Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Will be on that Talking Finals show tonight with Chimp asking questions. Might watch it a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be on that Talking Finals show tonight with Chimp asking questions. Might watch it a bit.
Been pretty safe and straight bat answers… he’s been around the media long enough to know…. Lots of standard dimma-isms

Been pretty safe and straight bat answers… he’s been around the media long enough to know…. Lots of standard dimma-isms
I still don't believe that he wasn't aware of the GC offer stuff until they called him. He knew. I also don't believe he noticed players getting tired of him. Chimp could've backed that up but said nothing. I suppose 14 years is long time to be at 1 place, so it's understandable he wanted to leave as he was in the right position at the right time to take on that GC job.

I
I still don't believe that he wasn't aware of the GC offer stuff until they called him. He knew. I also don't believe he noticed players getting tired of him. Chimp could've backed that up but said nothing. I suppose 14 years is long time to be at 1 place, so it's understandable he wanted to leave as he was in the right position at the right time to take on that GC job.
I reckon he knew he was going to the Goldie after the AFL showed him the special FARC footage (i.e. GC job offer) because he went stum about the FARC after that and a half a season later, hey presto.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This deal was in the making well before they GC hierarchy flew to Milan to meet Hardwick. Good on Hardwick to land that job. I hold no grudges.

Reactions: 5 users
Looked relaxed next to Cotchin, so no hard feelings between the 2.
He also mentioned Dusty WON'T be at GC next year because he wants to play his 300th with us.
He is a good bloke, I can see why the players busted there ass's for him.
I wouldn't be surprised he dosent do a GWS and have GC playing quality footy next year..

Reactions: 6 users
Connors was aware. He was aware when he told my mates at Gather Round that Dimma would be coaching Gold Coast next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed.
Also he has a job to do as GC coach.
Do we expect him to try to beat us when we play? Of course.
Same with list decisions and off field staff.

He also has to beat 16 other clubs. Keeping us on side gives him an advantage over them.

Interesting with McCrae and Kingsley doing well
Who was Dimmas “ brains “
Kingsley or McCrae ? Or both

Connors was aware. He was aware when he told my mates at Gather Round that Dimma would be coaching Gold Coast next year.
Correct
That’s why Dimma was “ tapped “ on the shoulder by Benny after Dreamtime Debacle . Gather round has a lot to answer for . Dimma met with Port to play them off against GC
Port say to Ken you wait till later in year for your contract . . Evans tells his mate Dew he is safe only to go over his place two weeks later on a Sunday Night to sack him
Door slammed in Evans face , twice !!
Evans then leaks to press that Dew been sacked
Dew disappeared into mid air
Interesting world an AFL Club

Last edited:
Means nothing other than RFC put together a quality coaching group
Most teams that win multiple flags have coaches who become successful elsewhere. Look at all the coaches who worked under Clarkson, Dimma included

Reactions: 10 users
Carcella changed the way we played.
He was the Architect to the foward handball and the fast play.
McCrae helped with the relationships between the players. Making everyone tight.
Kingsley was the one that loved the young kids coming through. He always spoke highly of the kids in the 2's.
I love Dimma, but he was kissed on the *smile*, not only did he have Peggy and Benny watching his back, but his assistants each brought something different, that's what made them a very special group.

Reactions: 2 users
Carcella changed the way we played.
He was the Architect to the foward handball and the fast play.
McCrae helped with the relationships between the players. Making everyone tight.
Kingsley was the one that loved the young kids coming through. He always spoke highly of the kids in the 2's.
I love Dimma, but he was kissed on the *smile*, not only did he have Peggy and Benny watching his back, but his assistants each brought something different, that's what made them a very special group.
Spot on before 2017 he was all over the place lucky to keep his job the footy review and Balmey with the new assistants arriving changed it.

Correct
That’s why Dimma was “ tapped “ on the shoulder by Benny after Dreamtime Debacle . Gather round has a lot to answer for . Dimma met with Port to play them off against GC
Port say to Ken you wait till later in year for your contract . . Evans tells his mate Dew he is safe only to go over his place two weeks later on a Sunday Night to sack him
Door slammed in Evans face , twice !!
Evans then leaks to press that Dew been sacked
Dew disappeared into mid air
Interesting world an AFL Club
Why did Dimma buy a house on the Goldie in March if he met with Port in April? That's a funny way to play people off.

Why did Dimma buy a house on the Goldie in March if he met with Port in April? That's a funny way to play people off.
It’s actual fact that Port met with Dimma and asked the question
Benny found out as we all know footy clubs leak like Sivs
Port put Ken’s contract on hold
Benny told Dimma if your not going to coach us an honour your 2024 contract , you need to reconsider your career here
He resigned , said he was burnt out , but 3 weeks later said he wanted to coach again
His new partner wanted out of Melbourne and a new start
She is very strong personality
Place he purchased in March he settled on last week
Issue I have is this
He should of pulled the pin end of last year
Not buy a house before round 1
We would of had Adam Kingsley as coach

Reactions: 10 users
It will all come out in a book, and then the timeline will tell us the truth.

Thanks for the :cupgold :cupgold :cupgold Dimma