Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Hmmm.
This & the piece about Brooke in the news today - getting the feeling that Cotch might be sharing a little too much information.

Reactions: 4 users
Dimma may well be off to a busy start at the Suns, he,ll bring in 3 young guns and could easily clear the decks of the list cloggers who are out of contract there: Blakely, Tsitas, Constable, Stein, Anderson, Day. Add that to the probably trading off of Chol, Sharp, Burgess and Hollands and he may well turn over a quarter of the list in his first off season.
Thats how you build your own list.

Suns are in a great position to add to their growing stocks of quality juniors and established senior incumbants.

The AFL will step in to assist their rise into finals I have no doubt whatsoever...........even if it is subtle.

Reactions: 1 users
We lost that game by a point the night Dimma spat the dummy with the players. This is who suited up..

No surprise he pulled the pin soon after , appears unhinged at that point , straight out of the mark neeld play book , great way to polarize the playing group from the coach

Reactions: 2 users
No surprise he pulled the pin soon after , appears unhinged at that point , straight out of the mark neeld play book , great way to polarize the playing group from the coach
Not much different to telling a player it's people like you who get coaches sacked.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmmm.
This & the piece about Brooke in the news today - getting the feeling that Cotch might be sharing a little too much information.
All in house. Should be Kept in house.
He has team mates that he captained still playing.
Release the book when everyone has finished.
He retired 2 weeks ago when did he already write a book??
You don't see Hodge or Selwood writing books.
The book seems spiteful.

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure Cotchin and dimma were as close as we think they where .

Can’t see how that is going to improve after these revelations .

was clearly time for dimma to move on , just wish he had done it 6 months earlier so we could have kept Kingsley .

In any case don’t like this stuff coming out so cotch can sell a book

Poor form imho

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
The claims of suicidal thoughts due to hub and media complaints will not go down well with average punters who lost alot more due to lockdowns etc .
Love our skip but sometimes silence is golden.

Reactions: 6 users
Some things shouldn't be made public
He couldve written the book how we went from the laughing stock to the unbeatable.
The way we improved..
The conversations...
The belief in the group.
Playing alongside the greatest player in the modern era.
He didn't need to detail the demise of the club and coach.
Fingers crossed that the shiit that has been released is a very small portion in the book.

*hopefully now we get the truth who told him to kick into the wind

Last edited:
I have pre ordered the book and look forward to reading it. The publicity he has got over the weekend shows he is very honest and wants me to read the book more.

Reactions: 1 user
All in house. Should be Kept in house.
He has team mates that he captained still playing.
Release the book when everyone has finished.
He retired 2 weeks ago when did he already write a book??
You don't see Hodge or Selwood writing books.
The book seems spiteful.
Bit of summer reading for ya Zips:

1697973153216.jpeg
1697973179430.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
a couple of things

1) I don't have any issue at all with what Hardwick said at the last post-match - the fact he's only delivered ONE such bake (according to Cotchin) is testament to his patience and professionalism. On top of all that - Hardwick was spot on and was only expressing what everyone connected to the club would've been feeling.

2) It's unfortunate that this excerpt is one of the "beats" in Cotchin's publicity campaign. Hardwick would've delivered countless beautiful, inspiring speeches in his time at Richmond but of course we must focus on the most salacious. Shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Doesnt seem like Dimma is much of a chef. Couldn't work out another way to cook the sausages at Punt Rd, and couldn't get them to be better than Spuds.
Guess he's a bangers and mash type of guy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t believe Dimma said Essendon were a bunch of spuds. Now if he said they were a bunch of incredible spuds I would.

I actually thought it was a ripper spray! Couldnt have said it to a nicer opposition. Gotta love it!
I think it also showed at that point that Dimma also realised this group wasnt going to do it for him anymore.