Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Has to be finals and a win.
Personally, I hope they crash and burn and turn on him.

Reactions: 6 users
I hope he fails at the Suns and the RFC then pinch some of his fancy toys (y)

F#$%# the AFL

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Let me guess, which club has a brand spanking new coach that has never previously coached his own team before & therefore would be on minimum chips , so the 20% might be worth say $60k outside the cap ?

FFS the hate is real
Let’s front end his contract.
Got to beat them at their own game

Reactions: 3 users
Gold Coast has a coach, 7. Paid for by the AFL. GWS too these days. I'm not so confident of the fall.
They give them all the draft picks in the world and they still couldn’t do it.

Can’t buy cultural. Have to build and make the yourself

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Dimma will go OK at GC.
This is like when Malthouse went from Footscary to WC.
Full of talented kids but coached by duds.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
They give them all the draft picks in the world and they still couldn’t do it.

Can’t buy cultural. Have to build and make the yourself
We'll have a pretty clear view by mid next season, 7. I don't think much of their midfield stocks but they'll attend to that over time. Just a reshape will improve them.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be interesting to see how these kids who were all super stars at u18 level will take to performing "a role" for the team!

Maybe that will be his biggest achillies heel, convincing 18 year olds who think they're the next Dustin Martin to play on a flank and run both ways to fill space and apply pressure.

At some point during a game, particulary when the pressure really mounts, these types will want to ball hunt.

I'm guessing it's easier to get players who were picked late in the draft, or scraped through the rookie draft to do things like this! We had a lot of those types, some who were better players than a lot of these kids will ever be !

Reactions: 6 users
Will be interesting to see how these kids who were all super stars at u18 level will take to performing "a role" for the team!

Maybe that will be his biggest achillies heel, convincing 18 year olds who think they're the next Dustin Martin to play on a flank and run both ways to fill space and apply pressure.

At some point during a game, particulary when the pressure really mounts, these types will want to ball hunt.

I'm guessing it's easier to get players who were picked late in the draft, or scraped through the rookie draft to do things like this! We had a lot of those types, some who were better players than a lot of these kids will ever be !
At least they will have a 3 time premiership coach telling them what it takes now. If they wont listen to Hardwick on the value of playing a role, they wont listen to anyone.

Reactions: 2 users
What would a pass mark be for Hardwick in his first year as coach?

For me it has to be finals.
I reckon 11/12 wins, a decent % and reasonably consistent football. Whether or not that ends in finals.
Also worth noting they may struggle early while they adjust to playing a style of football that will stand up when it counts.

Might take Dimma n the Mold Coast a season or two to get all their *smile* properly sorted. Won't surprise me at all if they start seriously challenging from 2026 onward. Their list ain't too bad n they've got a massive bone arse of 3 or 4 elite young locals to add to the team this draft.

Might take Dimma n the Mold Coast a season or two to get all their *smile* properly sorted. Won't surprise me at all if they start seriously challenging from 2026 onward. Their list ain't too bad n they've got a massive bone arse of 3 or 4 elite young locals to add to the team this draft.
AFL will help them along the way

AFL will help them along the way
Yeah to please their 15 members.
Which 14 don't give a toss if they win or lose.
The club should be given another 5 yrs if it doesn't make the 8 and become a quality/hard to beat side the AFL needs to shut them down.

Richmond had a history and culture to build upon to make us feared and respected again. Suns have no history, little culture and little support so to build that club into one to be respected will take many years if at all

Richmond had a history and culture to build upon to make us feared and respected again. Suns have no history, little culture and little support so to build that club into one to be respected will take many years if
The people that follow Richmond live and die for the jumper.
You will never say that about any GC supporter.

Reactions: 2 users
I reckon Dimma will go OK at GC.
This is like when Malthouse went from Footscary to WC.
Full of talented kids but coached by duds.
He ll go ok but that short of being a premiership coach , sporting sides located on the GC are at a disadvantage when it comes down to building elite performance sporting culture , it just doesn’t happen