Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The greatest player most of us will see in our life time.

We salute you. The people’s champion.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Im literally sobbing.
I’ve just realised what he has really meant to me.
The number 4 needs to be put into storage until someone special comes along that is remotely worthy.
Long live the king of the jungle

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Thank God. Would have hated to see him in McDonald's colours.

Appropriately a one-club Legend of the Game.

What he gave us all. We'll never see his like again.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
I did my mourning after his 300th. Thanks for everything champ. You'll always be the GOAT to me.

Reactions: 8 users
Well played Dusty. And as he’s retired he can’t play anywhere else, correct?

Reactions: 2 users
is it time to bow before the genius reporters they got it right
he was , in their eyes going to move , stay or retire
they have nailed it

we need Balme to rub their noses in it , publicly

WFH this morning and wearing my Dusty mocassins , must have known something :-(

Reactions: 3 users
He is the GOAT ! What an amazing career , the joy you have brought to our club and us fans is unmatched. Thanks for the unbelievable memories that will never be forgotten

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you Dusty for all the joy you have given us Tiger fans. You will be missed. Forever a Richmond immortal.

Reactions: 4 users
Great news on him pulling the plug as he is spent . Never been the same since kidney injured. Bravo Zulu Dusty enjoy your after football life.

is it time to bow before the genius reporters they got it right
he was , in their eyes going to move , stay or retire
they have nailed it

we need Balme to rub their noses in it , publicly

WFH this morning and wearing my Dusty mocassins , must have known something :-(
Click baiters, just ignore the media, they're mainly clueless. Don't count or discount anything regarding Rioli, Baker, Bolton, Graham.

Reactions: 1 user
Thankyou Dusty, you have brought such immense joy to myself and my family, particularly when we had a horrendous year to manage in 2017, what you provided for the club and our supporters in that way and across your career, cements you as one of the greatest Tigers of all time and we will forever remember you,

My daughter still remembers a time back in 2017, the Tiges had played Port on the Sat night at the start of July, we were flying up to see family on the GC on the Sunday morning, when I'm looking through the airport and see Dylan Grimes walking through the airport, then the rest of the team appears. She gets up and chases after Dusty (she was 7 and he was the only Tiger she ever spoke about, anything about the Tiges was Dusty, Dusty, Dusty at that time), I get up to chase after her thinking she was going to grab him, then she realised how tall he was and stopped dead in her tracks, she had no idea he was that tall. Was funny, we never stopped him that day, which in some ways I regret but its also a lovely story to be able to tell about her 1st football love.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Great decision Dusty. Thanks for everything legend. Enjoy life after footy.

And a big up yours to the media imbeciles cheerleading for him to go the Suns. That was only ever about trying to tear our club down.

Reactions: 15 users
Just a typical Dusty exit. Announcement out of nowhere, immediate effect. No fanfare, just a subtle retreat into the shadows.

Thanks for all you have done for our club Dusty. Your legend status will be remembered forever. For the impact he has had on the club, not only his onfield success but the impact his image has had on membership. attendance, revenue, public interest has been astounding. I would feel very comfortable with a statue of Dusty being built next to Captain Blood.

Reactions: 11 users
Thanks Dusty for all the great memories you have bought so much joy to us tiger faithful :cupgold :cupgold :cupgold
Like others have said number 4 should be retired till the next great comes along
aussie rules GIF by AFL

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Thank you Dustin Martin. He made us relevant again as a club. Connected the old supporters and generated a generation of new supporters. Most of all, gave us premierships I’d never thought I’d live to see.

Fantastic player - he & Bartlett were the best I ever saw. Right decision. Time waits for no one and his body is done from an AFL perspective.

He set a standard & new culture of success that is up to us as a club to build from. Mediocrity is no longer tolerated.