Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Tarnished his reputation as far as I’m concerned. Left us high and dry 1/3 way through 2023 and had his superannuation job by end of the season.

Was a part of recruiting Taranto & Hopper to ‘Last Dance’ the squad & era which helped push us into this mess. And then leaves with no care for the rebuild. No Sheedy type legacy here.

Reactions: 5 users
His new (AFL financed, please be successful) toys comment was the last straw. No sporting team has ever been successful on the Gold Coast & I look forward to the AFL team’s demise. How about we cut off the AFL funding & see how they go!!

Reactions: 5 users
Wonder if Jack asked him the 'who's idea to debut Pickett in the 2019 GF?' was done on purpose....just for him to answer Danielle.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
He got a massive booooooo.
The crowd didn't notice him on ground till the scoreboard showed Dusty going up to him.
The army arent happy a senior coach decides mid season to leave.
Unheard-of

Reactions: 4 users
The Purple Wiggle wants Shai. And Dogwick wants The Most Royal Prince.

His Highness must have a solid gold house. No. Temple. And the glorious and sacred captaincy.

And $25M for each of his shortest minutes. More for the lazy minutes. And let there be more of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The Sacred and Most Royal Prince must remain within the blessed boundaries of the anointed lands. Punt Road Oval. And nearby.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I heard it too.
Was so embarrassing as a supporter at the ground. Those that booed ought to be ashamed, the man was our coach for 3 premiership wins. So disrespectful, just don’t get the hate. So what, he moved on as have the club. Never thought I’d see another flag in my lifetime, then we saluted in 2017.
I’ll be forever indebted to what Hardwick and his group of players achieved. Booing him was a disgrace

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Was so embarrassing as a supporter at the ground. Those that booed ought to be ashamed, the man was our coach for 3 premiership wins. So disrespectful, just don’t get the hate. So what, he moved on as have the club. Never thought I’d see another flag in my lifetime, then we saluted in 2017.
I’ll be forever indebted to what Hardwick and his group of players achieved. Booing him was a disgrace
I don’t think supporters are annoyed because he moved on- eventually everyone moves on- more so it was the way it was done
If he had have left at the end of 2022 instead of pulling the pin not long into the season and then taking the suns job a couple of months later still in the same season , seemed underhanded and sneaky not to mention he had stabbed his good mate Dew in the back without much care
Also the new toys comment has riled supporters as though the old players were now substandard to him
Like he didn’t want to tarnish his reputation now that he sees himself as an architect of success
Also he has surrounded himself with Richmond people and is trying to pry Rioli out of the club
It feels like he hasn’t just left but has been sucking the life out of the club

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 15 users
The Sacred and Most Royal Prince must remain within the blessed boundaries of the anointed lands. Punt Road Oval. And nearby.
The prince has many estates and duties and must from time to time undertake services to the people in exchange for high draft picks. This will ensure the health of the land and fecundity of punt road. While us peasants who wallow in the mud will cry for his great sacrifice, it will in the end be for our benefit.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Booing doesn't necessarily mean "hate".

Reactions: 2 users