Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Not a real shock, wanted to get his 300 games with us. Didn’t seem to warm to Yze. Good luck to him at the Suns, may have an impact but not a massive one.

Smells rotten, feels off and we have everyone who can leave choosing to go. Bad karma.

And Dusty, this would be horrible, the club couldn't have respected you more and you choose to do this.
2 or 3 flags were enough achievement for the relevant players. Nothing more to gain. Look elsewhere. Only the kids will build with a new coach now. Loyalty doesn't exist anymore except for a very few like Broad and Dion.

Reactions: 4 users
I think this is for a coaching role. Surely can't play again if he's cooked.

of course he can coach, but *smile* Robinson implies its a playing gig and he knows the *smile* rules.

bottom feeding *smile* trying to razz tiger fans.

its *smile* blasphemous.

hes a complete pisshead *smile*

That now remains to be seen.

of course the AFL could change the rules,

but that would be a bridge too far, even for them.

RIP Dusty

get *smile* Hardwick

This is some of the most cynical *smile* bullshoit ive ever read.

im about done with these *smile*

Reactions: 5 users
AFL Rules designed to stop just this, or it would make contracts and free agency and the draft utterly undermined.

players would just retire and go where they want whenever.

Daniel Lloyd retired 2023 and took a coaching job at Brisbane.

Brisbane applied to take him MSD, but knocked back.

he played the year in their VFL, which dusty could do, but as if?

Mark Robinson should have his press card burnt and the ashes shoved up his arse for writing this rubbish

without at least referring to the rules and regs of the *smile* game

*smile*
That's interesting. Still wonder if the AFL and GC will somehow manipulate the rules to allow it if Martin and Hardwick want it to happen.

We all know they are not immune to rule changes designed to *smile* Richmond over.

Reactions: 1 user
I think they just have to wait til November 1 and get him as a DFA.

They could pick him up as soon as the Free Agency window opens.

1 year contract and Richmond get nothing.

If it was a 2 year contract Richmond could receive Band 4 or 5 = around pick 40. $700k x 2 years and probably hit Band 3 = pick 21.

If he does end up playing, we would expect Ooze, Dunny and O'Rourke to speak like bastards against Dimma in the media. This is pathetic.

Reactions: 1 users

this is extraordinary, cynical at best, bullcrap.

read Daniel Lloyd Brisbane MSD. you can't retire and play the following year. the year after yes.

if you could retire and walk and play for whoever you wanted, the whole system falls apart.

you have to sit out a full year

every journo who propagates this story in any form, without referring to it being against AFL rules,

is a useless, cynical, incompetent *smile*

and its dusty reputation.

*smile* them

Reactions: 4 users
That's interesting. Still wonder if the AFL and GC will somehow manipulate the rules to allow it if Martin and Hardwick want it to happen.

We all know they are not immune to rule changes designed to *smile* Richmond over.
Yep I smell a loophole.

This just doesnt happen unless its been ticked off by the AFL.

Reactions: 1 users
this is extraordinary, cynical at best, bullcrap.

read Daniel Lloyd Brisbane MSD. you can't retire and play the following year. the year after yes.

if you could retire and walk and play for whoever you wanted, the whole system falls apart.

you have to sit out a full year

every journo who propagates this story in any form, without referring to it being against AFL rules,

is a useless, cynical, incompetent *smile*

and its dusty reputation.

*smile* them

Depends if the paperwork for retirement has been submitted to the AFL.

Expect he is still on Richmond's books and Richmond possibly may still have final payments to be paid Martin.

Depends if the paperwork for retirement has been submitted to the AFL.

Would expect he is still on Richmond's books.

im giving up footy if this comes to fruition,

which I can't see how it possibly can