Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Anyone who doesnt think this happens every other week with other teams is kidding themselves.

Can you imaging what opposition coaches were saying during our crap periods if we were beating their teams.

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder what chris scott said about us in the final in 2017, again in prem final 2019 and grand final 2020? he still believed we were crap. Up yours chris.

a couple of things

1) I don't have any issue at all with what Hardwick said at the last post-match - the fact he's only delivered ONE such bake (according to Cotchin) is testament to his patience and professionalism. On top of all that - Hardwick was spot on and was only expressing what everyone connected to the club would've been feeling.

2) It's unfortunate that this excerpt is one of the "beats" in Cotchin's publicity campaign. Hardwick would've delivered countless beautiful, inspiring speeches in his time at Richmond but of course we must focus on the most salacious. Shame.
Excalty. There is properly 100's of the good speeches but the media could use, but they get the one that he was negative in.

Reactions: 3 users
Cotchy might sell a few extra books, but the Richmond man ethos takes a bit of a hiding. No need to air the dirty linen.

Reading all that in context and with him subsequently pulling the pin, it isn't actually all that bad.
He was well over it by then and should have finished up end of 22, (if the reports of him getting the wobbles during 22 are true).

Reactions: 1 user
Reading all that in context and with him subsequently pulling the pin, it isn't actually all that bad.
I reckon he was busting much earlier, maybe after the fARC up in 2022 and finally broke after this season's Dreamtime loss.

Hasn’t done much wrong in my eyes. Gets too much heat in here.

Having said that, he’s a fascinating watch next year. Not really fussed if he succeeds or fails - I just want fireworks, baby

• Haha
Yeah, not a big deal. Fair enough going all retro 70s Barassi is an indicator of losing it, being cooked or the gloss coming off or whatever, its not a big deal in itself. And even then, its not the first time, pre or post peace and love Dimma, that he's let his nice guy guard down.

None of this is really a criticism BTW, footy is still footy, while I think the SNAG vulnerability model is a good one, objectively as it turns out, its tough at times to balance it with the requirements to be brutally aggressive and competitive.

He lost it years ago. Dimma rested on his morals signs there. Didn't innovate or make hard calls. All these trips to America preseason for learning seemed strange to.

He lost it years ago. Dimma rested on his morals signs there. Didn't innovate or make hard calls. All these trips to America preseason for learning seemed strange to.
rested on his morals is a good one. I'm going to use that

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone who doesnt think this happens every other week with other teams is kidding themselves.

Can you imaging what opposition coaches were saying during our crap periods if we were beating their teams.
Exactly, while coaches and players speak the socially acceptable speak of "we respect the Essendon football club" in public but you know that behind closed doors they'll be speaking their mind honestly "Essendon are a bunch of spuds".

Reactions: 1 user
He looks healthier than he has looked over the last couple of years, I think the change will be good for him.

That's *smile* poor in 2023. I'd perhaps expect that in 1985, but not 2023.

Glad he's gone, and can play with his new toys. I hope it implodes spectacularly up there.
There's a lot of things poor in 2023. A coach speaking like that barely registers on the "poor" scale.

Reactions: 2 users

Yeh, do posters forget who the coaches audience is? Hardly Uni of Oxford alumni.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users