Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Dimma is delusional if he thinks he has 80% premiership team with that list
Drinking his own bath water
Dimma got ordinary blokes now standing beside him in Campbell and Evans
Good luck Dimma. You will need it !
No Benny or Peggy or Mrs Hardwick to prop him up when he “ falls over “
Nor has he Emma Murray or Neil Balme or a Tim Livingstone

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Love Dimma almost as much as I love Tommy.
My son asked me if I will get on board the Suns as a second team. I answered with there aren’t any seconds; it’s Richmond or nothing.

No ill will from me. Thanks, Dimma. He came, he saw, he conquered. And took me along for the ride. Lot of gibberers on here at the moment. Same type of gibberers that would make great Essington members. Those that would still have Sheedy and Hird at the club…and have kept Dodo. Enough salt being thrown to power sumo tournaments into perpetuity.

What Dimma does or doesn’t do from here on is moot. He ain’t wearing the yellow and black so I couldn’t care less. If he ever stepped back into Tigerland then the transmission would resume. My 2c.

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone remember when Dimma was asked to be one of those night time footy shows. But couldn’t do as we were struggling and don’t want to face the questions.
Benny step in for him and took on the questions.
True leader Benny.

Reactions: 1 user
If the last 2 weeks of choking losses had that 80%, then it's best for Dimma to re-assess.

• Haha
No Rancey to hold his defence together.
No Cotch to rally the troops.
No GOAT to inspire the troops.
No Lynch to be the focal point for the troops.
No 100,000 paid up members following and supporting his troops.
No assistant coaches to fine tune the troops...they have all left to coach other AFL sides.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think Dimma would mind yesterday’s performance. It lowers the bar by which his success there will be judged.

Interesting how much Hardwick has changed during the last decade or so. He started at Richmond being very understated in everything he said. He was humble, patient and loyal. He did, after all, lose his first nine games before saluting for the first time.

80% of the next Premiership team is already here. Sounds like hubris.

Hate to say it but I did not expect this from Hardwick. Does he really need the extra pressure? It is not as if he just signed up to coach the 1996 Chicago Bulls.

On one hand, yes.

But remember - we had Benny Gale talking premierships in 2010 while everyone laughed.

You need someone at the top to publicly and boldly state your goals.

Dimma has the credibility to make that statement for Gold Coast, so it would make good strategic sense for him to do it.

But it’s only desirable if calculated.

His “not the messiah” line raised my eyebrow more than his mission statement.

Reactions: 2 users
And so it begins.

Richmond’s Football Analysis Manager Hayden Hill is set to depart the club, in order to join Damien Hardwick at the Gold Coast Suns.

Hill has been at Richmond since 2001 and been a right-hand man for Hardwick in the data and game analysis area through the coach's 14 seasons at the helm of the Tigers. - Cal Twomey

• Angry
And so it begins.

Richmond’s Football Analysis Manager Hayden Hill is set to depart the club, in order to join Damien Hardwick at the Gold Coast Suns.

Hill has been at Richmond since 2001 and been a right-hand man for Hardwick in the data and game analysis area through the coach's 14 seasons at the helm of the Tigers. - Cal Twomey

Surely stats guys are a dime a dozen?

And so it begins.

So much about Dimma not bringing anyone in.

Surely stats guys are a dime a dozen?
If you lose the person who knows where all the data is, then it's almost like losing all your passwords. Good luck. 20 years of organizational knowledge leaving any organization doesn't get replaced.

Reactions: 4 users
If you lose the person who knows where all the data is, then it's almost like losing all your passwords. Good luck. 20 years of organizational knowledge leaving any organization doesn't get replaced.

Like any employee. The data would be owned by the employer. If he leaves and we lose 20 years worth of IP, we may as well shut the club down for incompetence.

Reactions: 5 users