Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I don’t know about all the Jack but one thing that was consistent with Dimma when he was at the Tiges was that he always backed the players publicly.
I just feel he isn’t as player centric and supportive at the Suns.
I'm just quoting Dogwick, Sin. He said all that stuff.

Waxing lyrical this morning Dyer'ere. Early start today or coming in off a loooonnnng run?
You'd be appalled at how tame I am these days, TM. I know I am.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I agree he has been tarnished in the eyes of tiger fans, but I am forever grateful for the three premierships as coach that he brought us. I am disappointed mostly that we never got to give him a farewell, but I think that reflected his mental state at the time.
I’m grateful too TF17.
I’d only spit in one of his eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I note Touk Miller used the words "Suns Man" last night on AFL 360 when talking about another poor performance. The context was they were not meeting the expectations of a "Suns Man".

IMO they are the most disappointing team of 2024, they have had barely any key injuries and have some great individual talent.

2025 is a huge year for them.
Suns man? Let me guess.. they're climbing a mountain too.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I'm just quoting Dogwick, Sin. He said all that stuff.

You'd be appalled at how tame I am these days, TM. I know I am.
sorry Jack I wasn't questioning it. It's all part of what I see as a change in Dimma, he says more about players now and he is less measured with what he says

sorry Jack I wasn't questioning it. It's all part of what I see as a change in Dimma, he says more about players now and he is less measured with what he says
Realising take out every night gets boring, missing the home cooked meals.

If i was a player I'd be keeping an eye on him at club functions

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I agree with you, Sin. He's certainly shooting from the lip more.

I don’t know about all the Jack but one thing that was consistent with Dimma when he was at the Tiges was that he always backed the players publicly.
I just feel he isn’t as player centric and supportive at the Suns.
He built the side from ground zero when he arrived.All those players he protected were his so too speak.
Suns on the other hand is no different on what yze is facing.A side thats not entirely(close too) yet his.

I agree he has been tarnished in the eyes of tiger fans, but I am forever grateful for the three premierships as coach that he brought us. I am disappointed mostly that we never got to give him a farewell, but I think that reflected his mental state at the time.
Calling him Dogwick is disrespectful if you ask me.

Reactions: 4 users
Rechabite geriatric *frowns*. I hate being a rechabite.
Mighta slowed down plenty but there's not a chance I'll live as a rechabite while ever the the brain is capable of thinking thirsty n the hand is capable of picking up a sippins.
Guts can complain as much as they like, I'll simply take an extra tablet tomorra n have an extra sip tonight.

Grateful? Eternally grateful. We were a laughing stock. He helped turn that around.

As for mental state at the time. I believe Dimma had 100% rat cunning and was out to protect his reputation from a sudden fall off the cliff and the concern we'd want to sack the losing coach - and that he'd have to endure a rebuild again (which he publically said on AFL 360 he wouldn't stay and do).

I don't think he was in a deteriorated mental state. I think he was completely lucid and aware of what he was doing, and not doing.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Grateful? Eternally grateful. We were a laughing stock. He helped turn that around.

As for mental state at the time. I believe Dimma had 100% rat cunning and was out to protect his reputation from a sudden fall off the cliff and the concern we'd want to sack the losing coach - and that he'd have to endure a rebuild again (which he publically said on AFL 360 he wouldn't stay and do).

I don't think he was in a deteriorated mental state. I think he was completely lucid and aware of what he was doing, and not doing.
Definitely not. He knew what he was doing well before he resigned.

Reactions: 2 users
I note Touk Miller used the words "Suns Man" last night on AFL 360 when talking about another poor performance. The context was they were not meeting the expectations of a "Suns Man".

IMO they are the most disappointing team of 2024, they have had barely any key injuries and have some great individual talent.

2025 is a huge year for them.
Really BIG year for Hardwick
Hope it all goes flat for him and them

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Dimma got enough accolades from us when he was coaching us for 3 :cupgold
He chose to abandon us as it was too hard to do a rebuild and went to the Suns as he had 80% of premiership team already there
Now he sits and plots our downfall every time he coaches against us I’ve cheered enough for him over the years
Wheres his loyalty can’t expect loyalty from us Won’t be cheering for him now he’s against us

Year one… by many measures would rate as a fail… but we’ve seen this script before and it could be a bit frightening

Reactions: 1 user
Would we prefer Dimma at the Suns or say at Carlton or Collingwood? Even better, helping Geelong win another flag?