Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

What a photo.

David King said it'll be 20 years before we have a player like Dusty at Richmond again. We'll be lucky if it's under 50.
Yep, whilst theres great players around , Cripps, Bont, Neale etc there’s then the next level up, Dusty. He’s bloody mythical!

Reactions: 2 users
Have we seen our last 300 game Tiger?

Todays Rioli news has me thinking the days of one club players is soon coming to an end.
Not necessarily TOO.

There will be others. I would like to think there are still people out there who value loyalty.

Reactions: 4 users
Not necessarily TOO.

There will be others. I would like to think there are still people out there who value loyalty.
Every chance now we're drafting kids who will likely walk straight into seniors. That always helps, they don't play 50 VFL games before their shot at AFL

Reactions: 1 users
Have we seen our last 300 game Tiger?

Todays Rioli news has me thinking the days of one club players is soon coming to an end.
I reckon Tigger can get there with some luck.
233 Games. 30 yrs old.

I agree with what you say though.
Loyalty is out the window.
Funny when the club instigates the trade the player generally gets bent out of shape and has an axe to grind going forward.
When the player wants out the club has to bend over and comply and not say anything.

You never thought Buddy, Gary Ablett Jr, Flounder Field or Lids would leave.

Now Dimma's Dan.
Refuse to call him by his nickname any more.

It still grates me today that in 2019 Tim Kelly got all Australian over dusty,
Dusty was punished for Been Dusty,the stats supports my argument.
Kelly 25 4 dis 24gls
Dusty 26.04 dis 32gls

Reactions: 14 users
Genuine.

I reckon that is the one word i would use to describe Dusty (from the stands.) As a kid he may have been a bit loose at times (or often), but he appears to have grown into a truly genuine man. He doesnt say much publicly, but that just means what he does say he means. All the talk of him retiring then going north was always nonsense.

A true Tiger legend.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
It still grates me today that in 2019 Tim Kelly got all Australian over dusty,
Dusty was punished for Been Dusty,the stats supports my argument.
Kelly 25 4 dis 24gls
Dusty 26.04 dis 32gls
Prestia was nominated AA that year and was also our b and f.

Just heard on the radio that the deportation process of Dusty’s uncle ,Dean, has been dropped after he provided evidence of his indigenous heritage. Does this now make Dusty the greatest Indigenous player ever?
I assume his dad and uncle were full brothers and not half brothers

Was Dusty one of those rare players that despite playing over 300 games during 13 or 14 seasons he never played a VFL game?

Just heard on the radio that the deportation process of Dusty’s uncle ,Dean, has been dropped after he provided evidence of his indigenous heritage. Does this now make Dusty the greatest Indigenous player ever?
I assume his dad and uncle were full brothers and not half brothers
My goodness the lies and complete basic bullshiting of I'm 5% indigenous is a disgrace.
Good luck to dustys uncle.

Reactions: 1 user
His old bikie moll Lydia Thorpe probably got a couple “aunties” in to vouch for him
So a relative did some family tree work, and found we've almost certainly got some indigenous heritage a couple of generations back when they migrated during the Gold rush.
People around me have said I should "go claim I'm indigenous to get all the benefits".
I've never identified as being indigenous before. I have no tangible link other than this supposed trace, and I'm not out to "milk benefits". I don't understand how you can flick a switch on your identity like that.
I see this stuff and it just makes me angry. Why all of a sudden is this done now, when he's possibly going to be deported? Very convenient and the optics is *smile* house. Benefits...

His old bikie moll Lydia Thorpe probably got a couple “aunties” in to vouch for him
Pretty much. He produced “proof” via documentation that he had been “accepted” by a Tasmanian tribe. And that is all it takes. If you are accepted you can claim you are indigenous. That little loophole has been around for decades. Not normally for this type of thing I wouldn’t have thought. Did see it in years gone by in my hometown for certain people to be able to claim benefits.

Reactions: 1 user
So a relative did some family tree work, and found we've almost certainly got some indigenous heritage a couple of generations back when they migrated during the Gold rush.
People around me have said I should "go claim I'm indigenous to get all the benefits".
I've never identified as being indigenous before. I have no tangible link other than this supposed trace, and I'm not out to "milk benefits". I don't understand how you can flick a switch on your identity like that.
I see this stuff and it just makes me angry. Why all of a sudden is this done now, when he's possibly going to be deported? Very convenient and the optics is *smile* house. Benefits...
Same here, Great Gran and Gran were, Uncles and Aunts identified but I am white a ghost and have involvement at all, never have unfortunately.. Family went as far as to make a clear distinction between us and them.

My goodness the lies and complete basic bullshiting of I'm 5% indigenous is a disgrace.
Good luck to dustys uncle.
Wait until clubs get a hold of this loophole for NGA players, or is this already happening ?

I hate that people exploit these things only when it suits them to benefit themselves.

How about we leave the comments on indigenous Australians for the politics/ social threads and not the footy thread

Reactions: 3 users