Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

They sacked Dewy when they were 6 points away from top 8. They deserve what they get.

Reactions: 9 users
He’ll be desperate for a saviour.
Enter Dusty.
I’ll take the picks at this stage. He might overpay after this latest humiliation
That's what I reckon.
In an act of desperation he will pay to have him next to him to Take some heat off him

Reactions: 1 user
Enjoy your superannuation job on the Gold Coast Damien. No closer to a flag than us. Over-rated list in holiday heartland where no one cares about AFL performance.

Reactions: 4 users
The theory apparently is AFL will bankroll a marquee player role for Dusty which can sit outside the salary cap. Not sure though if that would then be included in AFL's secret herbs & spices compensation calculations.
He’ll have do some some media work, which he hates

Hardwick is an excellent coach, that hasn't changed.

What he had in the summer of 2016 was a bunch of hungry, smart, selfless men.

Insane endurance, want, leadership across the squad.
It’s pretty telling Cotchin and Riewoldt were basically there to help Rioli get a flag annd not one for themselves. Deledio left. Karma is crazy.

Reactions: 1 users
Mrs Hardwick was the real coach.

The moment Dimma subbed her out it was curtains for his coaching career.
That’s a well known fact bugsy (y)
She also pulled the strings for Marlion to play in the gf. MP owes her heaps, he got a career to follow that.

Reactions: 3 users
Dimmas new toys only work at home when plugged in at the wall. *smile* when they have to run on batteries

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Wonder what Hooch Hardwick's mindset will be?
Could be a tankfest on his part?
If they win they could end up 1 or 2 spots higher on ladder = worse draft pick.

We can win and still finish stone motherless.
Do we know how to win for a great Dusty/Dylan send off?

Hope we don't boo him.

Reactions: 1 user
Wonder what Hooch Hardwick's mindset will be?
Could be a tankfest on his part?
If they win they could end up 1 or 2 spots higher on ladder = worse draft pick.

We can win and still finish stone motherless.
Do we know how to win for a great Dusty/Dylan send off?

Hope we don't boo him.
I'm sure he'll get to the bench in the last to run on ground, hug and shake Duz and Dyl's hands and scurrie off.

Suns will eventually make finals as much as I regret it. They have so much talent it’s not funny. They will start to soon win away games and be in the eight.

Premiership coaching legend. But that's four years ago now.
Despite his status at the time I do believe he has tarnished his legend at RFC with some of his shenanigans and the manner in which he departed the Club.
Others may disagree but that's okay.
One player with whom I have a bit to do with at times has been very open with me about the impact Dimma's behaviour in the 2020 hub in Brisbane ultimately flowed onto the team and diminished the level of respect a number of players had for him.
But life moves on ......
Just hate the plastic club that he now coaches and I wish them no success, irrespective of the talent GCS has on its list.

Reactions: 20 users
Premiership coaching legend. But that's four years ago now.
Despite his status at the time I do believe he has tarnished his legend at RFC with some of his shenanigans and the manner in which he departed the Club.
Others may disagree but that's okay.
One player with whom I have a bit to do with at times has been very open with me about the impact Dimma's behaviour in the 2020 hub in Brisbane ultimately flowed onto the team and diminished the level of respect a number of players had for him.
But life moves on ......
Just hate the plastic club that he now coaches and I wish them no success, irrespective of the talent GCS has on its list.
His behaviour after his resignation wasn’t much better pretending to still be a Richmond man by cheering at games and then posting dribble on Twitter. Next minute he’s signed a multimillion long deal. I agree he tarnished his legend at the club.

Reactions: 7 users
When Dogwick first moved to Gold Coast he said something about them needing Danny Daly or Blair Hartley. In doing so Blabby McDogwick publicly sacked Craig Cameron.

When Blabby said "80% of our next premiership squad is already at the club," he publicly denounced 20% of his squad. He later effectively retracted by saying "100% of our next premiership is already at the club." Credibility much?

When Dogwick in 2023 said in his RFC presser "Nathan Broad will go to Jack Atrosius next week and Nathan Broad will beat Jack Atrosius," he called Jack Atrosius a *smile*. (He was right, of course.)

When he dropped Jack Atrosius last week he called Kall Burns a *smile*. And Craig Cameron (again).

And so Blabby McDogwick had to come out last week and state that getting the best out of Jack Atrosius was up to him. Thus indemnifying Kall Burns and Craig Cameron who are both deeply no good. But perhaps more importantly signalling that GCS will not take pick #25 for him.

Ah, backwater politics. Like being chained to a rock while rats eat, afresh and daily, your immortal liver. Who'd volunteer?

• Haha
  • Love
When Dogwick first moved to Gold Coast he said something about them needing Danny Daly or Blair Hartley. In doing so Blabby McDogwick publicly sacked Craig Cameron.

When Blabby said "80% of our next premiership squad is already at the club," he publicly denounced 20% of his squad. He later effectively retracted by saying "100% of our next premiership is already at the club." Credibility much?

When Dogwick in 2023 said in his RFC presser "Nathan Broad will go to Jack Atrosius next week and Nathan Broad will beat Jack Atrosius," he called Jack Atrosius a *smile*. (He was right, of course.)

When he dropped Jack Atrosius last week he called Kall Burns a *smile*. And Craig Cameron (again).

And so Blabby McDogwick had to come out last week and state that getting the best out of Jack Atrosius was up to him. Thus indemnifying Kall Burns and Craig Cameron who are both deeply no good. But perhaps more importantly signalling that GCS will not take pick #25 for him.

Ah, backwater politics. Like being chained to a rock while rats eat, afresh and daily, your immortal liver. Who'd volunteer?
I don’t know about all the Jack but one thing that was consistent with Dimma when he was at the Tiges was that he always backed the players publicly.
I just feel he isn’t as player centric and supportive at the Suns.

Reactions: 3 users
I note Touk Miller used the words "Suns Man" last night on AFL 360 when talking about another poor performance. The context was they were not meeting the expectations of a "Suns Man".

IMO they are the most disappointing team of 2024, they have had barely any key injuries and have some great individual talent.

2025 is a huge year for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Waxing lyrical this morning Dyer'ere. Early start today or coming in off a loooonnnng run?

I agree he has been tarnished in the eyes of tiger fans, but I am forever grateful for the three premierships as coach that he brought us. I am disappointed mostly that we never got to give him a farewell, but I think that reflected his mental state at the time.