Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I have a different take on this. Dimma was clearly cooked when he left Richmond, and his behaviour was erratic. He obviously struggled to deal with the fall post our era, and all the rumours about him being challenged by the players about his authenticity post his split/divorce must have impacted him.

I think he was right to leave the club and to take time off. I think he has made the mistake of not stepping away for at least a full year. AFL coaching is a pretty brutal job.

His outburst still shows signs of mental fatigue (illness?). Very unprofessional and out of line.

Dimma will always be my hero, and I am sad to see this unfold. It wouldn't surprise me to see his time at the Gold Coast end abruptly and in tears.
Jeez, that's a very kind spin IMO. Mental illness?

Dimma left his wife and footy club for the shiny new young thing. I'd be mentally tired if I was banging some young thing behind my wifes back.

BTW I have no problem with older guys chasing younger girls, good luck to them. Look at Bill Belicheck! But let's not feel too sorry for the guy, he has made his choices, and right now he is living with a girl half his age on the gold coast coaching arguably the best young list in the AFL and getting paid over $1M annually for the privilege.

That ain't a sad story TF2017.

PS - Sad is Lefau doing his knee after looking like he could make a fist of an AFL career.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
The rot set in after the 2020 premiership year.
The off season of 20/21 was destabilising for coach, player and club.
2021 should’ve have been a wrap for coach and club.
Granted he was instrumental in our flags but hubris took over Damien.
He’s the GCS person now…
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Damian Hardwick, Gold Coast coach press conference. -“I’m angry, to be fair,’’ he said. “As a footy club, we’ve got to grow the f--- up, to be perfectly honest Excuse the language.”
AFL response-“ All good. Nothing to see here”

Damian Hardwick. Richmond coach press conference - “I’m angry, to be fair,’’ he said. “As a footy club, we’ve got to grow the f--- up, to be perfectly honest Excuse the language.”
AFL response- “We are extremely disappointed that an elder statesman of the coaching fraternity has resorted to such vile language. It’s disgraceful and sets a bad example to all our fans. There is no place for such a disgusting display at the media conference. As a result, Richmond will be fined $100,000 with half suspended but to implemented should such an abhorrent display occur again. Also, Hardwick will be suspended for 3 matches”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dimma left his wife and footy club for the shiny new young thing. I'd be mentally tired if I was banging some young thing behind my wifes back.

BTW I have no problem with older guys chasing younger girls, good luck to them. Look at Bill Belicheck! But let's not feel too sorry for the guy, he has made his choices, and right now he is living with a girl half his age on the gold coast coaching arguably the best young list in the AFL and getting paid over $1M annually for the privilege.

PS - Sad is Lefau doing his knee after looking like he could make a fist of an AFL career.
Tha'ts a pretty disrespectful take on a relationship you know next to nothing about. and pretty disrespectful about a woman again you know nothing about.

Reactions: 1 user
I look the sun's nothing has changed under Dimma let's be honest. There is no Balme ,Gale or Penny their either.

Damian Hardwick, Gold Coast coach press conference. -“I’m angry, to be fair,’’ he said. “As a footy club, we’ve got to grow the f--- up, to be perfectly honest Excuse the language.”
AFL response-“ All good. Nothing to see here”

Damian Hardwick. Richmond coach press conference - “I’m angry, to be fair,’’ he said. “As a footy club, we’ve got to grow the f--- up, to be perfectly honest Excuse the language.”
AFL response- “We are extremely disappointed that an elder statesman of the coaching fraternity has resorted to such vile language. It’s disgraceful and sets a bad example to all our fans. There is no place for such a disgusting display at the media conference. As a result, Richmond will be fined $100,000 with half suspended but to implemented should such an abhorrent display occur again. Also, Hardwick will be suspended for 3 matches”

I think you forgot the bit about how the fine will come off our soft cap!

As for the faux furore over Dimma's language, what can I say? FFS we are not living in a convent, we live in Australia where saying *smile* every second sentence is pretty *smile* common. The commentariat need to either HTFU (along with the Sun's players) or stop bullshitting us that this somehow an issue. How often do they drop the f bomb when the cameras are turned off?

Bunch of drop kicks.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Tha'ts a pretty disrespectful take on a relationship you know next to nothing about. and pretty disrespectful about a woman again you know nothing about.
I am sure she loves Bill.

• Haha

My point was the guy was cooked. Should have had a >year off.

But rant away.

I’m personally not reading much into his language.

He was super annoyed, and now that he’s working for the establishment isn’t so concerned about expressing some of his rage.

Whereas when he was at the Tiges he knew it would have cost him $25K

Reactions: 5 users
I think you forgot the bit about how the fine will come off our soft cap!

As for the faux furore over Dimma's language, what can I say? FFS we are not living in a convent, we live in Australia where saying *smile* every second sentence is pretty *smile* common. The commentariat need to either HTFU (along with the Sun's players) or stop bullshitting us that this somehow an issue. How often do they drop the f bomb when the cameras are turned off?

Bunch of drop kicks.

DS
Yeah *smile* em

My point was the guy was cooked. Should have had a >year off.

But rant away.
I disagree. I think the move was a little more sophisticated. I do not feel sorry for him. Unsure why anyone would. I empathise with people encountering real problems. Real struggles, often created by circumstances beyond their control. Dimma has been very much in control of his own destiny.

Reactions: 1 users
Divorce your wife then look for another woman. Don't do it they other way round.
Pretty disrespectful to Mrs Hardwick and their kids I'd have thought. Especially when they were home in lockdowns.

Reactions: 4 users
Divorce your wife then look for another woman. Don't do it they other way round.
Pretty disrespectful to Mrs Hardwick and their kids I'd have thought. Especially when they were home in lockdowns.
Not sure what planet B17 lives on. Older, wealthy, successful married man chases younger woman. Good luck to him and good luck to her. How that is disresepectful?

Good luck to hooch if he prefers the new, I was simply responding to a poster who somehow feels sorry for where hooch is at. Why the hell would you feel sorry for him? He is doing what he loves and getting paid a lot of money to do it living in a very nice part of the world (weather wise at least).

It's on the record that Chimp felt the hooch affair derailed our 2021 season.

Reactions: 2 users
If Barnaby is a philanderer what is hooch?

All of the things you listed doesn't mean he isn't living with mental illness. These kind of dismissive comments aren't helpful in the mental health crises we have in Australia, irrespective of status.

Not sure what planet B17 lives on. Older, wealthy, successful married man chases younger woman. Good luck to him and good luck to her. How that is disresepectful?
"Shiny new young thing" - great way to objectify and disempower a woman.
Do you know he chased her? - again you are talking about a woman as if she is an object.

I suggest not commenting on a relationship you really know nothing about, and that involves a person you know nothing about.

• Wow