Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

If this happens, then there's not a lot we can do, but as others have said it forever tarnishes Dustin's legacy at Richmond and will hurt him financially when he does eventually retire for good. There's been talk of retiring 4 for a period, if this happens, stuff it. Give the number to whoever we draft with the no 1 pick. Cut all ties with Dogwick now. Tell him that he is not welcome anywhere near the club, the same can go for Dusty if he does this to us. I thought Dustin was sincere when he made his little speech at his retirement party, more fool me. Someone said we can leverage this to help them get Rioli. Stuff that, too. The deal is pick 6 and 12 (or whatever they actually become), you pay all of his salary, including the extra you were offering him, or the deal doesn't happen. He's contracted you bunch of parasites. I'm still not sure how GC are getting all these deals under their salary cap. All of this news, though, it does make me think there's something gone wrong at the club.

Reactions: 6 users
Richmond are pretty enthusiastic about Rioli, Bolton, Baker leaving as it's a 1 off opportunity to acquire guns in the right age bracket so we peak again in 3-5 years,we almost encouraged them .
Dusty is currently a cream player whom isn't going to be very effective unless he's in a good side,he's done us a favour by not staying and taking 600,000 of our cap,we will bank cap for the future years coming and are in a enviable position.
Dusty owes us nothing ,we owe him .
He doesn't need to drop a *smile* on the locker room floor on the way out. What's wrong with being honest with the club that has nurtured your career and given you the stage on which to shine?? It's not a one way street.

Reactions: 9 users
If this happens, then there's not a lot we can do, but as others have said it forever tarnishes Dustin's legacy at Richmond and will hurt him financially when he does eventually retire for good. There's been talk of retiring 4 for a period, if this happens, stuff it. Give the number to whoever we draft with the no 1 pick. Cut all ties with Dogwick now. Tell him that he is not welcome anywhere near the club, the same can go for Dusty if he does this to us. I thought Dustin was sincere when he made his little speech at his retirement party, more fool me. Someone said we can leverage this to help them get Rioli. Stuff that, too. The deal is pick 6 and 12 (or whatever they actually become), you pay all of his salary, including the extra you were offering him, or the deal doesn't happen. He's contracted you bunch of parasites. I'm still not sure how GC are getting all these deals under their salary cap. All of this news, though, it does make me think there's something gone wrong at the club.
AholeFL in desperado mode with this sh!t club.

Reactions: 1 user
Who cares, he can’t get across the park

Finished with us

Don’t get the angst, it’s a massive waste of emotion
As long as he wasn’t playing dead and then comes out suddenly like the old dusty next year by some miracle cure
Surely not, he has always seemed so genuine , would be a terrible thing to have done

It's a Friday the 13th n the *smile* is flowing Richmond's way.

As of right now, I'm totally over the walk away's. Thanks for the memories but they're pulling on enemy jumpers next year so they can now GAGF. Next year starts with trade n draft days n the only players worthy of my attention will be the ones wearing Tigers jumpers.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Finished with us

Don’t know about that Carter. From a playing perspective I agree, he’s gone imo. No power in the legs, cameos at best.

But in the end players are nothing except people who can kick a piece of cow hide around if it wasn’t for the fans. Dusty gave us more than we could reasonably expect as a player and if he had said that he wanted to play elsewhere in 2025 I would have said fair enough.

But if this is true he has not held up his part of the unwritten bargain which is to respect the fans. He hasn’t been honest.

Reactions: 9 users
fox sports reporting
Dusty mustnt have signed retirement papers and therefore once his contract ends
He will be an uncontracted free agent able to go to the team of his choice an we get No compo

If thats what Dusty has done We have been played I have lost respect for him and he can FOff

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Dusty is old news. Dimma you are welcome to him.
Rioli can join you as well old mate. Pick 6 and pick 13 or equivalent.
We wish you all the best for the future.

Reactions: 2 users
What’s is say about Yze then?
What's it say about the blokes who refuse to accept that things have changed, or that the footy mountain needs as always to be climbed again?

Big dunny brush n squirt of draino so Ouzo gets to start afresh with a shiny clean bowl and no leftover dags or skid marks next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
What's it say about the blokes who refuse to accept that things have changed, or that the footy mountain needs as always to be climbed again?

Big dunny brush n squirt of draino so Ouzo gets to start afresh with a shiny clean bowl and no leftover dags or skid marks next year.
I still don't get why some are writing Ooze off as if he's the next Neeld or something. Does he come across like a dud coach (ala Neeld, Noble, Shaw, Bolton etc..)

• Love

Finished with us

If he can't get across the park anymore why are the Suns so interested? How is he going to help a team to its first ever finals series in its short but pathetic history?

It did look like he was done this year but with all this potential subterfuge who knows if that was really the case.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not getting emotional about this. All it does is bolster the price of getting Daniel. With some not so subtle messaging to Hardiwck and Wokka ' "unless you want to totally tarnish your respective legacies at RFC (and avoid being personas non grata) you'll do the right thing here".