Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I have no issue with Dimmas response to the dons loss.
My only gripe is that it was 18 months too late.
What did he say after all those other chokes?
Especially the 2022 elimination loss?! We should have won another flag.
The rot was in well before this loss.

Reactions: 3 users
Time to stop kicking Hardwick, move on and fully concentrate on the demise of Salty Scotty down at Frogs Hollow.

So much more fun!

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
This is a comment from Dimma in May 2022, “I’ve ridden a journey at this footy club and there comes a time where my journey ends”. Writing was clearly on the wall, we just refused to believe the possibility of this occurring.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
What would a pass mark be for Hardwick in his first year as coach?

For me it has to be finals.

Reactions: 2 users

Definitely finals. History shows it takes a team a few years of finals before they become genuine contenders. GCS need to start producing now.

Reactions: 1 user
GCS 9-14 91% in 2023. 15th. 3.5 games and 20% out of the eight. Currently $34 for the flag. Hmm. No prices for the eight.

No incoming senior players. (If anything they've lost a 2024 player in Hollands.) But FOUR incoming teens who will at least be blooded. Of them only Walter shapes as a likely fixture in the ones but that is something. Roberts might find himself at HBF, or possibly FP.

We'll get hard information when we see the way Hardwick reshapes them onfield. He'll be tweaking that all year an after that he'll punt some of the many offcuts who they currently field.

GCS look well found in early 2024 markets at this stage. Not a lot of value atm. The value will come if they go very risky early on, that is - total reshape. I think they will. Hardwick will keep something in the tank. He will not be playing for May Champion Syndrome. They may start a little slowly. Hmmm. I'd hold my GCS for the final eight bets until the preseason. Or maybe even mid season.

Measuring Hardwick's success at GCS? He's planning for a premiership in say 2027. There's money along the way.

Reactions: 3 users
This latest bs by the AFL of paying snr coaches outside the cap to accommodate their franchise up north has me seething. Such a bent competition.

Gold Coast: Excuse me AFL, we want to appoint Hardwick as our coach. He's really expensive and we don't have enough room in our soft cap. Can you pay him ambassadorial money like you helped us with for Gablett?

AFL: No, that would look too unfair for the other teams. How about we let you keep 20% of his salary out of the soft cap? We will extend it to everyone so it looks fair.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Gold Coast: Excuse me AFL, we want to appoint Hardwick as our coach. He's really expensive and we don't have enough room in our soft cap. Can you pay him ambassadorial money like you helped us with for Gablett?

AFL: No, that would look too unfair for the other teams. How about we let you keep 20% of his salary out of the soft cap? We will extend it to everyone so it looks fair.
You nailed it, BT.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Especially if "80% premiership players are already there".....has to be aware on what he says.
Has to be the Grand Final at least with that quote.
If he said a higher figure then nothing less than a flag would be acceptable

Reactions: 1 users
This latest bs by the AFL of paying snr coaches outside the cap to accommodate their franchise up north has me seething. Such a bent competition.
Let me guess, which club has a brand spanking new coach that has never previously coached his own team before & therefore would be on minimum chips , so the 20% might be worth say $60k outside the cap ?

FFS the hate is real

Reactions: 5 users