Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I was sad to see Edwards and Houli leave, struggled but understood that Reilwoldt and Cotch time was up.

Then Bolton, Baker and Graham put their hand up to leave - that hurt but again understood the reality.

Then Rioli - well that really hurt and I think hurts the club most.

Now Dusty - really, I can’t handle the exodus anymore. By far this I don’t understand.
If it happens it is on Martin, not the club. He told us he was done and he retired. Didn't even finish the season.

At least the others have told us the truth and are allowing us the chance to get good compensation. If Dusty plays with them we get *smile* all. How is that fair that GC get one of the greatest players in the history of the game for nothing.

Reactions: 5 users
I would stop worrying about Dimma so much, and worry about wtf is going on with our players. And why....
Were rebuilding they dont want any part of it so they leave for more money or an easy ride Theyre not prepared to do the hard yards
As for Dusty after what he has said and done if he plays for GC
There should be no statue for him

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Compo pick please

He would probably be still on Richmond's books until the end of October but would need a 2 year deal for free agent compensation.

Possibly Martin could asked to be traded which would look much better for his Richmond legacy - sweetener in a Rioli trade?

He would probably be still on Richmond's books until the end of October but would need a 2 year deal for free agent compensation.

Possibly Martin could asked to be traded which would look much better for his Richmond legacy - sweetener in a Rioli trade?
I think they just have to wait til November 1 and get him as a DFA.

I’d agree it’d be extremely poor if he finished playing up there on this basis. If that’s what he wanted to do all along, be honest about it & allow the club to both facilitate it and be compensated for it (as little as that would be).

However I’d be amazed if he could re-produce anything like his previous form. His body looked shot to me, particularly his ability to two way run.

As an aside, Hardwick has forever destroyed his Richmond legacy as far as I’m concerned. Walked out on us after a handful of rounds in 2023 after engineering recruiting decisions that have impacted the list development. Now poaching former players and staff. Pathetic. Hope he enjoys many years of non-success.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I would stop worrying about Dimma so much, and worry about wtf is going on with our players. And why....
Smells rotten, feels off and we have everyone who can leave choosing to go. Bad karma.

And Dusty, this would be horrible, the club couldn't have respected you more and you choose to do this.

Reactions: 7 users
Whys that?

AFL Rules designed to stop just this, or it would make contracts and free agency and the draft utterly undermined.

players would just retire and go where they want whenever.

Daniel Lloyd retired 2023 and took a coaching job at Brisbane.

Brisbane applied to take him MSD, but knocked back.

he played the year in their VFL, which dusty could do, but as if?

Mark Robinson should have his press card burnt and the ashes shoved up his arse for writing this rubbish

without at least referring to the rules and regs of the *smile* game

*smile*

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users