Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Brownlow speech

Bruce: I suppose you want me to keep this short.

Dusty: If you could.

Hilarious.
And one of the best Brownlow speeches ever. Humble and geniune.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I cry every time I think of the month of September 2017. I sometimes cry when I think of the day my kids were born too, I like those guys but they are not Dustin Martin. He has brought me unfathomable joy. I literally cannot find the words only tears. My son was born the year we drafted Dusty, now that kid stiff arms me in the house and nearly puts me on my arse every time. I've had to practise my 'wax off' karate block to keep that knucklehead off me so thanks a bunch Dusty.
I'm a fairly happy bloke these days and I owe most of that to the Tigers and the enigmatic, spiritual leader and deadset GOAT of that tribe, Dustin Martin.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
I havent seen it in any highlight clips but there was a game in his first year, ball kicked into forward line and spills from contest...he basketball dribbles it back into his control and snaps a goal. Knew then he was special.
Thank you

Reactions: 6 users
Was that the week after he rag dolled Lumumba?
I was referring to the game @TigerFurious was talking about where Dusty had a lazy day - kicked 4 & 33 possessions round 5 2011 (in his second year). I remember him brushing Fittiro aside like he was a skinny runt, I recall he weighed over 100kg at the time...

Brownlow speech

Bruce: I suppose you want me to keep this short.

Dusty: If you could.

Hilarious.
And one of the best Brownlow speeches ever. Humble and geniune.
My only complaint about his speech was his use of the word “surreal”. He said it a few times. I had rarely heard the word used before, but since his speech, it seems like every time a footballer or sportsperson is interviewed, they use it. It drives me bonkers for some reason but also it constantly reminds me of Dusty :ROFLMAO:
I guess it’s true, impersonation is the greatest form of flattery :))

I havent seen it in any highlight clips but there was a game in his first year, ball kicked into forward line and spills from contest...he basketball dribbles it back into his control and snaps a goal. Knew then he was special.
Thank you
Goto 1:14:50

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
It's been 36 hours since Dusty announced his retirement, and there hasn't been a single story about him playing for the Suns next year.
Well done Dusty, you've broken the journos, they're speechless, they've got nothing, they don't know what to do or say.

Reactions: 6 users
My only complaint about his speech was his use of the word “surreal”. He said it a few times. I had rarely heard the word used before, but since his speech, it seems like every time a footballer or sportsperson is interviewed, they use it. It drives me bonkers for some reason but also it constantly reminds me of Dusty :ROFLMAO:
I guess it’s true, impersonation is the greatest form of flattery :))
I remember Cotchin used it on the ground, probably after the GWS game in 2017.

Stop wasting time.
Get the statue up before round 1 next year.
Best player I've seen alongside Ablett senior in 40 yrs of football

Reactions: 3 users