Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Travelled up for that one - not gonna lie, thought once Vlastuin went down, Bachar on one leg and Broad concussed (not sure if this was ever reported but trust me, he was cooked), we were done. Enter the great man. Unreal. Movement in the trousers. Delicious post game F you Geelong beers. 2017 is my fave, but this was a wonderful evening. Thanks Dusty.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Travelled up for that one - not gonna lie, thought once Vlastuin went down, Bachar on one leg and Broad concussed (not sure if this was ever reported but trust me, he was cooked), we were done. Enter the great man. Unreal. Movement in the trousers. Delicious post game F you Geelong beers. 2017 is my fave, but this was a wonderful evening. Thanks Dusty.
same here, but dusty goal just before half time settled me, and I just knew from there it was tiger time again.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Sad to think such a great career is over. We will always be grateful that he played for our club and not another.

Good luck, Dusty.

Reactions: 9 users
Got to see his first and last game...what a career for our great club.

Go well Dusty:cupgold
(now go and produce 3 strapping boys who we can father/son)

Reactions: 7 users
I hope the club doesn't retire or put the No. 4 on ice for too long.
I am old enough to have seen Royce and Dusty play, two of the greatest ever to wear the Yellow and Black.
If we get a recruit in a few years who is a very good player having Dusty and or Royce presentung then.with their jumper would be awesome.
What about No. 1 pick in this year's draft? Quite possible, and how many of those do you get (if so)? Or, maybe if we snag a seriously good KPF in this draft. Best plan is start them on a higher number per usual and put this no. on hold; see if anyone works up to looking worthy after a couple of years.

But I agree, keep the no. 4 in circulation; it's a good omen for team, club and player. But it has to be a good one.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks For the Ride Dusty can say you are Part of the 2 Greatest No 4 Tigers ever I got to see
Royce and Dusty Thanks for the Memories

Reactions: 6 users
Was it worth the 3 months in jail?
Asking for a Melbourne supporting friend

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Greatest of his generation.
Loyal to our club.
Knew when the time was right.
Gave the media nothing.
Will be talked about so long as there is Australian Rules Football.

Dusty the Legend.

Reactions: 15 users
Three great champions and role models for this mighty club have departed in less than 12 months, Cotchin, Riewoldt and now Martin.

That's 14 players from the 2017 premiership side who are no longer at the club, and with Grimes expected to retire it will be 15. How times fly, it doesn't seem that long ago.

Reactions: 4 users
It's a sad day, but I'm pleased that he went out on his own terms. Best player I have ever seen, and he was one of ours.

Reactions: 4 users
Geelong fans will finally be able to sleep with the lights off tonight

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
The kid from Castlemaine who became a champion. The great avenger for all of those 37 years in the wildnerness. It's a sad day.
We were lucky to have lived in the time of Dustin.

Reactions: 7 users
Go well Dusty:cupgold
(now go and produce 3 strapping boys who we can father/son)
Nice one Ghost.

But being Dusty must have 4 (not 3). :mhihi

Two boys and Two Girls.

15 Year Domination across the sexes.
AFL. AFLW.

Anyone got Jess Fox's phone no.? (to pass on to Dusty)
How's that for a Bloodline?

Stamina, Skill, Toughness, Good Looks, Power, Speed.
Sorted.

Reactions: 6 users