Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Looks cooked unless something (unlikely) derailed this season that isn’t Father Time.

Reactions: 1 user
Can’t get across the grass. Confirmed today after a few weeks off. Done.

Reactions: 7 users
Cannot afford an on field non playing coach any longer. Time has beaten the great man. Gives me no joy to be hoping we see a couple of Dusty moments for old times sake.
It’s ok to keep running a benchmark horse in restricted races while they can but once a champion thoroughbred loses the edge and cannot compete at the highest level any longer dignified and quick retirement is called for.

We sign him and we are laughing stock and putting progression back 5 years

Reactions: 3 users
It's time for Dustin to give it away. It will be sad to see him try and play on again, either with us or at GC.

Reactions: 4 users
I think it is time he retired but if he re-signs with us for a year I won't be fussed, you don't just discard champions that easily.

DS

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
24 metres gained from 16 disposals. He used to be able to break through packs and gain ground, it was one of his greatest assets. Unfortunately probably due to a combination of age, loss of strength, injury and lack of desire he can't do it anymore. Hard to make total judgement when he's had no continuity of games but you'd have to question now the benefit for him and the Tigers of him playing on next year at the Tigers. You need the motivation.

Reactions: 3 users
Jack Graham looks like Ablett Senior compared to Dusty. He needs to retire because it’s a tragedy one of our greatest players of all time playing like a benchmark 58 racehorse.