Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

This one?

View attachment 23745

I’ve said it before , I remember thinking at the time “5 against 1. Those poor Geelong bastards don’t realise how badly outnumbered they are. I almost feel sorry for them” :ROFLMAO:
Almost
Jaaack n the Lynchman already knew what was coming. Stood back watching n didn't even bother to get involved. This image should be on the wall of the Moggies player meeting room as a permanent reminder of how the Dusty one *smile* them over.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
This one?

View attachment 23745

I’ve said it before , I remember thinking at the time “5 against 1. Those poor Geelong bastards don’t realise how badly outnumbered they are. I almost feel sorry for them” :ROFLMAO:
Almost
It's a tragedy that McAvaney's call of Dusty's mastery didn't do it justice. The GOAT left the 5 Cats players spellbound, it was sublime.

McAvaney knows it too, he didn't call another AFL game.

Reactions: 3 users
It's a tragedy that McAvaney's call of Dusty's mastery didn't do it justice. The GOAT left the 5 Cats players spellbound, it was sublime.

McAvaney knows it too, he didn't call another AFL game.

yes, he will forever rue not using the

'Geelong players outnumbered' line.

Reactions: 1 user
Statue is great please place somewhere where all (including every new Richmond player) sees it every day. Would even suggest having it elevated enough somewhere where it can be seen inside or outside if Punt road oval.

I wouldn't mind naming a stand, the gym or something in the redevelopment too

Reactions: 1 users
After watching the Front Bar (a footy show I do enjoy) mocking Dusty I was angry.
This team better store away that loss to the Kangaroos and exact some revenge in future.

Reactions: 1 user
Statue is great please place somewhere where all (including every new Richmond player) sees it every day. Would even suggest having it elevated enough somewhere where it can be seen inside or outside if Punt road oval.

I wouldn't mind naming a stand, the gym or something in the redevelopment too
His statue belongs at the MCG. We can put the Cotchin one opposite Jack Dyer's.

I heard similar on the day.

In hindsight its a shame it wasn't announced as his last game. I am sure he has been going through a bit the last month or so. His body simply is not what it was.
Its a completely moot point, and mere speculation, but I reckon if he wasn't Dusty, with all the endless intense media obsession, and was just a normal star player, he could have recovered from the back injury and played another good year or two.