Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

All of the things you listed doesn't mean he isn't living with mental illness. These kind of dismissive comments aren't helpful in the mental health crises we have in Australia, irrespective of status.
What mental health crisis?

You can tell he doesn’t coach Richmond anymore….

DIMMA F-BOMB ESCAPE

The AFL is unlikely to issue coach Damien Hardwick with a “please explain” for his dramatic post-match
f-bomb the Suns’ loss to North Melbourne.
Gold Coast has been told by the AFL it is unlikely to take action on Hardwick’s press-conference f-bomb after its Saturday defeat.
The league will discuss any action on Monday but Hardwick’s immediate contrition and the fact his language was directed at his own club will help his case.
“I’m angry, to be fair,’’ he said. “As a footy club, we’ve got to grow the f--- up, to be perfectly honest Excuse the language.”
F&$@ used to be same outrage as c&$&@
And now Ricky Gervais has normalised c@$$ so it’s either woke or RWNJ to insult someone now.
(Or fluorescent green maggot)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I thought Dogwick played the Malcolm Blight card.

Blight decided that some of his players had the day off when they were on the road. Because they were unaccountable. So Blight, in a post match said "Pittman was pathetic." There was a storm in a teacup about that.

But Blight put in on his players about not turning up to road games.

That's what Dogwick is doing. He has not been able to correct the culture of road game RDOs. (Road game RDOs are the coach's fault. Entirely.) So he's putting it on them in public.

He's come to terms with the weakness of his starting trio Miller, Anderson, the Curly Dud. They don't measure up. He put Flanders in there who bungled relentlessly but kept going.

Dogwick is about to lop a few heads. And a few more at the end of the year. He's sounding the warning.

Reactions: 3 users
"Shiny new young thing" - great way to objectify and disempower a woman.
Do you know he chased her? - again you are talking about a woman as if she is an object.

I suggest not commenting on a relationship you really know nothing about, and that involves a person you know nothing about.
It was more in reference to the club. I did not mean to ojectifying her, and not sure how I am disempowering her?

She has plenty of power (clearly she has power). As do most young women that end up in relationships with wealthy older men. They make choices too.

Funny how it's rarely young woman hooks up with older broke man. I for one am holding out hope for change.

Unsure why you think I know nothing of their relationship, it's origins, Mrs Hardwick's treatment etc. FYI the relationship started well before Damian separated from his wife. Dimma has not behaved with respect or care. That behaviour impacted on the players and subsequent results. And his new partner had her part to play.

My comment really was more around a poster feeling somehow sorry for Damian and his position. That he is not looking after his health and is cooked and fragile and a tradgedy waiting to happen. As if it all happened almost by accident?

I disagree with that take, I think the poster has underestimated Damian. I think he has been deliberate and cunning, almost ruthless in his choices.

He is forever the coach that brought the tigers 3 flags and endless joy and memories.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just heard part of Dimma's presser on SEN mentioning his mother not being happy with his f-word last week (i.e. same humorous way in pre-game pressers as he did with his ex-missus years ago). Everytime he says something bad, he tries to lighten it up later in the week with this type of humour. IMO, this routine is getting really, really boring now.

Reactions: 6 users
Just heard part of Dimma's presser on SEN mentioning his mother not being happy with his f-word last week (i.e. same humorous way in pre-game pressers as he did with his ex-missus years ago). Everytime he says something bad, he tries to lighten it up later in the week with this type of humour. IMO, this routine is getting really, really boring now.
Yeah, *smile* off Dimma

Unbelievable how he is treated now that he isn't wearing yellow and black..
All he did was teach our kids that you don't have to fight through tough times, you can give up and just walk away.
It wouldve been nice to see us top 4 while he sits 2 games out of the 8.
But our group have put in one of the worse seasons I can remember. There was always light at the end of tunnel but not with this group.
Alongside Clarke, both have set us back 10 years

Reactions: 1 users
I’m sensing Pam AKA the New Mrs Hardwick has entered the conversation.
history resist GIF by Adventures Once Had

Damien Dogwick will punt players who do not comply with his grow the *smile* up edict. He already had a few in his sights. (Didn't we all?)

He called his squad for lack of "intent". So jibs, eh. Apt. Road games are too hard? Real coaches don't cop that.

Gold Cost Jibs? To some extent. Dogwick is using a 50yo out of date moral lie to punt blokes who don't measure up. Much as Don Puke would. If he had the character Dogwick might ask if he's any better than Puke. Time will tell. NB he did once.

But Dogwick is also discrediting the idea of travel disadvantage. Backwater dribblers think that's a thing. Hello, Adam Simpson, you guru! How ya likin picking fights with 18yos?

Travel? Good teams travel. Dogwick will not even. He's been clear about that. This backwater will learn the rules of the big cities.

Last edited:
Old “disingenuous Dimma”.

Give me something authentic > the comic relief, any day of the week.

Reactions: 1 users
Who's he punting tonight? He'd hate a Witts. But Witts is his best player. Eh. Rowell got a kick. Musta been against Fitzroy. Anderson was diabolical. Dogwick's side is full a duds.

Compare with Premiership hero Jeremy McGovern. How good was he in the last quarter? Decisive. Clean.Yeo was dumb but he is still big and can get it. Have the Dogwick Duds got ay of them? Dusty B Bear? Did he get 4 kicks? OMG.

Did you see Dogwick's face in camera in the last quarter? Mmm. The key to life is to have good people around you. Luck largely decides that. Largely.

There's poetry here. GCS got four players through their academy as Dogwick joined - 2023. A rebuild in a year with Leonardo Lombard to come this year and Zeke Uwland next.

Old Broken Toys Richmond just about iced pick 1, 2 or 3 with the WCE win. (NB F/S Ashcroft may go #1.) Huge picks. And Broken Toys may yet trade into a few more. And ATM it looks like GCS's 2023 picks are kinda projecty. And RFC's this year might be more complete. And even more plentiful. Maybe. There is poetry around. Beauty of balance.

Reactions: 11 users
Who's he punting tonight? He'd hate a Witts. But Witts is his best player. Eh. Rowell got a kick. Musta been against Fitzroy. Anderson was diabolical. Dogwick's side is full a duds.

Compare with Premiership hero Jeremy McGovern. How good was he in the last quarter? Decisive. Clean.Yeo was dumb but he is still big and can get it. Have the Dogwick Duds got ay of them? Dusty B Bear? Did he get 4 kicks? OMG.

Did you see Dogwick's face in camera in the last quarter? Mmm. The key to life is to have good people around you. Luck largely decides that. Largely.

There's poetry here. GCS got four players through their academy as Dogwick joined - 2023. A rebuild in a year with Leonardo Lombard to come this year and Zeke Uwland next.

Old Broken Toys Richmond just about iced pick 1, 2 or 3 with the WCE win. (NB F/S Ashcroft may go #1.) Huge picks. And Broken Toys may yet trade into a few more. And ATM it looks like GCS's 2023 picks are kinda projecty. And RFC's this year might be more complete. And even more plentiful. Maybe. There is poetry around. Beauty of balance.
His teams still struggle to win the close ones. Lucky we were that good most of our games were decisive

Reactions: 2 users
Might blow a gasket and or snatch it before his shiny new toys get old enough and strong and good enough to do a RFC.