Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Was so embarrassing as a supporter at the ground. Those that booed ought to be ashamed, the man was our coach for 3 premiership wins. So disrespectful, just don’t get the hate. So what, he moved on as have the club. Never thought I’d see another flag in my lifetime, then we saluted in 2017.
I’ll be forever indebted to what Hardwick and his group of players achieved. Booing him was a disgrace
I Was like you too.
Never bagged him when he left. Was just grateful. People have been angry the minute he left. Others say Carcella and McCrae won us the flags.
But after 12 months I'm starting to dislike him too. Looking back now,
He shouldve walked at the end of 2022 and we wouldve had a chance to reset.
We wasted picks and direction due his urgency for success again and then he decided mid season he will pack it up and leave. It left us high and dry.
and look at where we are today 2 wins in season and underneath north Melbourne.
I don't blame people for booing him

Reactions: 5 users
I blame Lynch :LOL: for all this.
If celebrated instead of looking undecided and giving the morons a reason to bend us over again.
That was the last straw for Hardwick. It sent him over the edge. He wanted revenge

Was so embarrassing as a supporter at the ground. Those that booed ought to be ashamed, the man was our coach for 3 premiership wins. So disrespectful, just don’t get the hate. So what, he moved on as have the club. Never thought I’d see another flag in my lifetime, then we saluted in 2017.
I’ll be forever indebted to what Hardwick and his group of players achieved. Booing him was a disgrace
Was was is the key here he isn’t our coach anymore
He jumped ship its was too hard for him to do a rebuild and wanted a cushy gig As others have said he should’ve left end of 2022 not mid season 2023
As long as he’s coach of GC plotting our downfall he can expect to be booed

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I don’t think supporters are annoyed because he moved on- eventually everyone moves on- more so it was the way it was done
If he had have left at the end of 2022 instead of pulling the pin not long into the season and then taking the suns job a couple of months later still in the same season , seemed underhanded and sneaky not to mention he had stabbed his good mate Dew in the back without much care
Also the new toys comment has riled supporters as though the old players were now substandard to him
Like he didn’t want to tarnish his reputation now that he sees himself as an architect of success
Also he has surrounded himself with Richmond people and is trying to pry Rioli out of the club
It feels like he hasn’t just left but has been sucking the life out of the club
He left us in a complete mess. The flags are greatly appreciated but he didn’t need to leave like he did.

Many claim he wanted to go for one more flag after he recruited Hopper and Taranto and sold the farm in the process at the end of 2022. It seemed like that at the time but then he pulled the pin 9 games after he started the campaign. Didn’t exactly give it much of a chance did he? Not even half a season.

How do those actions gel with his someone trying to win another flag? Should have gone at the end of 2022 which was a complete shitshow in itself. Hardwick lost the plot after 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Way more than 1/2. Perhaps 3/4 of 'em!
But, but, but they all love Dimma and are leaving because he’s not there anymore. Our ears and eyes must have been deceiving us.

Not sure what Dimma was doing or expecting. For the players to hoist him on their shoulders and carry him around for one last lap whilst the tiger army stood and clapped and cheered.

Tell him he’s dreaming.

Reactions: 1 users
Huge mismatch between his ego and his ability.

I look forward to his results at the Suns eventually showing him up for the fraud that he is (and always he’s been). What will he do up there when he runs out of excuses??

Yes he’s a 3-time flag winner with us, but because of decisions he’s made - he doesn’t deserve to be canonised alongside other club legends in my opinion.

I loved Dimma during our dynasty and the father figure he was.

I think hes a good bloke who made mistakes, it happens during all our lives we go through tough times and change. I will always be appreciative of his 14 years, he worked his backside off as did everyone involved. Dimma will always hold a soft spot with me. I was Very disappointed when he cheated as it essentially flew in the face of the Richmond Man and that was essentially the measurement of our club, it was blatantly obvious it would effect the group, essentially they had bought into something he actually broke and had delisted players for (not cheating but non Richmond man behaviors) in past.

I dont like that he has targeted (offering jobs) RFC staff and players, dont like it at all.

IMO Roili is a must keep if possible, others can go as long as were well compensated. Shai, Baker, JG have all given 7/8 years of service, i would not begrudge them to leave as long as we get compensation.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I loved Dimma during our dynasty and the father figure he was.

I think hes a good bloke who made mistakes, it happens during all our lives we go through tough times and change. I will always be appreciative of his 14 years, he worked his backside off as did everyone involved. Dimma will always hold a soft spot with me. I was Very disappointed when he cheated as it essentially flew in the face of the Richmond Man and that was essentially the measurement of our club, it was blatantly obvious it would effect the group, essentially they had bought into something he actually broke and had delisted players for (not cheating but non Richmond man behaviors) in past.

I dont like that he has targeted (offering jobs) RFC staff and players, dont like it at all.

IMO Roili is a must keep if possible, others can go as long as were well compensated. Shai, Baker, JG have all given 7/8 years of service, i would not begrudge them to leave as long as we get compensation.
The other 3 are not going to where a previous coach is exploiting his relationship with the player to entice them. That’s what I have a problem with Dogwick doing. Loyalty isn’t a strong suit with him.

Reactions: 7 users
The other 3 are not going to where a previous coach is exploiting his relationship with the player to entice them. That’s what I have a problem with Dogwick doing. Loyalty isn’t a strong suit with him.

As above i dont like it one bit.

Hes now paid very well for another organization, having been a senior corporate person in Asia for 20+ years and having moved organizations myself a couple of times, it does happen that sometimes you attract people from your old organization.

I understand the disdain and i will be filthy if Daniel leaves but thats business unfortunately and both DH and DR are employees in the AFL industry trying to get as much out of themselves both in their jobs and financially...

Reactions: 1 user
Tarnished his reputation as far as I’m concerned. Left us high and dry 1/3 way through 2023 and had his superannuation job by end of the season.

Was a part of recruiting Taranto & Hopper to ‘Last Dance’ the squad & era which helped push us into this mess. And then leaves with no care for the rebuild. No Sheedy type legacy here.

Last Waddle.

Im still pissed off at the recruitment cost and the fact he orchestrated it, then pissed off leaving the club to waddle.. i mean wallow in our predicament.

Reactions: 7 users
I never begrudged Dimma leaving but with the movement of time I now find it a bit confounding.

So he’s burnt out or whatever he said at Richmond, can’t find the 101st way to cook the sausages. Understand that.

But then he goes and gets another job cooking sausages. New location, new club, new players everything feels fresh….but for how long?

If he’d stayed at Richmond he could’ve been part of the rebuild, the list in ‘24 will look hugely different from the list he had. So he’d have a bunch of new players, a new CEO, Balmey gone, apart from Punt road it’d be like a different club.

Ah well…..

I never begrudged Dimma leaving but with the movement of time I now find it a bit confounding.

So he’s burnt out or whatever he said at Richmond, can’t find the 101st way to cook the sausages. Understand that.

But then he goes and gets another job cooking sausages. New location, new club, new players everything feels fresh….but for how long?

If he’d stayed at Richmond he could’ve been part of the rebuild, the list in ‘24 will look hugely different from the list he had. So he’d have a bunch of new players, a new CEO, Balmey gone, apart from Punt road it’d be like a different club.

Ah well…..
I think the time was right for Dimma to go possibly would have been better earlier & we could have appointed Kingsley as coach. He’s getting paid a fortune by Suns so good luck to him.

Reactions: 2 users
Never gave kids a go, stuck with the same week in week out
When we got injuries we never knew who would full the holes.
Besides Pickett I didn't see any other player go up to him.
Where was Cotchin???

There still pretenders the sun's and it's a club with no soul and no identity even with Dimma.

Never gave kids a go, stuck with the same week in week out
When we got injuries we never knew who would full the holes.
Besides Pickett I didn't see any other player go up to him.
Where was Cotchin???
Baker, McIntosh, Nank, Rioli just to name 4 before the game. Also Tim Livingston & some staff.

Reactions: 1 user
Understood why he convinced the club to sell the farm for midfield talent for one last push, ( I did not agree but understood why and he defiantly had the runs on the board to be able to push for it) after all you got to make the most of the limited time you get at the top, but to jump ship so soon after getting the players he wanted into the club was a low act, you either leave at the end of 22 and let the club and new coach decide on the path or you hang around and own the predicament you put the club in and do what you can to correct the mistaken path you have lead the club down, Hardwick took the cowards way out and to me that will be his legacy. Coward.

Reactions: 11 users