Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I'm gonna miss his sayonara too, ffs.
Of all the weeks the AFL doesn't shaft us with a Sunday game, it had to be that one.

My mum turns 80 and her birthday party is the same *smile* day. Sigh.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Cotch was seen at the game on the weekend so he knew Dusty was calling time.
He’s probably known for months Dusty was pulling up stumps seeing as he first floated it on Talking Footy some time ago. Reckon he’ll be right about Baker too.

He’s probably known for months Dusty was pulling up stumps seeing as he first floated it on Talking Footy some time ago. Reckon he’ll be right about Baker too.
I saw him at the game , he was just a few rows in front of me.. Didnt think anything of it at the time. Makes total sense now.

Adrian Barich said yesterday that Dusty's best mate Dane Swan (who does speaking gigs together in WA with Barich) told him that basically the 300 game send off was going to be his last game.

Said it had been known for a while he was retiring.

Maybe Dustin just wanted to help the club out and see if he could give a bit more hence played after.

Reactions: 3 users
Adrian Barich said yesterday that Dusty's best mate Dane Swan (who does speaking gigs together in WA with Barich) told him that basically the 300 game send off was going to be his last game.

Maybe Dustin just wanted to help the club out and see if he could give a bit more hence played after.
I think he just wanted to stick the middle figure at the AFL media one last time by calling it when he wanted rather than work to their predictions.

Reactions: 10 users
Played a game early in his career against North. Kicked 4, had 30+ disposals. Before that game I knew he would be good but after I realized we had something very special.
He brushed everyone aside including a brute in Firrito. That was the game that made me wonder if we have the next Lethal on our hands? As it turns out I was right. Thank. You. Dusty.

Reactions: 4 users
Considering our lack of father son prospects in recent times, it would be hilarious if Dusty went on to have six kids in seven years and they were all boys and all good.

And theyall played over 100 games & all had 3 boys etc etc etc.:))

Reactions: 1 user

I heard similar on the day.

In hindsight its a shame it wasn't announced as his last game. I am sure he has been going through a bit the last month or so. His body simply is not what it was.

Just remembering that goal where Dusty sharked the handball from the Geelong ruckman, shrugged off Dangerfield and snapped from the pocket.

How many of us reacted in the same way as the big tiger fan in the crowd.

Repeated screaming, uncontrolled slapping of furniture.......then tears of joy.

That right there is the legacy of Dustin Martin.
This one?

1723015197192.jpeg

I’ve said it before , I remember thinking at the time “5 against 1. Those poor Geelong bastards don’t realise how badly outnumbered they are. I almost feel sorry for them” :ROFLMAO:
Almost

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Makes me feel old this one, more than the rest of the retirements of the past few years. Dustin is a few months older than me. I have watched his career from the very start, to the very end.

Like Al Clarkson said last week. He’s been an ornament to the game. We will probably never see it again, 3 grand finals and 3 norm smiths.
Clarkp might be right Checkers