Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

F me, I was driving home last night on the Tulla, and there's a huge billboard across the freeway outbound.....

"Not everyone moves to the Gold Coast to retire" and this blokes head in his red Polo shirt. I think it was for Hostplus.
Very annoyed now I have to look at this many times a week.

Any truth to the rumour that Dan Andrews saw this billboard and has now resigned as premier, citing burn out as a factor, only seeking to become Premier of the Gold Coast?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Any truth to the rumour that Dan Andrews saw this billboard and has now resigned as premier, citing burn out as a factor, only seeking to become Premier of the Gold Coast?
On the money BrisVegas.

Truth is Dictator Dan and Beavis are in the same club.
The Broadbeach Bridge and Bingo Club that is.

Legs11.

• Haha
bubbling along.
shane from Carlton thinks it was smoke and mirrors.
Whisper Talking GIF by NBC

Sam to Hardwick on Frontbar… ‘do you think the Gold Coast fan will travel to Marvel?’ Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
You can see Mick asking/saying things to Dimma in a quietly spiteful way.

Nah, he is playing.
Real Richmond people don't hold any anger towards Hardwick.
It was time for change. And alot have accepted it.
He wasn't a good game day coach.
He needed to change and with the help of Carcella McCrae & Leppich he changed and embraced the players and allowed them to play to there strengths and the wins came and along with the flags.
Hardwick is a Richmond legend.
He has completed his job at Richmond.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

No he wasn't. All 100% for show and in jest.

They know each other pretty well and will have been exactly the same as before once the cameras went off.

Reactions: 9 users
Please don’t wish Dan on the Gold Coast
Moved family up here to get away from the rubbish and live a normal life .

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Very grateful for Dimma's service at Richmond.

I don't want him to succeed at GC however.

Reactions: 5 users
No he wasn't. All 100% for show and in jest.

They know each other pretty well and will have been exactly the same as before once the cameras went off.
Spiteful might be a harsh example, but you can see the undertones. Most of us all have now against him. Might be all sarcastic and humorous early on, but if it continues it can lead to a hatred. It's already growing on here.

Last edited:
Spiteful might be a harsh example, but you can see the undertones. Most of us all have now against him. Might be all sarcastic and humorous early on, but if it continues it can lead to a hatred. It's already growing on here.
Nah TF. When it’s all done and dusted and Hardwick is done with coaching his true love will always be the yellow and black.

Reactions: 5 users
Nah, he is playing.
Real Richmond people don't hold any anger towards Hardwick.
It was time for change. And alot have accepted it.
He wasn't a good game day coach.
He needed to change and with the help of Carcella McCrae & Leppich he changed and embraced the players and allowed them to play to there strengths and the wins came and along with the flags.
Hardwick is a Richmond legend.
He has completed his job at Richmond.
I agree with that no accident in 2017 we got the best assistant coaches out there and the best footy boss Balme who put everything in place that gets underestimated the people below him.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with that no accident in 2017 we got the best assistant coaches out there and the best footy boss Balme who put everything in place that gets underestimated the people below him.
Funny thing about footy. Ya don't win premierships ( plural, as one can be a little bit of a streaky fluke ) without having.
A bloody good playing list.
A quality coaching dept.
Premium support from the board n management.
A damn fine fitness, medical n rehab dept.
Then ya gotta throw in a handful of the old lady luck gold dust sprinkles just for good measure.

Yet it's guaranteed that whenever things go pear shaped for whatever reason, it's always just one sad, tired n lonely person with their agates on the anvil waiting for the hammer to drop.

Reactions: 3 users
Funny thing about footy. Ya don't win premierships ( plural, as one can be a little bit of a streaky fluke ) without having.
A bloody good playing list.
A quality coaching dept.
Premium support from the board n management.
A damn fine fitness, medical n rehab dept.
Then ya gotta throw in a handful of the old lady luck gold dust sprinkles just for good measure.

Yet it's guaranteed that whenever things go pear shaped for whatever reason, it's always just one sad, tired n lonely person with their agates on the anvil waiting for the hammer to drop.
Correct...ouch! We had our best players fit and firing for our premierships but in the 2018 PF we didn't. It's often just that simple.
Helps a lot to also have some capable sport psych assistants like we had with Emma and one or two others who got the best out of Dusty and a few others. I see De Goey has benefitted from similar help this year so that explains his good finals form and just might get him a Normie in the GF. If that happens it will be a Pies premiership.

Correct...ouch! We had our best players fit and firing for our premierships but in the 2018 PF we didn't. It's often just that simple.
Helps a lot to also have some capable sport psych assistants like we had with Emma and one or two others who got the best out of Dusty and a few others. I see De Goey has benefitted from similar help this year so that explains his good finals form and just might get him a Normie in the GF. If that happens it will be a Pies premiership.
We also had a myriad of other things go our way that got us in to top 4 in 17, 19 and 20 and influenced who we got to play.

On top of being an awesome team and pretty injury free and in form in all those final series.

17 some events got us a home vic final despite being 3rd.
19 we lost one (umps contributed big time), got st kilda, the PA bloke dropped a chest mark and a deliberate got paid for lambo (that was there - but we had edwards not get a htb vs nm in that EF) and pies couldn't beat the giants etc. etc. the history books don't change but luck does play a large part along with being awesome. 22 we had the AFL ignore their own rules and prestia's hammies pinging and stewart cleaning him out too. plus lynch should have just kicked it through the middle etc. or any of our defenders stay next to danniher - that's the luck that maybe gives brisbane confidence for this year - as if they had gone out straight last year - who knows how this year plays out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users