Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

It's the midfield. Not up to it. Anderson, Flanders, that little dud who gets a kick against Fitzroy. Not up to it.

Just to begin.

Lombard will help in time. Miller will nearly be gone by then.

How about Dogwick's Happy Meal hero Sam Collins? Below the level. Is Swallow still their main man? He was beaten.

King was terrific. But is no star. Atrosius is not much good. Dogwick brought back Sexton as a forward. Novel. Not. Fiorini? LOL. Desperate. Mac Andrew forward? How did that work out? Coaching like a Scott. Unsustainable trickery.

A vexed man. Poetry can do that to ya.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Might blow a gasket and or snatch it before his shiny new toys get old enough and strong and good enough to do a RFC.
That's my feeling.
He joined looking for the rest made route. Minimal effort to get them ready to contend. Not zero effort, but minimal.

I think reality has set in, especially the club culture.

That's my feeling.
He joined looking for the rest made route. Minimal effort to get them ready to contend. Not zero effort, but minimal.

Might be texting Livingstone, Balmey, Lambert and Hartley next ............................... .:))

Reactions: 1 user
Watched his presser. The fire & brimstone a fortnight ago didn’t work. The players aren’t buying in. Ellis retires this week..coincidence? I reckon there’s problems afoot there already.

Reactions: 2 users
Hardwick is a one trick pony that is getting found out by not having the elite cattle to bail him out like he had here.

He was forced to innovate in 2017, and has been doubling down on it ever since - despite obvious signs that his methods are out of date.

I understand the GC (read: the AFL) wanting him there as a high-profile character (more like caricature sometimes) with the credentials of a premiership-winning coach. But as an actual football strategist, he’s not someone whose coaching delivers wins above expectation. He’s not bringing any fresh ideas.

This season’s going about as well as I expected - he’s a myth.

• Wow
He’ll be desperate for a saviour.
Enter Dusty.
I’ll take the picks at this stage. He might overpay after this latest humiliation

Reactions: 1 users
That's my feeling.

Hardwick thought he was getting the new, beaut version of super Lego to play with. Just click and play.
He’s found out they’re just a newer version of an old Meccano set. Still need a fair bit of work bolting it all together.

*smile* “new toys” smug prick.

Its the location.Not one sporting code has lifted any form of cup.
lifestyle is way too relaxed to get that extra 10% out of yourself.
Yet the AFL keep on spending big money on a nothing cause.
Relocate to Tassie.

Reactions: 4 users
My GC supporter mate called this miles out. They've been driving him crazy since day one. Said it wasn't not gonna be an easy turn around for Dimma. Deeply deeply ingrained loser mentality.

Mrs Hardwick was the real coach.

The moment Dimma subbed her out it was curtains for his coaching career.

• Haha
Hardwick is an excellent coach, that hasn't changed.

What he had in the summer of 2016 was a bunch of hungry, smart, selfless men.

Insane endurance, want, leadership across the squad.

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like GC, after 14 seasons, will yet again finish no higher than 12th. They've never been in the top 8 from Rd 17 onwards. They've been on top of the ladder only once, after Rd 0 this year, when there were only 4 games. What a sad excuse for a football club. That's what happens when you're soulless.

Last edited:
Dimma had freakishly good leaders all over the ground during the Dimmasty. I reckon most of us would have coached that lot to many wins.

Have seen anything different at the sun's since to took over talent yet can't put it together.

Dimma’s best trait is his ability to motivate the players. Fantastic speaker and creates a strong bond with the players.

And haven’t the AFL with their new drafting rules made steps towards restricting the access of the northern clubs to the NGA’s?

He’ll be desperate for a saviour.
Enter Dusty.
I’ll take the picks at this stage. He might overpay after this latest humiliation
What picks dusty is a unrestricted free agent and they have no salary cap space, at 33 we ain't getting any compo when he'd be on peanuts and Max a 2 year contract

What picks dusty is a unrestricted free agent and they have no salary cap space, at 33 we ain't getting any compo when he'd be on peanuts and Max a 2 year contract
The theory apparently is AFL will bankroll a marquee player role for Dusty which can sit outside the salary cap. Not sure though if that would then be included in AFL's secret herbs & spices compensation calculations.

The theory apparently is AFL will bankroll a marquee player role for Dusty which can sit outside the salary cap. Not sure though if that would then be included in AFL's secret herbs & spices compensation calculations.
Add the Richmond tax and the AFL will require us to send a pick to Gold Coast as well as Dusty.