Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I'm more a lurker than a poster, but he's the best big game player I've seen, and I saw KB at his best, so the bar is set very high.

Enjoy retirement, Dusty.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I hope the club doesn't retire or put the No. 4 on ice for too long.
I am old enough to have seen Royce and Dusty play, two of the greatest ever to wear the Yellow and Black.
If we get a recruit in a few years who is a very good player having Dusty and or Royce presentung then.with their jumper would be awesome.
I hope they don’t retire the number. I believe it’s the only number worn in all our premierships

Reactions: 3 users
Sad that he is now retired. Without a doubt though he has made the right choice. Lets go and get one like him in the coming draft. There is a few who may fit the bill.

Reactions: 1 users
I watched Royce and KB in awe as a child, enjoyed the exploits of Richo, but Dusty was the best big game player I've seen. What a champ 🏆 🏆 🏆

Reactions: 7 users
Not really surprised I felt it coming after the 300 it was his unofficial farewell send off game.

The great man has done what I felt he would do, just quietly hang the guernsey up to his mates and family and walk away or ride away no fuss into the next chapter just like the hero at the end of the Western.

Our great champ has never been the same since his fathers passing coupled with the horrendous injury suffered at the hands of that clown Robinson.

What a glorious career what a glorious player, and from those in the know a fiercely loyal, accommodating, caring and giving individual.

He himself stated earlier this year he lost his feeling his mindset of invincibility after those events, that was the mindset he had prior and the spark and drive behind his amazing feats, he felt invincible no one could stop him ................ during that era he was right they couldn't.

A true enigma yet a wonderful wonderful champion and true Icon of the RFC and one of the very greatest of all time of the game on the big stage.

Thank You Dustin Martin #4

That guernsey will not be seen for many years to come.

The next bearer of it will not only need to be a wonderful and talented player but will also need the disposition to carry the weight that will naturally come with wearing it.

What a legend and I feel blessed to have witnessed the careers of some of the games most elite exponents ever my lifetime and the #4 of the RFC is right at the very top amongst those greats if not greater than most.

There's plenty who've played more games, but there's not many at all who have been better if any.

IMPERIOUS ............................. GLORIOUS ..................................THE GOAT

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
I hope they don’t retire the number. I believe it’s the only number worn in all our premierships
I reckon it will stayed unallocated until there is a youngster worthy enough in performance and strong enough mentally to bear it on their back and make it theirs.

Won't be till the RFC is back contending which will make sense.

We won't be seeing the #8 or the #9 for a few years yet either.

Reactions: 2 users
Best player I've ever seen. His feats have brought me to tears more than once. Three glorious premierships. Should have had at least 5 AAs. I guess he'll be happy with the premierships and probably quietly proud of the three Norm Smith's. What a player. :love:

Reactions: 6 users
Dusty still living rent free in the cats heads haha scott and porkins at his conference gold

Reactions: 2 users
Dustin Martin, the beast, the very best and forever a Tiger. Will go down in folk law of AFL as one of the best, if not the best, ever in AFL.. What is even more special, he knew the time was right to retire and did it honourably. We will miss him but the connection will always be there. May his retirement will be as rewarding as his career was

Reactions: 4 users