Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

A player that will be looked back on in years like Matthews Ablett Snr etc will be.

And he was ours

Thank you Dusty

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks Dusty. As Richmond supporters, we were honoured by watching a once in a generation player . How lucky we were! May your next journey in life, post football , be as equally rewarding and exciting.

Reactions: 7 users
What a blessing it has been to be alive in Dusty's era

While some plonkers surfed in suits, he lived to rip out hearts in finals

GOAT

Reactions: 6 users
I was sad when Rance retired. I was sad when Jack and Cotch retired. But this one feels different. I have only felt this way one other time. When Shane Warne retired.

I know we will never see anything like it again.

A wise Richmond man once said "Don't be sad it's over, be happy that it happened"

The Goat has left the arena...leaving behind life-long memories...and his car.

Reactions: 19 users
Farewell and thanks, Dusty. The greatest Tiger ever going past Royce and KB in this older tiger's estimation.
You took the Tiger faithful (and they were full of faith to stick with the club after 37 years of heartbreak!) to unimaginable heights and generated so much excitement whenever you went near the ball.
Those amazing contested ball wins with such clean hands, don't argues repelling tackles, defence-piercing kicks to our forwards and match winning goals from long distance or unbelievable angles ... all unforgettable.
There will never be another player quite as great as Dusty, as his record shows. Big game performer, match-winner who just turned around matches and made sure of so many victories for the mighty Tiger army.
The GOAT.

Reactions: 4 users
I think it is worth reflecting on what the great man really meant to RFC supporters. Think about this - RFC play Hawthorn at the 'G for Dusty's 300th. RFC second last, HFC still miles out of the 8 and more than 90,000 turn up. Pendles (and no knocking him, think he is great) playing for the the current premiers against its greatest opponent who were 4th on the ladder and in prime time on a Saturday night can only get 86,000. My one small regret about the timing of the great man's announcement is his last game was at the Sh*thole playing the meaningless NMFC!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So we should see Martin being included into the AFL Hall of Fame & AFL Legend next year. No point delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: 7 users
Dusty should just hop on a plane to the Greek Islands with Premiership Medals, Norm Smith Medals and Brownlow Medal around his neck, and be welcomed as the true King of Mykonos 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks Dusty you Legend, enjoy your retirement as much as we've enjoyed your career.

What a Champion.

Reactions: 3 users
Numb feeling. Was glad I was around to witness the great man. Forever thankful for his contribution to our success. Legend of the game.
Will be sorely missed by the RFC faithful - think about it, 92K turned up for his 300th!!! All the best for your future endeavours.

Reactions: 1 users
What a ride it's been, Grateful I was there to live it.

The number 4 should now be retired at the RFC.

Reactions: 3 users