Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Career stats discussion is here (hopefully)

Extraordinary.

I was absolutely riveted and astonished listening to those stats.

I will be rattling off those figures if any opposition supporter would be stupid enough to claim that he wasn't the greatest big game player ever.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
One thing that pleases me greatly despite the sadness of Dusty retiring, is that we will never have to see Dusty wearing those godawful red and yellow rags that AFL House creams themselves over. It's bad enough we have to endure Dimma wearing a surf lifesaving polo every damn weekend. Go Tiges!

Reactions: 3 users
Bitter sweet to hear supporters from all clubs express their admiration of Martin and what he accomplished. He was ours so we were heavily invested in Martin, but it's starting to sink in that the rest of the AFL had been invested in him as well.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Bitter sweet to hear supporters from all clubs express their admiration of Martin and what he accomplished. He was ours so we were heavily invested in Martin, but it's starting to sink in that the rest of the AFL had been invested in him as well.
Yeah, it's interesting. I've heard a lot of hate during our success from envious oppo supporters regarding Cotch, Jack and Tom.

But never Dusty.

Makes me feel old this one, more than the rest of the retirements of the past few years. Dustin is a few months older than me. I have watched his career from the very start, to the very end.

Like Al Clarkson said last week. He’s been an ornament to the game. We will probably never see it again, 3 grand finals and 3 norm smiths.

• Love
The roar. The loud guttaral growl when it went near the man.
Thank you for your hard work and commitment over the years.
We love him as a footballer.
And a good man too

I live a long way from Jolimont now, but to all who can, get to the game in R24 60k+ please.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes was in the NMFC Member area with Kanga mate for the game last week, heard two young Kanga kids yell out Dusty when he was near us in the warm up, he was just so admired.

Yes was in the NMFC Member area with Kanga mate for the game last week, heard two young Kanga kids yell out Dusty when he was near us in the warm up, he was just so admired.
North were probably trying to make an improved offer for Dusty - this time $2 million per year for 8 years

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
What about No. 1 pick in this year's draft? Quite possible, and how many of those do you get (if so)? Or, maybe if we snag a seriously good KPF in this draft. Best plan is start them on a higher number per usual and put this no. on hold; see if anyone works up to looking worthy after a couple of years.

But I agree, keep the no. 4 in circulation; it's a good omen for team, club and player. But it has to be a good one.
Yeah but Dusty didn't start off with the #4 either.(Who did have it before Dusty. :unsure: ).

The Michael Jordan of AFL finals, well closest we will ever see to that.

I wish he would have played the year out and got a few more highlights but that is the man, selfless to a fault.

Reactions: 2 users
Just remembering that goal where Dusty sharked the handball from the Geelong ruckman, shrugged off Dangerfield and snapped from the pocket.

How many of us reacted in the same way as the big tiger fan in the crowd.

Repeated screaming, uncontrolled slapping of furniture.......then tears of joy.

That right there is the legacy of Dustin Martin.