Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Has Sam McClure posted about Dusty off to GC after this??

Also just had a mate text me, said there was no point Dusty going to GC as they already had their own Dusty version - their trophy cabinet.
Thought that was quite good.
Sam Noclue after hearing this.

"Noooooooo......I was right.....I am always right........nooooooooo"

1722913905402.png

Reactions: 4 users
Never succumbed to the pressure from the media. His retirement sums up his career: no farewell game, no press conference. I'm sure some in the media will now start claiming that Richmond supporters are disappointed about this, but we don't give a *smile*. Dustin Martin left all that he wanted to say on the football field and with those he was close to. I hope he has a wonderful life outside of football but I feel no need to know about it, it is his decision what he makes public. and the media can go jump.

DS
Hear, hear.

I would've been disappointed if Dusty relented and held a press conference................Dusty did his way.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
hows that half wit 'the ox' feeling now
100% he is going to the GC

no wonder dusty left ..........what are the afl month pieces going to write about now ...............hang on .they will make something up .like they alway do ......dusty left his way .perfect

Reactions: 6 users
I hope the club doesn't retire or put the No. 4 on ice for too long.
I am old enough to have seen Royce and Dusty play, two of the greatest ever to wear the Yellow and Black.
If we get a recruit in a few years who is a very good player having Dusty and or Royce presentung then.with their jumper would be awesome.

I hope he spoke to the players/coaches/admin on his retirement and if so, the club uploads it.

Reactions: 2 users
hows that half wit 'the ox' feeling now
100% he is going to the GC

no wonder dusty left ..........what are the afl month pieces going to write about now ...............hang on .they will make something up .like they alway do ......dusty left his way .perfect
Keep in mind Hodge retired only to be brought out of retirement.

But hopefully it’s permanent & he is a tiger for life.

Sad day, but the right decision.
1 thing that just doesnt sit right tho is just the 2 Richmond Best and Fairests. I reckon he has been judged pretty harshly.

But I am sure that wont bother him.

It is a pity he wont play 1 more time, but the opportunity to farewell him at the G in a few weeks with be immense.
Agree re B&F comment.

Haven't been to one for a few years, so don't know if it's changed, but they used to vote out of 5 for each player. So when we win there might be 4 or 5 guys get 5 votes. Dusty may have been clearly the stand out best player, and often was, but he'd get the same 5 votes as the guy that's been our fourth best player. Reckon it's cost him 3 JDMs, but he wouldn't care.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind Hodge retired only to be brought out of retirement.

But hopefully it’s permanent & he is a tiger for life.
benny did say Dusty has retired from the Richmond Football Club not AFL...

Edit. He says later when asked the question about GCS that Dusty has retired from AFL.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope he spoke to the players/coaches/admin on his retirement and if so, the club uploads it.
Dusty has always been a private person.
You would think he would have addressed the players etc.
It would not surprise me if he requested the footage not to be uploaded.

Last edited:
Agree re B&F comment.

Haven't been to one for a few years, so don't know if it's changed, but they used to vote out of 5 for each player. So when we win there might be 4 or 5 guys get 5 votes. Dusty may have been clearly the stand out best player, and often was, but he'd get the same 5 votes as the guy that's been our fourth best player. Reckon it's cost him 3 JDMs, but he wouldn't care.
Im sure he probably got 3 or 4 votes at times for games that others would get 5 for.

I was there 2020 at the Gabba. Kicked the 4th goal about 30m from me, have it on phone vid.
As its flying through all I could say over and over again was OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I knew it was greatest goal of all time nothing will ever move me on that.
C ya Dustbag.
Never tire of watching that video. It's perfect.

Only downside is last game he played was at Cheating City Hall Central.

Also Thursday night Teams will be difficult.
Seeing him be an "Out" for the last time.

Should have just called The Hawks game on his beloved Slaughter House as his last.

Otherwise everything else was Perfect.

Especially giving the Media Trolls ABSOLUTE DONUTS. :clap2