Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

He is a contracted player until October 31
I believe to prevent another incident like that with Hodge, if a player retires then they can’t be picked up by another club until the following year. So, if Schwartz is right GCS can’t move on Dusty until 2026 when he’ll be 36 with a year out of the game.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe to prevent another incident like that with Hodge, if a player retires then they can’t be picked up by another club until the following year. So, if Schwartz is right GCS can’t move on Dusty until 2026 when he’ll be 36 with a year out of the game.
Hodge and pick 44 were traded for picks 43 and 75.

I thought it was the Mail Michael rule. When he retired from the Lions, then “reconsidered” and was picked up by Essendon in the PSD.
Quite a few people were pissed off.

Reactions: 3 users
This is from SEN in 2018.
“In layman’s terms, there’s two ways you can get off an AFL list. The club delists you or you’ve got a contract and you delist yourself – retire. If you do the second one, you have to fill out a form which is known at AFL House as Form 40.
Now if you sign that, what it essentially means is another club in the same year can’t pick you up.
It’s a safeguard against players walking out of their contract and walking into another club like what happened with Mal Michael and Brisbane and Essendon."

POX talking sh!t again. Now adjust his words saying wait until Oct 31 and see Duz move to GC. This moron's worse than Mark Noclure and Sam McNoclue.
Dustin will definateky move to the Gold Coast ...........................................to live away from the BS hes put up with for 15 years not play AFL footy.

Reactions: 1 users
Blokes like Schwartz and Cornes make a pile of money because people read these things and click, click click.

Don't let them spoil your weekend. Pies all but eliminated last night.

Reactions: 4 users
David Schwartz doubling down on his call Dusty will be playing at GC in 2025.
Now saying this.... bwahaha

“By no means am I backing down from what I said,” Schwarz told SEN radio. “I didn’t say that he wouldn’t retire. I said (he) would end up at the Gold Coast.
He’s not going there to be a star. He’s going there for marketing reasons, coaching purposes, and experience

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

“By no means am I backing down from what I said,” Schwarz told SEN radio. “I didn’t say that he wouldn’t retire. I said (he) would end up at the Gold Coast.
He’s not going there to be a star. He’s going there for marketing reasons, coaching purposes, and experience

It's funny that he says about Dusty coaching, I heard an interview with Broady (I think it was) the other day. He was asked what he thought Dusty would do now. One of the things suggested was coaching, Broady laughed & said no way that'd be one of the last things he'd do.

Schwartz is another of the brain-dead AFL media flunkys we unfortunately have to tolerate. More's the pity.

Dusty will holiday on the Gold Coast early next year and Schwarz will be claiming it.

“Marketing” 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So is it possible he could be picked up in the mid season draft next year then?