Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

If you lose the person who knows where all the data is, then it's almost like losing all your passwords. Good luck. 20 years of organizational knowledge leaving any organization doesn't get replaced.
Surely that department isn’t a one man operation and the club owns the data not the individual.

If this is the only poaching Hardwick does then I think the club will be pretty happy. If it’s the thin edge of the wedge, well that’s another story.

If you lose the person who knows where all the data is, then it's almost like losing all your passwords. Good luck. 20 years of organizational knowledge leaving any organization doesn't get replaced.
Hayden is a dill
Wouldn’t know how to kick a footy
Seriously
His own self importance is much greater than his ability
Shut the door on the way out champ
No secret he was going either

Reactions: 1 user
In fairness if he has been there since 2001ish than it's time for a change.
A lot of mediocre before the glory.
New eyes can be a good thing.

Isn't ip theft illegal like any other type of theft?

The only ip he'd go with would be in his head & what he stored on a hard drive before he went. We'd have all of that already in our database. A company can't stop what is in someone's head,, as for what he has on a hard drive. We can only guess.

The only ip he'd go with would be in his head & what he stored on a hard drive before he went. We'd have all of that already in our database. A company can't stop what is in someone's head,, as for what he has on a hard drive. We can only guess.
It’s all from Champion Data anyway
He just filtered as Dimma wanted
It’s not rocket science
RFC have there own program but the content is straight from Champion Data

Reactions: 5 users
A company can't stop what is in someone's head,, as for what he has on a hard drive. We can only guess.
That can be easily traced. Agree, the afl being such an incestuous industry makes it difficult to contain trade secrets.

this bloke going to SunLand is no big deal....our players data stays here

and remember Dimma loves his stats so it's no surprise he wants his stats man

Reactions: 1 users
It’s all from Champion Data anyway
He just filtered as Dimma wanted
It’s not rocket science
RFC have there own program but the content is straight from Champion Data
It’s the pre draft stuff too. Collecting data from scouts.
Data is everywhere. It’s the secret sauce that enriches, add weighting and visualises it in a manner to elevate the money ball. That technical analysis is a science. RFC should own the business logic. New person should be able to evolve it but Hayden was a pioneer.

Reactions: 2 users
My understanding is that HH provided game day data of stats that they liked and also information on other teams based on KPI’s that we valued. From that information we set strategies for games
The recruiting and player database is a different thing which is controlled by Blair.

Reactions: 5 users
Hayden is a dill
Wouldn’t know how to kick a footy
Seriously
His own self importance is much greater than his ability
Shut the door on the way out champ
No secret he was going either
So not a fan, Stig?

Only nine of the players are left and it wouldn't surprise me to see three or four of them gone before round 1, 2024.
Whos Left

2017- 2019 - 2020.

Martin

Nank

Grimes

Broad

Vlastuin

D Rioli

Prestia

2019 - 2020

Lynch

Bolton

Baker

Pickett

Short

2019 -

Soldo

2017 - 2020

Graham

McIntosh

2020 -

Balta

Last edited:
Hayden Hill is a great loss. He built IP from scratch. I've seen it up close. His evaluation of player skill sets is probably what has helped identify many of our lower draft picks. Whilst the club owns the technical IP you can't own something in someone's head. the ability to analyse and understand data and data links and causality and trends. Hayden has that and loads more.

A big loss.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
My understanding is that HH provided game day data of stats that they liked and also information on other teams based on KPI’s that we valued. From that information we set strategies for games
The recruiting and player database is a different thing which is controlled by Blair.
This is interesting, especially as Hardwick's main idea was to stick to our process and largely ignore opposition. We were so good, it worked.
But it was a constant frustration that the oppo's finest always seemed to shine against us.

Apart from Jack Graham that is, we often didn't apply a midfield tag.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Hayden Hill is a great loss. He built IP from scratch. I've seen it up close. His evaluation of player skill sets is probably what has helped identify many of our lower draft picks. Whilst the club owns the technical IP you can't own something in someone's head. the ability to analyse and understand data and data links and causality and trends. Hayden has that and loads more.

A big loss.
Wish he'd helped then with our higher end draft picks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users