Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

The claims of suicidal thoughts due to hub and media complaints will not go down well with average punters who lost alot more due to lockdowns etc .
Love our skip but sometimes silence is golden.
His wife never read the room on this try losing a business or a friend to suicide

Reactions: 1 users
His wife never read the room on this try losing a business or a friend to suicide

Emotions are what they are even if bundled in entitlement.

Self awareness would have said to keep this to a close circle though.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get me wrong, I expect things like this in AFL. I haven't had anyone speak to me anywhere near like this
in 25? years of a professional career. Outside footy - this would likely get you fired. Not sure why folks think it's
OK in a workplace in this day and age, just because they're footballers?

You think many Millenials are up for this type of stuff?
A lot more raw emotion in competitive sports compared to the workplace.

Much harder speak the king’s English using proper etiquette when the adrenaline, anger and frustration is flowing through your veins.

Emotions are what they are even if bundled in entitlement.

Self awareness would have said to keep this to a close circle though.
This. Mental health is an issue for all levels of society, wealthy or not.

But do agree it’s distasteful and maybe something that didn’t need to be mentioned.

one of the great things to learn in life is when to keep your mouth shut

Reactions: 4 users
This all reinforces for me that Dimma should have called time at the end of 2022.
He coached in 2023 with revenge and payback. He hates the way we ended our season in 2022. We were playing high quality football in the last 6 weeks of the year.
We just seemed out of gas this year.

This all reinforces for me that Dimma should have called time at the end of 2022.
In hindsight no doubt Dimma would agree with you. This outburst obviously was the last straw and he had to acknowledge that his time was up. However it doesn’t diminish what he achieved with the club and this is nothing more than a very minor hiccup in his time at Richmond.

Reactions: 17 users
Was burnt out, this shows it. The message is fine, the delivery is not. Thats how you know it was burnout.

The Essendon side was full of spuds and we couldn’t beat them, that’s a statement of facts.

“ If you live in the past you die in the future- Adem Yze.

Reactions: 7 users
This. Mental health is an issue for all levels of society, wealthy or not.

But do agree it’s distasteful and maybe something that didn’t need to be mentioned.
one of the great things to learn in life is when to keep your mouth shut
On the flipside being open and honest about suicidal thoughts / mental health issues might help others to discuss it.
Its certainly in keeping with the Richmond mantra.
Is it a generation thing? You want to keep it quiet while modern day young adults will share it

Was burnt out, this shows it. The message is fine, the delivery is not. Thats how you know it was burnout.

The Essendon side was full of spuds and we couldn’t beat them, that’s a statement of facts.

“ If you live in the past you die in the future- Adem Yze.
Did we sign up Adem Yze or Adem Pattison?
A poet and he didn't even know it.

On the flipside being open and honest about suicidal thoughts / mental health issues might help others to discuss it.
Is it a generation thing? You want to keep it quiet while modern day young adults will share it
true thing Dell. some of my circle share and we are 'older', but I wouldn't put it in a book.
it's the price of fame partly, that you know people get off on it.
Mental health is a horrible thing, something we all experience, and sometimes we bring it on ourselves with bad decision making.

Don't get me wrong, I expect things like this in AFL. I haven't had anyone speak to me anywhere near like this
in 25? years of a professional career. Outside footy - this would likely get you fired. Not sure why folks think it's
OK in a workplace in this day and age, just because they're footballers?

You think many Millenials are up for this type of stuff?
Sorry general, but I think most normal workplaces are hardly "elite" environments. What you get in elite environments are people pushing and happy to be pushed to extremes. Novak hardly calls time on a training session because it's part of his award conditions.

Elite performers generally have an ability to cope under stress/pressure that is not found in the average workplace. And still produce. I always find it ridiculous that people compare the AFL environment to the average workplace.

BTW I wouldn't expect that kind of behaviour or language in a normal workplace either.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry general, but I think most normal workplaces are hardly "elite" environments. What you get in elite environments are people pushing and happy to be pushed to extremes. Novak hardly calls time on a training session because it's part of his award conditions.

Elite performers generally have an ability to cope under stress/pressure that is not found in the average workplace. And still produce. I always find it ridiculous that people compare the AFL environment to the average workplace.

BTW I wouldn't expect that kind of behaviour or language in a normal workplace either.
I'm talking from a workplace legislation MD. They wouldn't be any different. They don't have workplace laws for AFL (or elite sport), then for everyone else.
In any case, time to move on from Dimma. Tired of hearing about him. Much rather hear about Yze and what he can bring.

I'm talking from a workplace legislation MD. They wouldn't be any different. They don't have workplace laws for AFL (or elite sport), then for everyone else.
In any case, time to move on from Dimma. Tired of hearing about him. Much rather hear about Yze and what he can bring.

Footballers would hear things on the field that they wouldn't hear in a workplace. It's a different environment and you'd expect them to handle a bake from a coach. They'd definitely hear worse on the ground when an opponent tries to get under their skin.

Unless these days the chitter chatter between players is more about how many followers they have on social media..

Can just imagine the unions loving getting involved in elite sporting environments. Everything would be cancelled. Too hot, Too cold. Ground not mowed properly. Not enough toilet paper in the dunnies. Sunscreen proviuded not high enough UV....it would be an endless procession of strikes, blockaided games etc etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
From me it’s not a generation thing as I’m younger than the Cotchins.
I don’t disagree discussing issues can help others but in the circumstances of the comments I don’t think they will help anyone.