (and whispering sweet nothings in his ear?)

Thats a fact.

He confirmed today 'theyre in talks with Dusty'

Thats a fact.

And so, irrespective of any truth or untruth or outcome,

Irrespective of dustys desires and plans for the future,

campbells a cynical *smile*

GCS were courting him seems factual right?

So have some decorum and respect and stay the *smile* away from our race and rooms, in your poxy ronald mcdonald shirt, at one of the most significant moments in RFC history,

At least with a two blokes in chanel 7 shirts holding a big *smile* camera in your embrace.

*smile* me

Yep.

While Dusty was shedding crocodile tears Campbell was telling him no matter what, don’t sign those retirement papers.

All whilst being filmed.

Bitterly disappointing.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The club organised farewell functions, merch and a send off for retirement, without ensuring the correct paperwork was lodged?

I don’t for a second believe that is an administrative oversight for your highest paid player.

If they knew, and cashed in on the retirement, which turns out to be false, they are complicit.
Zero chance this has played out that way.

Only us.
Win 3 flags in 4 years and then fall apart like 1985 VK Commodore.
The joint just loves been crap.
Blokes walking out a qtr way through there contact and the club happy to accommodate them out the door.
The best CEO in the last 25 yrs walks out not to retire but to go to another club.
The head coach gives up midseason, unheard of in professional sport.
And then the cherry on the cake.
Our best player since KB retires and then a month later decides to go to another club.
The club needs the pope to bless the place.
Nah, forget the pope, zipps
The Yellow and Black spirit will revive the joint.
I'm only interested in players who are invested in wearing the Yellow sash.
The rest, well, thanks for the memories.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm actually getting more annoyed the more I think about it. Imagine ruining your legacy of being an immortal to go play with the Gold Coast *smile* Suns!!!

Reactions: 3 users
What this is doing after such a long bad season is galvanising us fans , going to be some tough times ahead but we are going to get behind the new crop of kids & go for the ride.

Maybe this was planned all along , 2 first for Rioli & Martin walks for nothing 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users