Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Yeah the bloke that counted the stats won us the flag in 17 and the bloke that sat next Hardwick won us the flag in 19 and the bloke that left today won us the flag in 20.
Have a stock take sale and clear them all out.
I thought I heard everything but now Hardwick wants Danny Daley too.
Wasn't he responsible for the final losses in 13 and 14??
He can fight the old codger for the services of Daly, if he wants him.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been a massive defender of Dimma and his legacy at RFC. Whatever he says or does now he was the coach when the club gave me some of the best times of my footy supporting life.
I have to say now that despite that he is starting to annoy me. I just don’t like the way this has happened and the things that come out of his mouth. There is something not genuine about the whole thing that I can’t put my finger on.
I really want us to beat them in round zero, somehow there would be a little bit of kharma attached to it.
Maybe I am being unfair but it’s starting to grate on me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
I am have been a massive defender of Dimma and his legacy at RFC. Whatever he says or does now he was the coach when the club gave me some of the best times of my footy supporting life.
I have to say now that despite that he his starting to annoy me. I just don’t like that way this has happened and the things that come out of his mouth. There is something not genuine about the whole thing that I can’t put my finger on.
I really want us to beat them in round zero, somehow there would be a little bit of kharma attached to it.

I have to admit I'm the same.

Reactions: 2 users
Dimma will be a Richmond legend after he retires from the AFL. Until then he's now just the coach of the team we have to beat in round 'zero' (geez that's a shiit idea).

Reactions: 13 users
I am have been a massive defender of Dimma and his legacy at RFC. Whatever he says or does now he was the coach when the club gave me some of the best times of my footy supporting life.
I have to say now that despite that he is starting to annoy me. I just don’t like the way this has happened and the things that come out of his mouth. There is something not genuine about the whole thing that I can’t put my finger on.
Spent a lot of his time at Richmond fighting the AFL, now he just rolls over and lets them rub his tummy. He’s not doing his reputation any favours. Going down the Sheedy road.

He's pressuring himself now by saying finals or bust. This could be a good laugh at end of season.

Last edited:
Dimma will be a Richmond legend after he retires from the AFL. Until then he's now just the coach of the team we have to beat in round 'zero' (geez that's a shiit idea).
The AFL - The Elite Sports Organisation :unsure: that brings you round 0 and outdoes that stupidity with 7 Quarters??? in a game.

FMD talk about a cluster ................................................................

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I hope we beat them I dont care how as long as we beat them and pisss all over their parade and the AFLs contrived BS
The AFL will be crying in their sleep if they lose that game.

They rely on us to fill their stadiums but want to *smile* in our pockets at the same time.

Reactions: 8 users
You and thousands of others , this poaching of staunch RFc people is a bit rich , were they no longer welcome I’d doubt it , they were poached ,,,*smile* dimma and the horse he rode in on

Reactions: 1 user
A quote from his interview with Tim Watson…

“This is going to sound a little bit arrogant but I was a three-time premiership coach that had walked away from the game and all of a sudden you’ve probably created a market,” he said.

Still drinking his own bath water. Watson said on SEN Hardwick missed the hands on side of coaching. Interesting considering he pissed off overseas until late Jan/early Feb last year and left all the coaching to everyone else. Don’t get me wrong I will always be appreciative of what he did for our club but the 2020 hub affair and now ditching us mid year last year, and basically stuffing most of our year up, only to land a new job within 3 months, has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Seeing his smug face just pisses me off now

Reactions: 14 users
I'm gonna try and never post in this thread again until Dimma retires from coaching..... football has, and always will remain very tribal for me, which is why I *smile* hate Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Geelong, with quite possibly too much passion!

Hardwick now works wholly and solely for the AFL, and I don’t care how he wants to spin it..... he's a bit of a shifty prick on how he went about it.
I dunno... does Damien think we're all a bunch of knuckleheads?

Anything else I ever want to post about him will be kept strictly to the Opposition discussion thread.... rant concluded.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
A quote from his interview with Tim Watson…

“This is going to sound a little bit arrogant but I was a three-time premiership coach that had walked away from the game and all of a sudden you’ve probably created a market,” he said.

Still drinking his own bath water. Watson said on SEN Hardwick missed the hands on side of coaching. Interesting considering he pissed off overseas until late Jan/early Feb last year and left all the coaching to everyone else. Don’t get me wrong I will always be appreciative of what he did for our club but the 2020 hub affair and now ditching us mid year last year, and basically stuffing most of our year up, only to land a new job within 3 months, has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Seeing his smug face just pisses me off now
I can't stop feeling sorry for Danielle.

Reactions: 6 users
Seems am in a dwindling group, but still don't have a bad thing come to mind when think about Dimma.

He gave 14 years. Longest in our history. He can't stay forever - it was time.

Good on him up there. Hope he does well - Just not against us.

He's an amazing coach so odds on to succeed.

Reactions: 21 users
Seems am in a dwindling group, but still don't have a bad thing come to mind when think about Dimma.

He gave 14 years. Longest in our history. He can't stay forever - it was time.

Good on him up there. Hope he does well - Just not against us.

He's an amazing coach so odds on to succeed.
Agree.

Football fans being football fans, in 10 years time when he’s done coaching, everyone will be talking about how great he was, fantastic for us, legend…. blah blah.

Reactions: 6 users