Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

He’s lived up to his initials a bit in the last few months but we have lost many favorite sons to money. No big deal. Nice triple premiership legacy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I still get annoyed when I remember Dimma said he was burned out then a couple of weeks later a big money offer comes in and he is fine again. I would have preferred it if he had just said he didn't want to coach the Tigers anymore and then move on

Reactions: 5 users
I still get annoyed when I remember Dimma said he was burned out then a couple of weeks later a big money offer comes in and he is fine again. I would have preferred it if he had just said he didn't want to coach the Tigers anymore and then move on
You get annoyed someone left a job where he'd brought a lot of success but it was clearly time for change, then went to a new job with a better pay packet?
Wouldnt you do the same?
Never thought of leaving a job or heard of someone else leaving?

Reactions: 2 users
As soon as he didn't have superstars in form and on the park his true colours came out. Like trying to putt with a 3 wood.

Wish him nothing but failure at GC.

Edit: Geez I sound like a tool. I am grateful for what Dimma did for us and how he kept it all together and gave our players an environment they could shine in. he had their back for the majority of it.
Good on ya JK.
Takes a fair bit of guts to write that.

We dont need to be tools about it, and can be grateful for Dimma and the success we all got to share

I don’t know why it happened that way but it just doesn’t feel right to me. Coaches don’t just suddenly decide to leave in the middle of a season, it doesn’t happen.
But it did
I’m just saying that it all grates on me a bit, the way Dimma just acts and talks. It’s sort of like dumping your wife of many years and bragging about your new young girlfriend.
If it doesn’t grate on others that’s fine
See this is what I feel is disingenuous. Talking about Dimma and his job at the Tigers and comparing it to a girlfriend, or shiny pretty things or we feel cheated on that he left the tigers.

Its conflating his relationships with his profession. As if splitting from the wife is akin to leaving his role at RFC.
And suggesting there is a moral issue.

What doesnt feel right is that we have an emotional investment in a football club which has professional employees.
There is a tension there.

Clearly part of Dimmas job is to promote the Suns. Some of what he says will not sound like a Tiger coach, or a tiger fan.

Lets be grateful for the success without hating on people not at Richmond

Reactions: 6 users
See this is what I feel is disingenuous. Talking about Dimma and his job at the Tigers and comparing it to a girlfriend, or shiny pretty things or we feel cheated on that he left the tigers.

Its conflating his relationships with his profession. As if splitting from the wife is akin to leaving his role at RFC.
And suggesting there is a moral issue.
My post had nothing to do with his marriage break up, I was using a metaphor
Richmond the dumped ex wife, the suns the new young girlfriend.

‘Gold Coast Man’ doesn’t have the ring as ‘Richmond Man’ does it?

It sounds like a soft drink commercial

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Dimma “ struts “ around the Gold Coast like he owns the joint . In for a big shock come March 9th !!! Tiges will stick it right up him . Wait and see 😉

You get annoyed someone left a job where he'd brought a lot of success but it was clearly time for change, then went to a new job with a better pay packet?
Wouldnt you do the same?
Never thought of leaving a job or heard of someone else leaving?
I prefer people to be up front about a job especially when there were rumours going around about the Sun's job

Reactions: 1 user
If ever there was a thread suffering from The Abyss, this is it.
Redford if you go back to my original post I think some are taking far more out of it that what I actually said.
My post was about an emotional reaction, that what he was saying and the circumstances of him leaving just grate on me. I wasn’t questioning his role in our great period between 17-20 and I am not sure anyone else is in the latest round of posts.
If it doesn’t grate on you and others thats terrific, good on you, but it doesn’t change the way I and many others feel about it.
What happened is unprecedented, supporters are entitled to express their concern about it. Footy is emotional and supporting a team is emotional, we have personal reactions to things.

Reactions: 3 users
Redford if you go back to my original post I think some are taking far more out of it that what I actually said.
My post was about an emotional reaction, that what he was saying and the circumstances of him leaving just grate on me. I wasn’t questioning his role in our great period between 17-20 and I am not sure anyone else is in the latest round of posts.
If it doesn’t grate on you and others thats terrific, good on you, but it doesn’t change the way I and many others feel about it.
What happened is unprecedented, supporters are entitled to express their concern about it. Footy is emotional and supporting a team is emotional, we have personal reactions to things.
I get your frustration. But I don’t think he planned the whole GC move, although no doubt he had thought about it because he likes the joint and the lifestyle.

I think the timing of his departure was cumulative frustration and disbelief at what was happening on field, and that 2023 was a loss (no Last Dance) after the horrible Essendon loss.

I think it started with the Arc. He truly believed we could have won that flag in 2022 and to be robbed of an opportunity the way we were - that takes some getting over.

The Geelong loss earlier in the year in 2022 when Stewart decimated our best player, was probably the conception of everything - because the Arc robbed us of our revenge and he truly believed we could have beaten them.

Anyway he parked what turned out to be a wasted year and set sail into 2023 - by basically not turning up to pre-season. So maybe he didn’t park it so well.
Then Lynchy goes down and we have several heartbreaking losses and it just got too much for him - cumulative disbelief for an ultra-competitive beast..
All I am focused on now is Yze and hopefully winning games. Not really fussed what Dimma does or how much he earns.!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I prefer people to be up front about a job especially when there were rumours going around about the Sun's job
Maybe he was?
But to his boss. If i remember it right Benny Gale had had discussions with Dimma before the exit.

I reckon I can confidently say it’s you that’s taking more out of it.